- - c h a p t e r 2 0 - -

Exo High

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h    2   0  - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Luhan dried his hands on the hand towel and rushed towards the door. "Yeah, I'm coming!"

The moment the door flung opened, he noticed the big bouquet of flowers in Sehun's arm. A mix of red, yellow, violet and white. Breathtakingly beautiful. But a stab of pain punched through his gut. This was for Kyungsoo. Not him. If only Sehun would look at him that way. But that was just impossible.

"I bet Kyungsoo will love this." Luhan tried to hide his bitterness as much as possible with a smile on his face.

Sehun blinked in surprise. Then his cheeks reddened. "No, these are for you."

"M-Me?"  Was he hearing this correctly? Sehun bought it for him? Really? That can't be...

"Yes." Sehun whispered sheepishly. "A beautiful bouquet for a beautiful boy." Then he placed the bouquet in Luhan's open arms. "I have to go... things to do..." And he turned away, almost running away, like a school boy nursing a crush.

It was the cutest thing ever. Luhan couldn't help the grin on his face. He placed the bouquet on the floor and ran after the shy boy. Holding the boy by his arms, Luhan spun him around to face him. No confessions needed. Luhan didn't need words. He simply understood the implication.

"Thank you." Luhan pulled the taller boy's head down by the nap, planting a kiss on his slightly parted lips. 

Suddenly, it all felt right.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

The students roaming below didn't bother him. But what bothered him was the boy that had stepped out of the polished luxury car in black. Dark blondish hair swept back in a neat style yet not rigid enough that the wind could gently  give it a slight wind-blown appearance. Jongin thought it wasn't the first time he had seen that boy, whom he recognised now as Suho's boyfriend, alighting from that car. If he remembered correctly, the raven-haired boy that alighted after him was the super rich kid, Kyungsoo.

And from what he knew, Kyungsoo's an only child, which means Kris can't possibly be related. If maybe indeed they were family, how come he'd never seen them going to school together before? The school president and the freshman... puzzling, really.

What the hell were they doing together... every morning? Did Suho know about this? Maybe, he should just keep observing first for now.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Kris had decided to walk home today. A breath of fresh air from the usual ride by car home. It had been awhile since the last time he was able to take a leisurely stroll down the street, alone. Glasses gleamed along the stretch of the street as he passed by one shop after another, taking his time to enjoy the displays. From cupcakes at the bakery to the bizarre display of horrible fashion which would make the fashion police cry in anguish, Kris thought they were all an interesting face in this street that would be filled with teenagers during the weekends. 

A jewellery store made him stop in his track. In the display glass was a white gold chain with an apple pendant that was too beautiful for words. This would look amazing on either Suho or Kyungsoo. After much pondering, Kris stepped into the store, suddenly aware of the eyes on him. The cold within didn't help to evaporate the sweat that had formed at his back fast enough.

"Welcome! Is there anything particular you're looking for, sir?" The young lady from behind the multiple glass displays spoke with a tilt in her accent which told him she wasn't from around here.

"Can I have look at that?"

She smiled widely, showing straight white teeth. "Sure, have a seat please."  Her name tag read, Tiffany. "This is our new arrival. Would look lovely on whoever the wearer is. Is it a gift?"

"Yes." Kris tried not to blush from under her curious gaze. He couldn't tell her that it was a gift for someone who deserved much more and this was just a token of... appreciation.

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

"What is this?" Kyungsoo asked curiously as he watched Kris unchain the bright silver chain. It was so fine, it looked rather fragile. A pendant, the shape of apple rested in the middle. It glinted under the overhead light.

Kris shrugged. "A friend of mine bought it for me but I can't possibly wear it. It looks too gentle on me. But I think it suits you fine. Come here," He waited until Kyungsoo had leaned in. "Let me put this on for you."

"I can put it on myself."

"Let me, please." Kris frowned slightly. It made Kyungsoo gave in to the other boy. Guess it didn't hurt to have his husband put it on for him.

Something was bit different with him today. The usually unsmiling Kris was suddenly slowly cracking, giving glimpse of that real person beneath which Kyungsoo would love to see. Time is of the essence, as the saying goes. He would patiently wait for that real Kris to appear before him, but till then, he will just soothe this troubled husband of his.

A part of him wondered if Kris would finally let him into his heart. That was too much to ask for, right? One could still hope, right? As he was lost in thought, he almost forgot that his husband was putting the necklace on. Warm fingertips touched his nape, causing him to shiver involuntarily. His breath caught in his throat as warm breath caressed his ear.

"There you go." Kris whispered. Something soft touched his ear shell. It was too quick for it to register in his mind if the kiss really happened, or just a figment of his imagination.

"Thank you." Kyungsoo touched the cold chain, now hanging around his neck with the pendant resting just slightly below his collarbone.

Kris pulled away, as he studied the other's profile. The necklace really was flattering on Kyungsoo. A soft smile curved over those full lips. It made his heart flipped. And butterflies swimming in his stomach. Their eyes connected and a window to their soul just opened up. Kris' eyes dropped to those lips again. Then back up to get himself lost in the pools of blackness of Kyungsoo's dark pupils.

Too nice. Kyungsoo was too nice, he realised. If only he wasn't stuck in this arrangement, then they would probably have been friends. A picture of Kyungsoo with someone else, holding hands with a wide smile, caused his heart to clench tightly. Why does it hurt, he asked himself. 

 

- - - - - - - - - -   e   x   o    h   i   g   h   - - - - - - - - - -

 

Another update for my lovely followers... ahh... comments would be nice as always.. I know double updates today OTL *faints*