My Wonder Boy

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

It was homeroom. You wondered where Daehyun went as you were already settled down in the seat right next to the window.

Students shuffled in; some elated to see you, others were just plain happy that there’s a new female student in their class. Daehyun sauntered in and plopped down in the chair next to yours as a teacher entered the room.

“We have two new students in our class for this second semester. Hong Aeree and Jung Daehyun,” the teacher had to raise his voice as the students were continuously making a huge fuss over the replacement teacher they had.

You couldn’t blame them. The teacher was disorganized and dressed so inappropriately. It’s a wonder that he doesn’t have an anti-club just for him. The teacher made the latter silence themselves before making the three of you introduce yourselves to the class. Surprisingly, both guys had girls swooning over them like there’s no tomorrow.

“I see you like the attention, aye mister,” you nudged Daehyun who was hiding his face behind a book.

“Don’t rub it in. You’re just jealous no one’s into you,” Daehyun chided.

“As if. You’re just jealous your best friend is going to get a soul mate quicker than you would.”

“Shut it. What about the new guy there? You said you might know him.”

“Mr. Jung. Ms. Hong. Is there anything you would like to add?” the teacher glared at us.

Others were talking yet he pointed the two of you who were just whispering to each other. The teacher then continued talking in a monotonous voice that everyone detested.

“Hey, yeobo.”

“Hm?”

“I hate homeroom now,” you muttered as you leaned forward onto the table.

“Yeah, I know how you feel, yeobo,” Daehyun looked up from his arms and tapped your head. Exactly how you loved it to be.

Every period droned on and on, till you thought in that school, breaks weren’t in their dictionary. Each period was the same; you stand up, greet the teachers and sit down again. Teacher talks about what you would go through that semester and then briefly go through some topics. Then it repeats itself another painful cycle again. And finally when it was break, you were almost asleep.

But could you actually sleep with the entire ruckus around you? Girls were flirting and glaring every single chance they had for they heard some weird rumours that the two of you were attached. You for once were actually glad that you chose the window seats. At least your mind could be happier somewhere else.

“Aeree-ah…. Yah, Aeree. Aeree. Aeree. Aeree. JUNG AEREE! Oh, wait that’s my surname. HONG AEREE!” Daehyun screamed into your ear as you finally came back to your senses.

You were stoned for a moment before you hit his back hard. You grinned sheepishly at his misery. Both of you were walking to the cafeteria until…

“Oww! I’m so sorry-Oh!” you exclaimed as you apologised to the person you bumped into.

He stared at you for a moment or two before clapping his hands in surprise. You stared into each other’s eyes for a moment.

“YOU!”

“Short Girl!”

Your eyes widened in amazement.He was chuckling at the nickname you gave him while you were sulking over yours. Daehyun, who was standing in the middle of you two, was utterly confused by the two.

"We meet again," Wonder Boy spoke for the first time without stuttering, putting his hand out.

“We meet again,” you grinned.

"I remember the routes. By the way, I'm-"

A group of boys hollered for him and he headed out, hoping to bump into you once again. He didn't finish his sentence. You wanted to know his name. You didn't manage to shake his hand.

“Mind explaining why the hell is he Wonder Boy? What? Is he related to Wonder Woman? His mom is Wonder Woman? I could totally surpass his looks!” Daehyun immediately spurted out everything he had held in from the start, stamping his feet.

You started explaining that incident in the stationary store. No one could ever glare as if they're burning your soul just like Daehyun . And he sulked the whole lunch period just because the boy had a nickname like Wonder Boy and he doesn’t.

“Yah, you’re my yeobo. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?” you tried to console him the hard way. By slapping his shoulders. (Y) (A/N: I don’t get how < --- is a victory sign)

 What isn’t there to trust about Daehyun? He had and will always be right by your side. You never wanted to leave him unless that happened again. He’s that mandatory person you’ll need. He knows what to do when you feel sad, and for some reason, you adore him so much that during that period of time, you tried to keep your mind away from him and kept thinking how Daehyun was handling her and his absence.

That's how much he meant to you. That's how much Daehyun meant to you.

 


 

I'm so sorry for not updating regularly! Prelims ended last week but I managed to squeeze in some time to write this in. One more month and I'm free of this study regime. This explains how close Daehyun is to you and bits of their life and attitudes. You'll get to understand the characters a little bit more. Chanyeol will be appearing in the next chapter, I promise!