Gambling

I'm Not Who You Think I Am

 

The following day thoughts of glasses girl had left me completely as I walked around with my group of friends. Another thing that added to the social façade was the people I surrounded myself with. My friends were all in all, douche bags. Excluding me, myself and I and of course Suho and Sehun.

The literature major and the savior, both finally settled down and had themselves some real girlfriends, as for me...

“Oppa!” Sunny called out as she ran towards me and my friends.

I rolled my eyes before putting on a smile, “Babe!”

She ran into my arms and kissed my lips like she’s done already for the umpteenth time today. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her waist, “Oppa, I missed you.”

I saw you two hours ago.

“Yeah I missed you too, baby.”

Such a lie, but hey if that’s what she wants to hear.

Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun and I walked to the cafeteria with girls clinging like leeches to us. Sehun was waiting for his girlfriend to meet us with her friends.Sunny had her arm tightly wrapped around mine as my hands were shoved into my pockets. The way she kept coming closer almost had me tripping over my own two feet. Ugh, so clingy.I slipped my arm out of her iron grip and held hands with her creating distance.

“Hey there is a table over there near the window!” Kai took the lead and we all sat down at the large table.

Sehun looked around anxiously waiting for his girlfriend, “Where is she?”

I looked out the window droning out the sound of Sunny’s voice as she shot nonsense at me and noticed two girls coming in our direction.Both slender and tall for the average Asian women, they were both gorgeous.

“Oh there she is!” Sehun ran in the direction of the two women and attacked one of them with a hug and lifted her up. The other one was left standing with a wide smile on her face. A very familiar smile. A very familiar face. Glasses girl? Except no glasses. She was hot! I eyed her as she walked over with Sehun and his girlfriend. She was a beauty to behold definitely hidden behind a well concocted disguise.

“Guys, this is my girlfriend, Min.” Sehun introduced with a smile that reached from ear to ear like a crazy person.

“And this is my best friend, Jinnie.” She motioned to the girl beside her who was half hidden.

She looked around the table with a shy smile and met eyes with me. A shocked expression spread across her face that she soon changed to something more subtle. I chuckled to myself and moved my eyes to Sunny. I wrapped my arm around her and waited for the reaction. Jinnie looked at the contact and scowled a bit.

That’s it sweetheart, be jealous. But then again you have nothing to be jealous about. “Won’t you join us?” I smirked to add to the fire and I could see the red creep on her face and take over her ears.

“I’d love too, but I have a paper I need to finish. It was nice seeing you all again.” She bowed and left without another acknowledgement.I watched her the whole time and noticed the few times she tripped over her own feet on the flat surface of the sidewalk. She's still a clutz even without the glasses.

“Isn’t she sweet?” Min questioned the group only earning slight grunts from Kai and Chanyeol.

“What’s with you two?” I questioned as I took my arm back from Sunny.

“Jinnie, is a total . Don’t think that that nice act is who she is.” Kai stabbed away at his food as I turned to Chanyeol for an explanation.

“Last year, just about every guy asked her out. All of them shot down, even Kai. Along with Chen, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo.”

So we have a little heartbreaker on our hands. I guess looks can really be deceiving. What I saw yesterday, was not the picture of some female heartthrob. It was the image of, with all due respect, a nerd. Though today, I could see the appeal. Until she started tripping.

“So she’s single?” I mused thinking of this new challenge presented to me.

“Yes, but you’re not.” Chanyeol brought back the annoying reality of the girl sitting beside me. I looked down at her as she texted obnoxiously on her phone and rolled my eyes. This wasn’t going to last very long. I’m human, and we humans grow tired of things very easily.

“Luhan, don’t even think about it.” Min chuckled sensing my plan. I looked at her as she wore a knowing smile, “You’re just going to get shot down like the rest of them, I know your type and it’s certainly not hers.”

I faked a shocked expression and pointed to myself innocently, “What? Me? I wasn’t thinking anything except befriending such a nice girl. And what do you mean? Are you implying I’m not her type?”

She nodded her head with an amused expression on her face. I stood up from my seat and gave a playful smirk back, “Sweetheart…I’m everybody’s type.”

“Do you not hear the nonsense your girlfriend spits at me, Sehun ah?” I looked to the love struck bastard beside her as he looked up at me in a daze, “She speaks the truth, hyung.”

“What?” I replied with a harsh tone of voice.

“Birds of a feather flock together, oppa.” Min gave me a mischievous smirk before taking hold of Sehun’s hand, “Except this one of course.”

“Better keep that guardian act up Sehun, before I come over there and hurt your little angel.” I left the table annoyed when Sunny called out from behind me.

“Oppa! Wait for me!” My aggravated state heightened to new levels as her squeaky voice sent chills down my spine.

I turned to her sharply putting up a hand, “We’re done.”

I faced forward to avoid the terror I had just unleashed when I felt a small hand grasp my shoulder and spun me around. Sunny raised a hand and was about to slap my cheek when I caught it before it even reached midway, “Don’t even think about it, dollface.”

“You ! I hate you!” She lifted a leg to kick my shin only to miss as I moved to the side. She lost her balance and slightly fell forward before shooting me a glare.

“Not my fault you’re not fast enough.” I shrugged and walked off with a smirk.

The infamous break up scene that has happened in my life all too many times, it sort of became a force of habit I suppose and my reflexes have saved me from a lot of slaps and kicks.

I slipped my hands in my pocket putting on my best poker face. I was ready to start gambling with fate.

And I never lose…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*slapes self* I shouldn't be on right now...I shouldn't be on right now...

:DD

Tumblr_m3f1lqzqrn1r94v2zo1_500_large

Lu-han-exo-28211395-512-640_large