First Day of School

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

“HYUNG!! WE’LL BE LATE! HURRY UP!”

“AEREE! WHERE’S MY SOCKS?”

“I ASKED YOU ALL TO PACK THE NIGHT BEFORE. THE REST GO FIRST, I need to settle these dimwits,” Kris spoke irately.

The ones who were all set had already left the house and were on their way to school. This year, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongdae will be in senior year, Sehun and Jongin in their junior years whereas you had just entered your second year of high school. You recently transferred to their school for your old school closed down.

“Everything’s going to be fine with us around.” Jongin slid his arm around your shoulder, comforting you.

You raised a brow whilst fiddling with the hems of your skirt. Baekhyun patted your head gently; assuring that the school years you have ahead of you would be nothing worse than what you had gone through.

All seven of you walked to school in silence, embracing the peace you had before it left. And when I say peace, I mean quiet. Because the moment all of you reached the school’s vicinity, shrieks and squeals could be heard from every direction. And probably glares too.

Whisperings and murmurs filled the air as you entered the hallway. Although Jongin’s arm was off of you, Chanyeol was leading you to your homeroom like all older siblings would do to their younger ones. That’s what you thought he was going to do.

But no. He stood on a table with everyone’s attention. He took your arm and raised it up high. You widened your eyes and tried to break his grip.

“This is Hong Aeree. She recently joined the school as a sophomore. Welcome her nicely, OK? Anyone who messes with her will have to go through us. And when I say anyone, I most definitely mean you,” Chanyeol threatened everyone, especially an auburn-haired boy. The boys face-palmed themselves. Chanyeol, the unpredictable.

That made you think. Why in the world was Chanyeol announcing your arrival? Everyone started spurting loud, weird comments:  ‘She’s pretty!’ ‘How is she close with the boys?’ ‘Are you single?’ ‘I bet 10,000 won she’s dating one of them.’

Most of them left right after hearing about a ranking list being released, leaving you and the six of them. You looked up from the floor, clutching tightly on the handles of your bag. Every single one of them tried to avoid your gaze restlessly.

“What was that about?” You asked, still puzzled as to the situation.

“Remember the y highness in your old school you used to complain to me about?” Baekhyun asked you. You nodded, unsure of where the conversation was going to.

“In our school, we have rankings; intelligence, appearance, athletics and stuff like that. If your social group has all of those, everyone looks up to you, admire you. “

“And you become one of the Highness sort-of thing?”

“Smart girl. We’re the Kings, I'm gonna sound conceited but we're kind and gentle. Whereas the Queens,” Baekhyun paused.

“Just-just don’t get close to them. I suggest you don’t ever make any contact with them. If you hear this name, don’t get close. After School.”

You nodded once more before leaving, moving towards the hallways. There, everyone was all huddled up together, trying to get a peek of the other new students. You wondered why the school encourages these type of hairstyles and colours. Especially when they’re blonde. Ish. You walked straight to your locker when you heard..

“Aeree-ah!” A guy’s voice boomed through the hallway. You turned, just to be attacked by 4 blonde-ish looking dudes. Everyone released their hugs except for one guy.

“Daehyun-oppa. Can’t breathe. Geez, you’re worse than one of my oppas. What happened to your hair? Why so blonde? Well, Jongup-oppa’s isn’t blonde and Zelo’s has pink highlights. But what is this?” you started talking like a bullet train, moving your arms animatedly.

“Yongguk-hyung’s artistic works. And to be truthful, it IS awesome so don’t go on hating the hair. Well, aren’t you happy to see us? I heard all your oppas including Sehun is here. I want to meet him. Hopefully, I’m in the same class. Let’s just get going. And Aeree, Daehyun’s in your class for everything, this one lucky lad,” Youngjae stated matter-of-factly as he took his time to gradually part from the gathering.

"You," you stared at Daehyun.

"Me," he gleefully grinned back at you.

"KYA!!!"

Like an animal’s instinct, you hugged each other while screaming for joy. Daehyun had been your best friend for as long as you could remember. You guys were as close as you were with Baekhyun. You were elated to see him again for you thought he would want to enter one of the prestigious schools in Seoul. Hugging him tightly, "You're back."

“OMO, she’s dating the new kid!”

Oh yeah, school's just got worse.

-----------------------

Yes, Daehyun's her best friend. It's just unfortunate that Aeree never actually said anything about her oppas to Daehyun. Only Youngjae knows exactly who they are mainly cause his friends with Sehun.

I apologise for being the worst author ever. Sorry guys, this whole semester (July to Oct) is my nationals exams. I’m going to finish my preliminaries at the end of august whereas the actual one is in Sept. I wrote this in a rush when I got an idea so I apologise once again for the short chapter. Just don’t unsubscribe! T.T I’m trying my best to update at the same time while studying so bear with me! *deep bowing*