His Doll

His Doll (BaekChen One Shot)

She watched him tear through the sparkly blue wrapping paper that she bought for a low price. She smiled as he finally saw what was inside. "Umma! You got me a doll?" he said with disgust.
She frowned and almost burst into tears on the spot, but before she could, Baekhyun smiled and danced around with the little doll. "I love it! Thank you umma!" he pranced to her and gave her a huge hug.
"You're welcome Baekhyunnie."

~~~

"Aish" he grumbled and tossed the pile of bills on to the kitchen table. He's been working over time, but hasn't been getting paid for it. His boss has heard what he's had to say about it, but won't do anything to fix Baekhyun's complaints.

"More bills?" his roommate walked in seeing Baekhyun's distress.

"Oh hey Yeol, what's up?" Baehyun sighed. Thank god that he was able to find someone to be his roommate, or he would have been screwed. Chanyeol has been living with Baekhyun for a little under a year. He's been a great roommate, Baekhyun has to admit, but money is still tight even though Chanyeol pays for about half of the monthly costs for electricity and the apartment fee. The apartment was pretty nice, but too fancy. It was in the southern part of Seoul, right on the Han river.

"Well, I just cashed my check, so we can pay those bills now." Chanyeol said nonchalantely. Baekhyun gulped at the word 'we'. He has a little crush on Chanyeol, he's not gonna deny that. But Chanyeol already has a boyfriend, that he calls "Krees." Baekhyun likes to think there is hope for 'Baekyeol', a couple name he randomly thought of while laying in bed one night. He thinks there is hope because Chanyeol thinks Kris is cheating on him for some "wushu master" friend of his. It's a horrible thing to say, but Baekhyun wishes Kris would run to this Chinese teen so he can have Chanyeol to himself.

"That's good, because I just got a notice for this one being late" Baekyun said, pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes shut and holding up said notice. He set it down and walked to the kitchen. "You want some dinner? It's getting kind of late..." Chanyeol agreed and walked into the kitchen and began searching for some food with Baekyun.

"Aigoo, we have no food" Yeol whined.

Baekhyun sighed and his shoulders slumped. He looked up and Chanyeol's hair that had collected grease through out his long work day. "I'll go to the market real quick and get some ramen or something" he volunteered. "You should take a shower. You smell like... a poop smoking a cigarette."

Chanyeol's eyes widened and he started cracking up "Gee, thatnks for the compliment!" he mused. Baekhyun began laughing along at his own comment. "Well it's true babo!" he smiled. "Alright, I'll see you in a bit okay?" Chanyeol nodded and headed towrd the bathroom, still giggling along the way.

 

Baekhyun was at the check out line, well more like he was just checking out. There wasn't much of a line this late in the evening. He payed the cashier and took his groceries outside. The small market was just down the street, so he usually just walked home. He was turning out of the sliding glass doors when he bumped into someone. This startled Baekhyun since almost no one was on the streets, and he dropped the bags of ramen to the ground.

"Oh I'm so sorry, sir" he panicked. He imediately began picking up things and stuffing them into the bags again, when the stranger and Baekhyun reached for the same package of ramen at the same time. Baekhyun froze and let his gaze follow the other's hand, up his arm, and to his face. Blinked and studied the other man's face. He could've sworn this man was farmiliar, but he couldn't put his finger on who it was.

"Ah, there's one more packaged left.." the stranger smiled as he handed Baekhyun the last pack of ramen. Baekhyun took the package reluctantly and kept looking at the other man kneeling to the ground. He had high cheekbones, porcelin skin, and black, thick framed glasses.

'He looks like a doll' Baekhyun thought. "May I help you?" the man spoke. Baekhyun blinked again and shook his head.

"A-ani, you just look... so familiar" Baekhyun tilted his head. "Oh, well, have you ever met someone named Chen or Jongdae Kim?" he asked smiling and helping Baekhyun off the ground.

Baekhyun thought for a second. "Hmm... nope, but the name rings a bell" he shrugged. "Nice to meet you Chen or Jongdae" Baekhyun bowed.

Chen laughed a little. "Just call me Chen." he bowed back. Chen looked down at the ground next to them and saw a package of ramen sitting in the middle of the road, smashed with dry noodles everywhere. He made a face. Baekhyun followed Chen's gaze to the broken package of ramen. "Aish, that's my fault, I'm sorry" Chen scratched his head. "Let me make it up to you somehow?"

"Nah, it's alright. No need to make it up." Baekhyun waved his hand at the other man's offer.

"Come on, I want to. Have you eaten dinner yet?" Chen questioned. 'Is going to take me to dinner?' Baekhyun thought.

"Uhh, well... no, not yet..." Baekhyun said. "Great, I'll take you for coffee then" Chen insisted.

"Oh, um, okay I guess... You still don't have to make it up to me." Baekhyun smiled. 'Though I wouldn't mind a cup of coffee with this guy.' Baekhyun thought as he looked over Chen's face and body.

"My treat.... uh..." Chen trailed off. "Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun" he finished Chen's sentence.

"Right, Baekhyun." Chen nodded.

Chen took Baekhyun to the little coffee shop right on the corner of that street and they sat down, had a cup of coffe and Baekhyun had a scone to go with his drink. When Chen insisted he pay, Baekhyun blushed and said "fine." So they're walking home now, and it's pretty dark out.

".." Baekhyun mumbled under his breath. "What's wrong?" Chen asked as he walked Baekhyun back to his apartment and helped him carry the ramen.

"Ah, my roommate called me a billion times... whoops.." he answered, looking down at his iPhone. Chen chuckled lightly. "Well, this is my building." Baekhyun sighed, looking up the 10 story building. "I enjoyed your company, and thanks for the coffe." he smiled.

"No problem."Chen smiled. "Well.... here's my number if you ever want to talk" Chen handed Baekhyun a little piece of paper with his name and number on it. Baekhyun nodded and said thank you and they exchanged goodbyes and Baekhyun went back to his appartment with a grumpy Chanyeol waiting for him. Chanyeol ranted a little as Baekhyun made them food and Baekhyun just laughed distantly at how cute Chenyeol was. But the whole night, even when he was with Chen, he couldn't help but think how much Chen looked like someone he knew.

Baekhyun went to his bedroom after a shower, fed and ready for bed, and he looked up at the ceiling for a while, thinking about how he liked Chen, and how familiar he looked. This was bugging Baekhyun. His gaze landed on the only possession he had left of his mother, and that's when it hit him.

His doll looked like an exact replica of Chen.

His doll.