Twinkie Haven

Korean Idols and Pokemon Costume-Wearing Girls [DISCONTINUED]

 

I stared long and hard at the three girls in the black SUV.

The hyper one with the long wavy brown hair and green eyes whose name was Himori Ayuunie was practically staring holes into Jeongmin’s face. Jeongmin, being the oblivious idiot he is, had interpreted her stares as a beginning of the oh-so-famous Staring Game. I’m pretty sure he’s faltering; Ayuunie’s eyes just scream “”.

The twin girls were huddled up together. Well, the one with the blue costume, Arielle Moon-something, made it sure that her sister in the Pikachu costume, Arielle Snowdrop, I think, was kept away from Kwangmin. Moon-something was actually growling like a mother lioness. And for some reason I don’t know of, Snow was red as a tomato.

Kwangmin had a bored look on his face. He’s a pretty observant person so he was probably just ignoring the daggers being glared at him. Youngmin… judging from that ‘look’ in his eyes, I’ll just skip him. Minwoo, on the other hand, was ignoring the current situation completely as he was eating some porridge God knows where he got it from. Hyunseong, the second eldest in the group, was doing what he does best; NOT HELPING.

My eyebrow twitched in irritation, replaying the scene that morning I woke up.


“What happened?” I screamed, slamming my bedroom door open.

I was greeted with Youngmin and Kwangmin quarrelling with each other while a Pikachu(?) was wedged in between them. And was that a girl clinging to Jeongmin’s chest? Jeongmin was doing twice the hollering as he told the twins’ to stop their bickering, and at the girl clinging to him like he was the last piece of Twinkie to stop clinging so hard. Minwoo was playing Rock, Paper, and Scissors with ANOTHER girl in some other costume (and winning).

Twinkies… I thought, drooling and getting off topic. The sound of a door to my front clicking open dragged my mind out of Twinkie Haven (yes, there is such a thing as ‘Twinkie Haven’).

Hyunseong just took a few steps out of his hurricane of a bedroom before getting back in. The last words I heard him say were; “Never mind, I’ll just use the window.”


You have to say something, a part of my brain chided.

“OK, STOP IT,” I bellowed. Seven confused faces glanced in my direction; Jeongmin was too busy congratulating himself on his ‘victory’. “Drop whatever you’re doing,” I instructed.

Minwoo then dropped the porridge he was eating. Thank goodness’ the idiot who gave him the porridge placed it in a plastic Tupperware.

“Hey, I was the one who gave him that!” Moon-something suddenly said.

I gave her a look. “You can read minds?” I questioned her. She didn’t respond; she just played with the buttoned T-shirt she was wearing which was actually Minwoo’s.

Since we couldn’t trust the girls staying in our dorm, alone with no supervision whatsoever (they might be burglars! Putting aside the fact that Snow’s eyes could get away with bloody murder), we had to bring them along with us on our last schedule before our freedom. And since the clothes they came with would stand out too much, we had to give them our clothes. So the sleeves were hanging off their hands, not mention the fact that the clothes on them looked as baggy as Hell.

I glared at her and opened my mouth to talk some more, but Kwangmin (the more sensible, rational, and non-erted twin) interrupted – gladly. “You can’t just poof up out of nowhere and claim that we’re your masters,” he said.

“Right on, Kwangmin-dongsaeng!” I cheered him on.

“Uh, we just did,” Moon-something retorted.

Kwangmin smirked at her response. “If so, tell us everything. About you, your twin, the clingy one...”

“Yeah, Moon-something, tell us,” I said, trying to take some charge of the situation here.

She glared. “IT’S MOONFLOWER. ARIELL MOONFLOWER, YOU DUMB HUMAN.”

“What’d you say?!”

“Y-you could s-s-say w-we come from abo-above,” Snow squeaked, fingers playing with themselves.

“Abwof?” Minwoo murmured a spoon in his mouth.

Jeongmin stopped whatever he was doing to observe the shy girl. “You’re joking.”

Youngmin winked and grinned. “The fall from up there must’ve hurt your wings,” he flirted.

“Hyung…” Kwangmin rolled his eyes.

Hyunseong leaned forward, his curiosity peaked. “Can you tell us more?” he asked her.

“Not so close to her!” Moonflower shouted.

“O-okay.”

Ayuunie grabbed Snow’s hands into hers. “We were trained since little to be brought down to Earth to serve certain human beings,” she piped with glee.

Kwangmin quirked an eyebrow. “You’re not from here?”

“You’re… ALIENS?!” Youngmin and Minwoo exclaimed.

I face-palmed. “Idiots…”


“No, idiots,” I said. “We hail from ‘up above’.”

Jeongmin, Ayuunie’s self-claimed soul mate and master, folded his arms. “Oh, THAT explains EVERYTHING,” he said, sarcastically.

“It’s complicated,” I shot back.

Kwangmin turned to my sister since I was practically glaring down his neck. “Can you tell us some more about yourselves and this… ‘up above’?”

“Well… we – we are c-c-called Leeratone from up there,” Snowdrop stuttered, avoiding Kwangmin’s gaze. “We-we’re not allowed to tell you m-much but w-w-we can answer so-some of your – your questions.”

“Why do you stutter too much?” Youngmin asked cheekily. That earned him a hit from everyone in the car excluding Snow of course. “Ow!” he yelped, rubbing his bruised shoulder. “Can’t you people take a joke?”

“Are there others –?” Hyunseong started.

Minwoo interrupted him. “Do you have any super powers?!” he shouted, eyes wide as saucers. “Answer my question,” Minwoo added when silence greeted his question, flailing his arms around and unconsciously pouting.

Ayuunie and I exchanged looks with each other. She was more than eager to share everything with her beloved Lee Jeongmin and his gang of hoodlums. I was slightly against it. Not all Leeratone end up living forever with their masters, most of our people get flown back to ‘up above’. In fact, when a Leeratone has already done her service… I don’t even want to think about it. So I don’t really want to get too close with any of them – especially No Minwoo.

“It’s a bit ra-rare but there is some L-Leeratone who is born with gifts,” Snow suddenly spoke up. “For instance, M-Moonflower-unnie can read people’s minds.”

Ayuunie then found it the right time to open her motor of a mouth. “And the adorable part is that she can’t read her lo –”

I clamped shut just in time. “Don’t tell them ‘that’!” I didn’t need anyone else to know about my problem. I think its full-on embarrassing. Some people may think it’s cute and adorable, like K-will-ahjussi (that man is sometimes a bit gay…) and my seniors, but I think it’s a disadvantage and weakness.

“Tell them w-what? That – that you c-can’t read the m-mind of th-the p-p-person you li-like?” Snow stammered. I didn’t have the heart to scold her so I just sank into the moving contraption’s leather seat, wallowing myself in self-pity.

I didn’t have to read Snowdrop’s mind to tell that she was worried that I was mad at her. “No, I’m not,” I said coldly, burying my face even further into the pillow that was conveniently placed in the Boyfriend members’ van indicating that I didn’t want to talk anymore.

“Awesome,” I heard Minwoo say in awe. I managed a smile in his direction. He just reminded me of Snow so much, that I was starting to like him – in a mutual, platonic way. I’m not the type of girl who takes advantage of ukes like him.

Youngmin tapped my shoulder. I turned to face him and scowled. “Do you know what I’m thinking right now?” he asked me flirtatiously. No doubt he was thinking in that overly dirty mind of his that every girl he comes across is interested in him. But gladly he was thinking of strawberry .

“ert,” and I said nothing more.

Youngmin pointed an accusing finger at me, obviously offended (even though he’s probably been called that a gazillion times). “That doesn’t prove anything!”

Donghyun, who’s been too quiet lately, finally spoke up. “He’s right,” he concluded.

I raised an eyebrow and pointed north. “Look, Twinkie,” I said.

Donghyun immediately sprang up from his seat, his eyes darting in every direction possible. “Oh, my God! Where? Where? Whe –” he was cut short as he hit himself on the head with the ceiling.

I smirked at him as he fumed. “I stand corrected.”

“I have x-ray vision!” Ayuunie squealed suddenly, staring at Jeongmin especially hard. Jeongmin, suddenly being self-conscious, started covering himself with his hands and a reluctant Hyunseong.

“N-no, y-you’re n-n-not, Ayuunie-unnie,” Snow said, ruining her fun. That’s my girl, I thought proudly. “Ayuunie’s dreams u-usually have a certain meaning behind t-them.”

“In other words, I guess you could say that I predict the future,” Ayuunie grinned.

Kwangmin nodded. He looked pretty calm and collected taking this all in. “What about you? Inhumane strength?”

Snowy shook her head before answering. “I h-h-have ‘intuitive a-aptitude’.”

Silence.

“… You idiots don’t know what that means do you?” I questioned them. I was answered with blank faces. I mentally face-palmed. “It means that she’s far smarter than the average Leeratone,” I explained as simply as I can.

Ayuunie nodded eagerly and wrapped an arm around Snow’s neck. “She picks up thing as fast as lightning! Once, she even picked up on how to wear lingerie,” Ayuunie reminisced, smiling cheekily at the memory. I winced; it wasn’t something that I’d like to repeat.

“D-d-don’t tell them t-that,” Snowdrop whined, tugging on her bangs.

I noticed that Youngmin’s face was screaming curiosity. Not to mention the fact that Minwoo was as red as a tomato and clutching on the irritated twin brunette. I didn’t really know why he was blushing. I could’ve peaked into his brain of lollipops and bad- kindergarteners, but I dislike invading other people’s privacy. So I tried changing the subject. “By the way, where are we going, Donghyun?” I asked, turning to aforementioned man.

“What? No honorific for the leader?” he commented, frowning playfully.

I glowered laser eyes at him.

“W-what’s ‘DongWoo’?” my sister asked suddenly, staring intently out of the window. Ayuunie and I stared out of the window to find huge crowds of girls (and, surprisingly, guys) holding banners and posters that say; “WE LOVE BOYFRIEND” and “Boyfriend, Saranghae~”. Snowdrop had read one banner that said; “DongWoo 4-Ever”.

“Yeah, what is this ‘DongWoo’?” Ayuunie repeated, curious.


 

I blushed bright red at the mention of ‘DongWoo’.

The other guys’ eyes had a mischievous glint in them. Oh my God, No Minwoo, think of something! Stupid Dounghyun-hyung is too fascinated by that Twinkie banner, I thought irritatedly to myself.

As soon as Kwangmin-ah opened his mouth, I hurtled myself to his body, startling Snowy-ah a bit (the others were a bit slow in responding). “Oh, lookie, we’re here~” I said loudly in fake anticipation, managing to distract the girls’ attention away from us even though the SUV was still moving. But they are, like, aliens or something, right? So I’m sure they know nada about cars. Then I added in a lower tone so that Kwangmin could hear me. “You do that again and I swear I will –”

But I was cut off by the sound of the SUV door opening and a horde of girls screaming their little heads off. I could’ve sworn that their screaming got even louder when they saw Kwangmin and I tumbled on the floor together with our lips only inches apart. But I think it was just Ayuunie joining in on the screaming. I’m sometimes surprised that the lot of us are still able to hear after all those stadiums of screaming so-called ‘ladies’.

I can see it now; Boyfriend Members Jo Kwangmin and No Minwoo Fearlessly Showing Love in Public. As good-looking as Kwangmin is and as good-looking as I am (though most people say I look ‘innocent’ and ‘cute’, they’re just jealous of my masculinity), I am NOT gay. I’m as straight as the next straightest thing. And that article would totally be wrong! It was in the SUV, not by the fire hydrant or something.

Just when I thought that things couldn’t get any worse, the crowds began chanting; “KWANGWOO, KWANGWOO, KWANGWOO.”

I immediately got off a glaring Kwangmin. Kwangmin sat up slowly and growled intimidatingly at me, making me whimper and hide behind Donghyun-hyung. He then put on a fake charming smile as he waved to the crowd goodbye, sliding the van door close.

As the screamings of the crowd considerably died down, Jeongmin, Youngmin and Hyunseong began laughing hysterically, slapping each other high-fives. Dounghyun was chuckling heartily to himself, ruffling me on the head. I pouted. Kwangmin just growled again and placed himself in the emo corner.

“Oh! D-DongWoo is a c-c-combination of D-Donghyun and Minwoo’s na-names,” Snowy stuttered. I have to say, she stutters too much. I wonder if she ever got bullied because of it…

“You weren’t s’posed to know that!” I whined, frowning.

Snowy continued though. “Then ‘KwangWoo’ is…” she drifted off, patting Kwangmin’s shoulder a bit awkwardly. Kwangmin returned her kindness with a smile that turned her red.

“Are we there yet? I need to pee…” Ayuunie complained, once again seen clinging to Jeongmin.

Jeongmin tried shaking her off, but that girl’s obviously part leech. Well how do you explain her clinginess?

“Almost,” Donghyun answered, settling back down in his seat.

Hyunseong yawned widely and stretched his arms. “I think I’m going to take a nap before that interview, arrange my thoughts carefully.”

Youngmin was busy typing on his i-Phone.

I peeked out of the car window. The crowd of girls had now faded into a light drizzle. And there was a huge jam of traffic. It’s going to be a looong ride to the studio, I mentally groaned.

I turned to Moonflower, who was looking out of the window tired, eyes nearly losing. I gazed long and hard at her. She was really a beauty, the same goes for Snow of course. Her eyes were sharp unlike Snow’s and, so far, I’ve only seen her either frowning or scowling. But that just made it all the more beautiful when she smiled at me just now.  I smiled, reflecting my thoughts, and tapped her on the shoulder. “Wanna play thumb wars?”