Rain on a Day like This

My Three Second Girl

"Yoseob! Get out of bed and hurry up! I don't want to be late for school," Kikwang whined, pulling on my foot. I groaned as I clung myself on to the bed sheets.

"I don't want to go to school," I retorted, kicking him in the stomach. He yelped in pain, clutching on the area as I resumed back against the covers. He scrunched his eyebrows as he proceeded again, now trying to grab my blankets.

"Come on! I know you're upset, but avoiding school won't make it any better," he said, still pulling on my blankets. I pulled them back until it went over my head and faced away from him. He was right, but not avoiding my problem won't make it any better anyway. "Get up Seobie. You will be fine."

"I. Don't. Want. To." I said back, still facing away from him. He gave an exasperated sigh as he gazed sorrowfully at me.

"Yoseob, please don't make me do this. It's going to hurt you." I scoffed at his sentence.

"Do what? Hit me wit a stick like Hyunseung? Fine. Go ahead. I don't care," I snapped, turning over to face him. He gave another sigh as he looked up at the ceiling. I looked up too, and wondered what was so great that even the ceiling looked interesting.

"I can't believe I'm going to let out my secret..." At the word 'secret', my ears perked up and I shot up in my bed.

"Secret? What secret? Tell me," I ordered, my eyes wide with anticipation. He gave another sigh and looked away from me.

"Oh you won't like it. I know you won't," he said, a hand over his face. I went closer to him and put on my cutest face. Then, when he looked over, I smiled.

"Can you pweease tell Seobie pet?" Kikwang went over to the door and placed his hand on the knob. Then, he faced my direction.

"I..." I ushered him to go on, now on the edge of the bed," love..." There was a long pause as I heard the knob slowly turn and the door slightly open. "Jieun."

In a flash, he ran down the stairs and out with door with me, already washed up and dressed, chasing him closely behind.

"You backstabbing, lying, tramp, terrible, SON OF A BISH," I screamed, trying to grab his collar. He laughed at me as he stopped running and clapped his hands. I, on the other hand, ran over to him and shook his shoulders, unaware of my surroundings.

"Ha ha ha! I didn't actually think it would work, but you really are easy to trick," he exclaimed, leaving me to become utterly confused. Know what would work? Then, I looked at what I was in front of; the school. What I was wearing; my school uniform.

"Why you-" I growled while grabbing his collar, a fist ready to punch him, but stopped as soon as I saw Jieun. What was different than last time, however, is that she's surrounding by a bunch of guys.

"Jieun! One date, please. One date is all I ask. Please Jieun. PLEASE!" The male student pleaded, yanking her arm. She shook her head nervously as she tried to pry her arms away.

"N-no thanks. I don't really want a relationsh-"

"PLEASE!" he screamed, on his knees, causing her eyes to widen and herself to back away. "I do anything!" He was pushed away by some other boys who ended up doing the same exact thing. She looked so hopeless. I felt really sorry for her. Then again, why can't I have enough courage to tell her my feelings like them?

"May you all please stop? I don't even k-know you," she pleaded, trying to go a different way. They didn't listen.

"PLEASE DATE ME!"

-------------------------

"Good morning Jie-"

"Idon'twanttodateyousopleasegoaway," Jieun said, covering her face with her hands. Wooyoung gave her a confused look as he sat down on his seat.

"Speak. Slower," he ordered slowly as he cocked his head. "Plus, Yoseob only wanted to say good morning. What's the big deal?" Jieun lifted her hands away from her face and looked back at Wooyoung. Then she looked at me. She than gave a small wave.

"Good morning," she greeted, a little softer than when she was last talking. I waved back, giving her my best "Everything will be alright" smile. I knew her situation...although I haven't actually faced it before.

"So, Jieun-ah," Wooyoung started bluntly, cocking his head to the side," what's with the mood? Something bothering you?" Jieun looked back at him, wide-eyed.

"Oh no no no. I'm fine. Just peachy!"

"If you were fine than you wouldn't say weird stuff like 'peachy'," Wooyoung said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, well, there has been this one incident this morning. These boys kept bothering me. Some I didn't even know! I asked them to leave me alone and, all of a sudden, they shout proposals for me to be their girlfriend or to date them. I'm just not comfortable," Jieun poured out, gazing down at her desk. Wooyoung scoffed as he laid back in his seat.

"Seriously? That's it? You should actually be glad that they all like you. I mean, that happens all the time for cool guys like me. Yeah, it's a normal thing," he bragged, leaving Jieun to cringe more in her seat. After a moment of silence, she lifted her head up and straightened her posture, glaring at Wooyoung in the eye.

"Yeah, of course you would think that. Fine, I'll like it too since it's supposed to be a privilege." With that, she turned away, giving a weak smile at me. "Say, do you think that being popular is great? Let me guess, you like me as well as the other guys." I shook my head, half lying.

"No, I don't really like popularity. What's so great about having people drool all over you? I don't see any fun in that. About me liking you," I shifted my gaze away for a bit, only to look back," about that, I don't really know you enough to like you. I, for now, like you as my friend. That's all." She smiled at my answer and turned away to face the front of the class.

"You know, you're a really nice guy. If there were more people like you in this school, it would be heaven." I mentally spazzed at that sentence. She thinks I'm a nice guy? SCORE!

Soon class began, and, as usual, Wooyoung tried to talk to the people around him while I jot down a few notes. Jieun had a mechanical pencil in her grasp and a notebook laid under her hand, but she only wrote a few notes while staring outside. She then started to mumble to herself. I could scarcely hear, but I made out the sentence using the words I did hear and what she was looking at. "It looks like it might rain."

------------

"Yoseob! Yoseob! Yoseob! Yoseob!" Dongwoon chanted while I sat across from him, munching on an apple. He was in a swell mood today. Did he win a lottery?

"What is it?" Junhyung asked before I could, putting his arm around me while chewing on a piece of gum. "Did you ace a test or something?"

"Nope." Hyunseung came over as well, joining in to our conversation.

"Nope what?"

"Hyunnie! Guess why I'm so happy," Dongwoon ordered, causing all of us to groan. Junhyung unwounded his arm around me and grabbed the manake's collar.

"Tell us, or I will literally throw you out of the building stark ," he hissed, probably annoyed already by Dongwoon. This guy is pretty short of patience. The youngest widened his eyes and quickly pried off the grabber's hands.

"Okay, Okay. I'll tell. You know that cute girl Jieun right?" We all nodded, me blushing as I did so. "I heard that she accepted three dates after break, and I'M one of them. Isn't that awesome? She was rejecting every single one that came to her this morning. It's a miracle that I asked her the beginning of break. Oh my god, I don't even know what to do. Should I take her out to a movie, or get her dinner, or..." I didn't listen to him. I couldn't listen to him. She accepted three dates? And, for some reason, one of them had to be my friend?

I slowly trudged away from the group, ignoring their calls for my name as I went back to class. I gazed out the window, watching the sky grow as gloomy as my mood. I sighed to myself. "Luck really likes to go against me huh? It's practically trying to do the opposite of what I want. What a cruel life."

--------------

The whole day was spent in utter gloominess, Jieunie looked at my direction a few times, occasionally whispering to me that I skipped a few notes. She, one the other hand, has written more than what the teacher wrote, and even got them color coded! She was also working on something else, but I didn't bother to ask what. She accepted three dates, she probably has better things to worry about like what outfit she should wear for them. The thought of her carefully choosing an outfit for a date that's not with me is frightening.

Wooyoung was zoning out, not even a single mark on his notebook besides the word 'notes'. He would glance longingly at the clock, probably aching to get out of class. To pass time, he bugged Jieun, nudging her elbow, whispering her name hundreds of times, and throwing bits of paper at her. She would scowl as she dusted away his pieces of paper, and turn around to give me looks messaging me to help her. I ignored her, not because I didn't want to help, but because I felt too gloomy. Besides, the one's that are going on a date with her are in this class. Why does she have to ask me?

It was raining by the time class ended. Jieun rushed out the door, Wooyoung following right behind her as I slowly packed my things and took my time to get out of class. When I got to the front of the school, under the outdoor roof for protection against the water, I noticed Jieun standing in the very front, hesitating to either take a step or stay where she was. I was about to approach her, thinking of walking her to her house, but then... Wooyoung came. He carried an umbrella, in perfect condition, and stood next to her.

"Need help?" Wooyoung said coolly, shoving the umbrella above her head. The girl shyly shook her head as she turned to him.

"No it's alright. I could just-"

"Come on. Do you want to get drenched?" Wooyoung gave he umbrella to her as they both walked together, Jieun's hair becoming a bit wet and Wooyoung's staying completely dry. My frown was pasted on as I watched them slowly fade in the distance, and then gather myself up to walk home. I had an umbrella, but I didn't feel like taking it out.

So, I walked on, getting wetter with every minute I was in the rain. It didn't feel bad though, but it didn't feel good either. I sighed as I saw the couples under their umbrella's and thought of Jieun and Wooyoung under his. It hurt to remember that image. I know, it's just them under an umbrella. They weren't going to do anything right?

What if they were? What if they start growing feelings for each other? Where would that lead me? I'm just a wall flower. It's like all stories in those romance books and movies that my girl classmates watch. The innocent, kind girl falls for a bad boy/ player like Wooyoung. I'll just end up as that other guy who likes her. What's so great about that? What if...

I soon saw a black umbrella heading towards me, and Wooyoung's figure under it. He carried a pissed off look on his face as he pushed past me. "Where's Jieun? Did you drop her off?"

"No," he replied, stopping to turn to me.

"Well, where is she than?" I asked, concern trying not to show in my voice.

"Run off," he said like it was no big deal. "I was asking her about why she accepted three dates and she said that she wanted to follow my advice and get used to being popular. I told her that what she did was stupid and she retorted back saying that's what I told her to do. I , calling her a 'pabo' and I guess I took it too far because she ran off."

"And you didn't bother to chase after her!?!" I yelled, my eyes the size of soccer balls. Seriously? He doesn't even call her.

"Well, yeah. She's not that import-"

"She IS important," I interrupted, glaring at him. He turned around and waved his hand, signaling a departure.

"Well whatever. Say, if you find her, tell her not to run like that again." He walked off while I sprinted in the rain. That cold hearted bastard. You don't leave a girl to run in the rain alone. It goes against nature! I went from our houses to the stores and markets, and back to the school, but couldn't find her anywhere. The last place I could think of was the park, so I slowly walked on.

Once I reached the park, I gazed up at the sky. It was a bit dark, and the rain was pouring down harder. I sneezed, knowing that I caught a cold, but waved it away. Jieun was running through my mind at the moment, and I had to find her. Soon enough, I did. She was sitting, leaning against a light stand. Her face was covered and her sobs were loud. She was as drenched as I am, but she didn't seem like she was catching any colds. I still shouldn't judge that.

Slowly, I neared her. She didn't seem to notice and, if she did, she probably wouldn't have cared. I took off my school jacket, only wearing a vest, shirt, and tie now, and set it over her head. Her sobs stopped for a moment as she sat frozen. I crouched down in front of her and patted her head. Once the crying girl slowly raised her head up, I wiped the tears that were collided with the drops of rain.

I smiled at her while she looked down at the floor, and I started to search through my backpack. Umbrella. Umbrella, I thought to myself, searching for the wanted itemOnce I found it, I glanced back at her. She looked too uncomfortable, trying to hold back her tears. I patted her softly on the head again, getting her attention. When she looked at me, I brought her to a small embrace, patting her back gently.

"You can cry if you want. I won't look." With that sentence to assure her, she cried heavily, pounding on my back. It hurt...a lot, but after she was crying, which took a while, she seemed better. I stood up, helping her, and got my umbrella.

I looked her and the umbrella, proud that I was prepared, and opened it. It then closed back. I opened it again. Close. Open. Close. Open. Close. I heard a small giggle from Jieun as I blushed a little from embarrassment. Then, BAM, I thought of an idea. I opened the umbrella and placed my hand up at the top, keeping it open and turned to her. She stared at me weirdly, probably thinking that I was stupid or something. I laughed nervously as I held both of our bags and the umbrella, and walked with her.

We walked to our houses in silence. It wasn't awkward like yesterday, but it didn't exactly feel as comfortable was well. I put the umbrella more to Jieun's side, getting my hair more wet. She didn't realize until we were two turns there.

"Yoseob? Your arm," she said softly, handling the umbrella evenly. I pushed it back to it's original position and she did the same back. Push to her side. Push straight. Her side. Straight. Her Side. Straight. "Please keep it like that," she pleaded, gazing at me," I don't want you catching a cold." I smiled at her and she smiled back. I was feeling a little woozy, but I didn't want to show it to her.

Once we reached to her house, I handed the umbrella and her bag over to her at the very front of her door. She pushed the umbrella back and told me to keep it, for I still needed to go home and she didn't, but I pushed it back, making an excuse that I liked walking in the rain. She slowly nodded to my answer and waved good bye as I went away from her house, and I waved back as well.

When I reached to my own house, I ignored Kikwang's scolding about coming home late again and plopped down on the couch, feeling terrible. I felt my eyes droop as Kikwang's talk became more and more muffled, as I fell in to darkness.

----------------

Took me three days to complete this chapter. I know that I'm slow. Sorry!

Please Comment and/or Subcribe. Silent readers are starting to slowly kill me. It doesn't hurt to comment does it? So please do!

Thanks in Advance ^^