One

Still You

 

- his -
 
 
Time really do fly--I didn't notice that it had been two years since the day I left her broken, made her heart fall into pieces and leave her in so much pain. I don't know how her life goes now, but I still clearly remember her face. 
 
I remember the first time I see her vividly; it was my day one in school, I'm a total loner that time, I have no friends at all... I do always feel envy while watching people around me having their own companies; chatting happily and fooling around. It made me missed my friends that I left. It's not like I'm not friendly type of person but it was the mere fact that the people around me didn't like talking to someone like me; I hardly speak in english since I'm new in town, I didn't know their first language. They gonna talked to me if they need to, if they have to and if they have no choice since I'm thier classmates.
 
It was my second month in school when she approached me unexpectedly, I was sitting alone at the corner, we're waiting for our professor, so while the professor wasn't around, students are fooling around, and having fun doing prank jokes. Since I'm a total loner, I have my headset on and listening to music when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder, I looked up and she was next to me, smiling. I took off my headset. 
 
Megan: Isn't it your group 1?
 
She asked and I nodded as a respond. She was talking about group study. One of our professor group us into five for a group study session and I was belong to group 1.
 
Megan: You know me already, don't you?
 
She asked again and I nodded my head again. She's Megan, the nice and kind classmate of mine, she's quiet in class but she do well in most of our activities. She's one of the good students in academy.
 
Megan: uh, it just so happened that our group will gonna have session after class. Just to inform you.
 
Sunho: uh... okay...
 
For some reason I am so speechless, all I can do is to looked at her, admire her smile. She smiled at me once again before leaving me alone and go back to her place, she was chatting with some of our classmates.
 
After that day, we become close and to make it short, I courted her and she became my girlfriend. I was the luckiest and happiest guy that time. Everyday in my life is perfect. I am so contented having her--having only her as my company. She then introduce her friends to me.
 
It was our first anniversarry, the most unforgettable memory in my life, ask me why? Because it was the day I broke her heart... the day I didn't expect to happen.
 
- her -
 
Being here in this place is unexpected, I really don't expect being here at all if it wasn't my cousin's request I am not here. I studied the country's language first before getting here. I have to since it'll be my key in communicating to others. My cousin informed me before going here that people in this country hardly talked in english that's why most of them decided to go to Philippines to study English.
 
My cousin and I got enrolled in one of the well-known academy in town. My cousin Kevin give me tour around the place so I can familiarized every spot here. This town is really pretty and admirable. I do have fun walking around. Kevin never fail telling me to study here and be with him everytime we have phone conversation, Kevin born and grew up in America and last couple of years he decided to have a journey in this country since most of the people here have dreams to be in America.
 
Kevin: tell me, why you don't want to be here.
 
My cousin asked me, we just done having dinner. He cooked for me actually since I granted his request being here. What was my reason why I don't want to be here?? It's because I'm afraid to see him. Because being here will make my world so small that I'm going to have millions of possibilities to meet him. 
 
Him, the one who I gave my heart.
 
Him, the one who also broke it.
 
Him, the reason why I'm still in pain until now,
 
His the first person who break my heart.
 
Megan: nothing.
 
I answered him as if I really don't care. My eyes glued in the screen of television--I have hard time understanding the drama since it's not in my language but the way they act helps me a lot to understand it though. I glanced over Kevin who's eyes glued on the screen also.
 
Kevin: I'm thankful that you're here now, at least I won't be alone in this big condo that mom bought for me.
 
Megan: why didn't invite your friends here?
 
Kevin: we have different styles of living. I mean, I live the way I live my life in US while them, they live the way they used to live here. Sure, there are lot of differences, especially for the foods we eat, they love ramen so much whilch I don't. I love eating different kinds of foods.
 
Megan: what about me? I live my life in different way as you do.
 
Kevin: we're just the same. You live the way I live my life. Believe me, some countrymen of yours love hanging out with me instead hanging out with them. I mean, most of your countrymen are really open-minded and doesn't really mind the way I fool around.
 
I looked at him straightly in the eyes. Sure, we live our lives in the same way, I used to live in US before. I knew how Americans live their lives and yeah, it's truly different than the way people live here. According to the dramas I used to watch before, people here are sensitive, if I'm not mistaken. 
 
First day of school, Kevin and I belong to different classes. We're not actually classmate and since I'm new, I'm kinda anxious. As soon as I stepped inside the classroom and the professor introduced me to the class I can't help but to looked around the room. The room is kinda huge and there are lot students. Hell, of course there are lot students. Crazy me. The professor told me where will I sit and motioned his hand, pointing to a vacant seat at the back.
 
My heart leaps.