EXO-M's Kris // To Make a Wish Come True

-- Moments Undefined [Oneshot Series]

Wish  O n e .

 

"Hyeri, are you sure you don't want to head back home? You look like you're about to kneel over any second now."

 

You shook your head vehemently, teeth chattering slightly as you spoke. "N-No way! At least, not right now! We c-came here to see the shooting s-s-star, remember? This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and I'm not about to let it g-g-go so easily!"

 

Kris gave a resigned sigh, reaching up his slim fingers to unravel his knitted scarf. He ignored your protests as he wrapped it snuggly around the exposed area of your neck. "I'd much rather have you in good health at home, missing out on that once-in-a-lifetime chance, than waiting out here in the cold for some space debris to fly by." He looped the muffler one last time and tied it for good measure, proceeding to wrap his long arms around your body for extra warmth. "Besides, don't you know about the storm later on? They said how there's gonna be a pretty bad one tonight- wind, rain, thunder, the works. Didn't you hear the weather forecast this morning?"

 

Already warming up from the heat of your boyfriend's embrace, you snorted at the irony of his words (God knew how inaccurate and totally off-the-mark the weatherman was most of the time), but was ignored by the taller male. He squinted at the inky sky above and nudged the top of your head with his chin. "Look, I think I even see some clouds rolling in." Indeed, cotton candy-like wisps had started to form in the far distance, swirling about dangerously amongst one another. They gave off a rather ominous feeling, promising chaos and mass destruction to everything in its sight.

 

You, however, gave an airy wave of the hand at the menancing sky. "Don't worry about those tiny things! They'll probably pass over in five minutes or so. Anyways, forget about the storm, Kris! Focus on the shooting star instead, the shooting star!" You wiggled out of his hold and hopped excitedly from foot to foot.

 

Kris gave you a dumbfounded expression. He wasn't sure if he should've felt amazed or exasperated at your resolve to see the meteorite, even in the face of a fast-approaching storm. 'This girl... What do I do with her?' Clearing his throat, he tried once more to persuade your stubborn self.

 

"Hyeri, those clouds look like they won't be clearing up anytime soon. I don't think the forecast was wrong this time, even if you say-" You paused from bouncing on your feet to make a face at him.

 

"Don't tell me you actually believe what the weatherman says! Nothing he ever says comes true- remember that time he told us it was going to snow twenty inches on a July day? The temperature never went below 20! Trust me," you went back to prancing around, "We'll be fine. Just sit back and wait for the magic of the meteor to arrive!"

 

Just as Kris opened his mouth to respond to your optimism, he was interrupted a second time by a startlingly loud, familiar noise in the distance.

 

Boom!

 

An ear-splitting crack shook the heavens, its thunderous cry echoing in every direction possible. Raindrops started to fall from the sky; first as a soft, mist-like drizzle, then quickly turning into a heavy downpour. Through the pittering of the tiny droplets, you could see Kris his head and raise an eyebrow at you. In a matter of seconds, his clothes had gotten drenched all the way through and his hair was soaked, flattened by the relentless pounding of the rain. 'There goes a really good hair day...'

 

"I told you so," he sighed, water running down the course of his smooth skin. You stuck your tongue out at him, scowling at the sky that would not be givng you the meteor show you had so anticipated.

 

"That dumb weatherman owes me a star."

 

-------------

 

Wish  T w o .

 

"Two minutes and twelve seconds... Two minutes and eleven seconds... Ten seconds..."

 

The alarm clock on the nightstand glowed at you in the dark, its block-shaped characters flashing in their LED light. Lying with your back facing your boyfriend, you kept careful track of the time under your breath, not wanting to wake the sleeping angel from his slumber.

 

"Five seconds... Four seconds... Almost two minutes left..." 'Argh, why can't the time pass by any quicker? At this rate, I'm going to fall asleep waiting for it to change! Again!'

 

Too focused on your time-keeping, you didn't notice when the sleeping body next to yours shifted slightly, stirred awake by the sound of your hushed whispers in the otherwise silent room.

 

"Hyeri...?" Oops. Guess you hadn't been as quiet as you'd thought.

 

"Hey... What are you doing right now?" Kris mumbled tiredly, automatically reaching for you. It was only when he his side to hug you that he realized you were facing away from him, looking instead at the alarm clock. Wondering what was keeping you from falling into a sweet dreamland with him, Kris s his arms around your torso and buried his face in your hair. You tried not to let his gentle touch or the hot puffs of his breath distract you from your counting.

 

You wiggled beneath the sleepy man. "Give me two more minutes, and I'll go back to sleep with you." Now a bit more awakened from his tired state, Kris grinned in your hair as a sudden, rather mischievous thought struck him.

 

"No." was all he said, before firmly grasping your waist and rolling you on your other side. "Sleep with me now, Hyeri." The twenty-plus year old male pouted with the air of a child, then nuzzled your flushed cheek with his nose. You were now wrapped tightly in the possessive arms of your boyfriend, who was clearly in the mood to cuddle that night, while facing away from the alarm clock with no other way to tell time.

 

"Kris!" You immediately struggled against his hold, but alas, resistance was futile. Your squirms and twists were no match for his surprising strength (the slender male didn't look like it, but he was actually quite strong for a person of his build). It went on like this for a few moments longer- you would try to wrestle your way back to the clock's view while Kris simply held you in place, tickling you every now and then in your sensitive spots.

 

Finally, you surrendered and collapsed next to the smirking male.

 

"Okay! Okay, you win! K-Kris! Stop tickling me!" you begged, and wiped away the tears that had appeared from laughing so hard. Kris went back to nuzzling your hair with a victorious grin, inhaling the sweet scent that he knew and loved so much.

 

"I knew you couldn't resist me. Now come on, it's getting pretty late- we both have busy days tomorrow. Stop looking at the time and get a good night's sleep, okay?"

 

At the mention of the word time, you quickly sobered up and whipped your head towards the clock. 11:12PM, it leered at you silently. It almost seemed to mock you with its bright red numbers, reminding you of what you'd let slip by a minute ago.

 

"Kris! You just made me miss 11:11!"

 

"... Sorry. But does this mean we can get some sleep now?"

 

------------

 

Wish  T h r e e .

 

"Err, Hyeri? What are you doing?" A curious Kris stood by the entrance of the living room, leaning against the doorway with furrowed brows. He took in the sight of you sitting cross-legged at the table; your shoulders were hunched and your fingers were folding a blue piece of origami paper. Or at least, they were trying to. Your slender digits, not quite used to creasing such delicate paper, fumbled with the square sheet in an awkward manner. Kris pushed off the door frame and walked over to where you were, plopping down next to you with an intrigued look on his face.

 

"What are you up to now?" Kris leaned forward to get a better look as he tried to figure out what shape you were making. You held up a hasty finger in his direction, giving him a quick "Wait a second!", before returning to your vigorous folding. The golden-haired male patiently sat out the wait. An affectionate smile curved his lips upwards as he observed your clumsy actions.

 

'Hyeri... She can be such a kid sometimes, but I guess that's what makes her so cute.'

 

"Done!" You blew the hair out of your eyes and grinned from ear-to-ear, grandly waving your masterpiece in front of your companion's face. He chuckled at your enthusiasm before catching hold of your wrist to see your artwork in better detail. Beaming, you proudly displayed the fruit of your labour with a flourish. "Well? What do you think?" You looked at him in expectance.

 

Kris eyed it for a moment, then turned back to you with a solemn look.

 

"I think," he said seriously, yet there was a hint of playfulness tugging at the corner of his mouth, "This is the most beautiful potato origami I've ever seen in my life." You gave him a slight glare and snatched your hand back to examine your work.

 

"I'll have you know that this is probably the best out of my other attempts." Shooting him another indignant look, you puffed out your cheeks and noisily blew the air back out. "And for your information, I was trying to make a crane, not a spud. You potato-head."

 

Kris chuckled. You were so adorable at times, he just couldn't help but tease you like this. He watched again as you shook your head sadly at your bird-deemed-vegetable shape, then threw it in the trash can to join your other origami deviants. "Why are you suddenly making cranes, anyways? I thought you told me that the steps-" he glanced back to where the garbage bin was overflowing with your mistakes, "... confused you too much."

 

You grabbed a fresh sheet of paper and started folding it into a smaller square. "It does, but I have to get used to it. I can't be clueless about this if I want to make 1000 of these things." You glanced up and smiled at his very much surprised expression. "Before you ask, yes, I'm making a thousand, and no, you can't help. I heard that if you manage to make 1000 paper cranes by yourself, you can have any wish of yours granted."

 

"Are you sure you can handle a thousand?" Kris wanted to ask you, but you had already turned back to your paper at hand, brows knitting together in a look of utmost concentration.

 

"Now, how did this part go again? Do I fold it here, under the flap, or keep it where it is until later...?"

 

There was no stopping you when you got like this. Kris ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh. It looked like this would be quite the challenge for you. Would you be able to go through with it and actually make the expected thousand cranes? Would you be able to make it to a hundred? (But even if you managed to reach a thousand, would your, er, creations be able to pass as cranes and not deformed basketballs?) He decided that he would just leave you be for now, and make you stop later once you got really tired.

 

Kris stood up from the table, figuring that he should at least get a drink for you. All that folding looked like pretty exhausting work. "I'll be back soon, I'm just going to get something to drink," he told you.

 

You nodded vaguely in his direction. "Yeah, you do that. Oh, maybe the ends fold in together like this! I should keep tabs on that edge so I don't accidentally rip it... Ripping would be bad..." you muttered, quickly forgetting about the other person in the room.

 

Kris could only smile as he made his way out of the room.

 

----------

 

The fair-haired male entered the living room once more, this time with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. He made his way to where you were, now dozing quietly with your head on the table. Kris set down the mug and looked at the mess of paper surrounding you. He had to admit, he was impressed with the amount of cranes you'd managed to create (and make resemble the elegant, long-necked birds) in such a short amount of time.

 

"You never cease to amaze me..." He reached out a gentle hand to your hair. Taking another look at the origami cranes before him, Kris chuckled softly at their lopsided wings. Their motionless forms and the image of your concentrated face brought to mind another memory of his, one of a conversation he'd had with you when he'd asked why you were so into wishes all of a sudden.

 

"Because! There's something that I absolutely have to get, no matter what the price or time it'll take. It doesn't matter how many shooting stars I have to wait for, how many 11:11's I have to count down to, or how many paper cranes I have to fold. I'll do all of that and more, if it means making my wish come true."

 

"And what, exactly, is this 'something' that you're going crazy over wishes for?" Kris asked. He felt burning curiosity at whatever was driving you to work so hard to make your wish come true.

 

A smile started to grow on your lips as you answered the man you loved most in a soft voice.

 

"Your happiness, of course."

 

Kris leaned forward and brushed a stray lock of hair off your face. Unconsciously, you turned your head slightly at the ticklish feeling, mumbling something he couldn't quite make out in your sleep. He waited until you settled down again before bringing his face closer to yours, brushing his lips against your cheek in a sweet, lingering kiss.

 

'Silly girl. Being with you is all the happiness I need.'

 


 

[A/N] Holy crap, why did that take so long to post ;;--;; I swear I meant to have it out on the same day I posted the foreword D8

But whatever, it's out now  XD I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! The first oneshot had to go to Kris, because quite frankly, EXO-M's y leader has been dominating my mind 24/7 for the past few weeks <3 (AND STILL IS ;;w;;)

For the next one, I'm thinking of a little Infinite~? ;3