- - c h a p t e r 0 9 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    0   9  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Lightning cracked above his head before thunder boomed all around. Rain drizzled over him as he scurried to take cover. Suho packed his gardening tools into his bag as quickly as he could. The droplets of rain grew heavier and soon it was blurring his vision. He wiped his face with the back of his hands as water streamed down from the tips of his hair and off the tip of his nose. Suddenly, the rain stopped pouring over him but elsewhere. Puzzled, he looked up to see Jongin sheltering them with his windbreaker.

"Thank you." Suho smiled as he chucked all the equipments in the bag.

"You're welcome. Come on." Jongin kept the windbreaker over their heads as they rushed into the safety of the green house where the more fragile plants were protected. "You're all wet. Take it off. You might get sick if you keep wearing that."

Suho raised an eyebrow. "But I don't have a spare t-shirt right now."

Jongin lifted the hem of his school shirt and started ing. He didn't seem to notice that Suho's eyes had grown wide with shock. When the shirt was passed over to Suho, he couldn't help but admire how nicely toned the other boy was. It was such an unexpected surprise that he couldn't bring himself to take his eyes off the tanned torso.

"Hey, stop looking at me like that." Jongin felt his face heated with embarassment. Sure, he knew he didn't look that bad in the looks department but to have someone study him that seriously made him feel like covering up. 

Suho blinked twice before looking down at his feet in embarassment. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

His eyes travelled down Suho's body where the wet school tee was plastered to him like a second skin. Jongin couldn't stop his eyes from taking it all in, from the slim waist, to the curve of his rear. Gosh, the boy had some serious S-line that girls would die for. As discreetly as possible, he watched the other boy pull the t-shirt off, revealing a very pale lightly toned torso. Rivulets of water cascaded down his abs before disappearing into the dress pants. Images of where it travelled assaulted his mind and he groaned. Jongin slapped himself mentally.

Suho eyes shot up, studying Jongin curiously. "Hmm?"

"Nothing." Jongin shook his head. Suho shrugged into the shirt, a faint scent of perfume filled his senses. The warm shirt offered him some warmth as his body shivered from  the cold.

After he shrugged into the windbreaker shirtless, he pulled Suho into his arms. "Just until you're warm enough." Jongin heard himself saying, but secretly, he knew it was just an excuse to hug his Snow White.

Warmth enveloped him. Suho felt like purring in comfort but he stopped himself from making weird noises. The heat was welcomed and it made him want to just fall asleep. As he laid his head over the other boy's chest, he heard the heart beating loud and clear. And fast.

Having in his arms felt so right, he was begining to feel uncomfortably nervous. His heart skipped a beat when Suho turned up to look at him. Jongin forced a smile when all he wanted to do was bend down and taste those lips.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol waved at his best friend as he entered their dorm room, who was hovering over his opened book with a highlighter in hand. A pink hair clip pinned up his fringe. The boy looked up from his books, eyebrows raised up to his hairline.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing here? I thought you had somewhere to go?" Baekhyun slipped off the chair to stretch his back.

"Yeah, I went to fetch my date." Chanyeol grinned from ear-to-ear. He pulled in a girl with fair, pale skin and long straight hair with short bangs covering her forehead. Baekhyun thought she looked sraight out of a Barbie box, but with jet black hair instead.

"Who's she?" 

"This is Yumi. Yumi, this is my roommate and best friend, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun was reluctant to shake hands with her, but he still did for Chanyeol. He didn't want his best friend thinking that he disliked her or anything. Here, he thought he would have a peaceful time with Chanyeol but the latter just had to introduce to him this girl which he hated for the fact that, one, she's female, and two, she gets to be with Chanyeol in a way that he never could. So, he secretly threw all kind of insults he could think of in his head whilst keeping a smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you. You guys going out?" Baekhyun prayed they were because he couldn't bear looking at them getting all coupley. His heart couldn't bear to even look at their smiling faces.

"Yeah, I was here just to get my keys. See you later, buddy." Chanyeol slapped his back as he hopped out together with the girl.

Baekhyun half-smiled. He was about to go back to his work when the girl looked over her shoulders and gave him the infamous he's-mine glare. Whatever.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Water splashed as he walked down the path to his porch. Luhan retrieved the mailbox, noticing several of it attention to his paper bin. All the envelops were in white except for one gold coloured envelope addressed to him, which was intrigueing. He barely gotten any mails adressed to him, so for this special one to be sent to him, it must be something. Luhan unlocked his front door and shut it with his heel. he opened up the umbrella to let it air dry. Usually he would have Jongin over, but the latter had something on, so he only have himself to entertain.

Peelling the envelop with careful hands, Luhan pulled out the gold card. A pleasant peony scent wafted through his nostrils. He flipped it open and read.

 

The pleasure of your company is requested at the marriage uniting

Do Kyungsoo

and

Lee Kris 

Sunday, the ninth of December

two thousand twelve

at half past six o'clock in the evening

 

Luhan read the address and threw it onto the coffee table. The fact that is was a same- marriage didn't seem to faze him. But the fact that the whole family would be present, including their father and the woman that ruined his family, ticked him to no end. He wasn't sure if he was ready to see his father for the first time in many years. Without his mother around, he hoped he was strong enough to face it. Head on.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Thanks to this, I had to actually do some research on wedding stuff... yikes... :D  I chose dec 9 coz after much calculation, it's the perfect date, in between Kris & Kyungsoo's birthday :P