Chapter Two - Packages

Survivor: Celebrity Edition

Maroon indicates that the characters are speaking in Korean and if it is in regular font, they are speaking in English.


Hyunseung? Hello? Hello?” The line began to beep and she grunted in frustration. The calling card must have run out of minutes and cut their conversation. Hyunseung was just about to tell her the list of the participants in the show but the card had great timing. Just as she was about to collapse on her bed again, she heard her house phone ring. She groaned and then reached for the cordless phone on her side table and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hey Marissa, there’s a package down here for you, I need you to sign for it.”

“Thanks Don, I’ll be right down.”  Sighing, she pushed herself off of the bed and grabbed a hair tie, tying her curly brown hair into a messy bun. She took her keys from the top of her dresser and walked to the front door of her apartment and slipped into a pair of fuzzy slippers. She opened the door and stepped out, quickly locking the door behind her and then turned to her immediate right where the stairs were placed so conveniently for her. She lived on the second floor so she found no use for the elevators unless she had a lot to carry. She jogged down the flight of stairs and pushed the doors open and walked to the front desk.

“Hey Don, busy morning?” She greeted the secretary who smiled at her in return.

“Not quite, but this man has a package for you.” He indicated to a man in a postman’s uniform and she turned to him.

“Good morning miss, just sign here please.” He handed her an electronic device and she scribbled her signature on the screen. It gave a small beep and printed a receipt which he ripped off and handed to her, along with a brown package.

“Thanks.” The postman left and Marissa looked at the package curiously.

“Who’s it from?” She shrugged and then looked at the sender’s name.

Survivor Korea

Her eyes widened when she read the name and then she proceeded to say a goodbye to Don and ran up the stairs, back to her apartment. Once inside, she kicked of her slippers and jumped on the couch and began ripped the package apart. There were a lot of papers and a travel booklet. On the very top was a letter and she unfolded it, holding her breath. She quickly exhaled as she saw that it was written in English and began to read it.

“Hello Participant,

I would like to formally welcome you to the Survivor Korea team and I hope you will find this to be an exciting adventure. This package contains the travel booklet for your starting country which is the country you currently reside in. We are not allowed to reveal the countries you will be heading to as it will be a part of the challenge to figure out your next destination.

Enclosed is also information on your celebrity partner who you will be responsible for picking up at your respective airport. You will also find a small box containing a digital watch which you must wear at all times as it is specially designed to be synced with every other participant’s watch. Your partner will have received one as well and the colour of it will determine your team colour. It will automatically turn on once the race begins, so please bear that in mind.

You and your partner will be given a week to get acquainted with each other and I assure you that you will get total privacy as our cameras will not follow that particular process. We cannot promise, however, that no fans will approach you two as your partner is still first and foremost a celebrity. Nonetheless, you will find your designated cameramen at each of your destinations.

There is not much left for me to say as everything is included in the package. With that I wish you and your partner good luck!

Survivor Korea, Head Director

Choi Myungsoo”

Heart beating rapidly, Marissa stared at the letter for a while before setting it down beside her. She searched through the contents of the package and looked at the travel booklet for Canada. She flipped through the pages and saw pictures of the scenery of the vast Arctic-like tundra in Nunavut as well as the prairies down in Alberta. She then came across the picture of her own city – Toronto. It showed a picture of the beautiful skyline, outlining the silhouettes of the CN Tower and the Skydome. Then she eyed a post-it note on the corner of the page and was disappointed to find that it was written in Korean. Marissa’s conversational skills were probably up to par or at least decent, but in terms of reading and writing, she still had much to learn.

She sighed and closed the booklet, throwing it on top of the letter. She then grabbed the little box the letter had indicated and unlocked the clasp. It made a small click and opened for her, revealing a white, digital watch. The screen was blank just as the letter had said and Marissa stowed it back into the little box compartment. She then grabbed the last piece of paper and smoothed it out.

Location of Pick up: Terminal 1 – International Arrivals

Date of Pick up: January 18, 2011

FLIGHT INFORMATION

Flight No.: KAL704

Time of Arrival: 13:45

She re-read everything once and then twice but she couldn’t find the one thing she was really curious about.

“What the – How do they expect me to pick up someone when I don’t even know their name?!” She flipped the paper this way and that, in search for a name but to no avail. Slightly more frustrated than before, she fell back down on her back and sighed.


sTeLLaRxFRESH as "Candace Park"

oceanwriter as "Marie Acosta"

aristargirl as "Ariana Yang"

MissJ2013 as "Yuki Kim"

lanabonamana as "Jia Huang"

LovelyyMelodyy as "Crissy Di Angelo"

Kangin_love as "Estelle Kim"

P.S. If you can tell by the new banner, I added one other celebrity in order to balance out the amount of applications I ended up choosing. So now the new (and final) celebrity lineup is: Minho (SHInee), Seungho (MBLAQ), Yoseob (BEAST), Hyunseung (BEAST), G-Dragon (Big Bang), TOP (Big Bang), and Doojoon (BEAST). That's all for now, please look forward to the next (real) update!


A/N (January 19, 2011): Chapter two is finally up! It's fairly short so I apologize for that. This was Marissa's story and now I will slowly write the other characters, I hope you enjoy! And if you would like to read more of my work, you should check out my other fic - Remember Me - which stars Junhyung and Doojoon of BEAST. Thanks again everyone! ♥