11

Precious

"Good morning, angel" 

Rara awoke from her deep sleep as she felt the presence of someone her hair. She struggled to open her eyes, wanting to see who was making her feel warm and comfortable. 

"Who... who are..." Before she could finish, the voice hushed her. 

"Go back to sleep. I know you're still tired. I'm right here, don't worry." 

"Ch... Chen... is that you?!"

There was no answer. Suddenly, the hand stopped her hair, and she can feel the person moving away from her. The comfort she felt just moments ago was quickly replaced with loneliness, knowing that the presence was no there. Unable to accept his departure, Rara tried to open her eyes once again but just like the last time, failed. Although she couldn't see, she knew he was moving farther and farther away from her, bringing even more despair to her heart. 

"Please.... Chen don't go, please... Please don't.... NOOO"

Rara wake up from her dream. She breathed heavily, heartbeat quick and eyes swollen from the tears in her sleep. She found herself in her own room, in her own house. It had been two days since she left Chen, and two days that she had been the most confused in her life. She was the one who wanted a divorce, but since their separation she realized she couldn't live without him. Now, he haunted her in her dreams.

She rose from her bed and walked towards her window facing the street. She opened the curtain, welcoming the bright rays of sun that lit her room, and found someone sitting in front of her house. She could barely make out the features of the stranger clad in black, his matching baseball cap the only indication that he was a male. From the way his head lazily bowed over his knees, it looked like he fell asleep.

Rara shouted for her parents as she rushed down the stairs, but realized that the house was empty. She walked to the kitchen and found new sticky notes on the refrigerator door. "Eomma and Appa went to Ajumma's house," it said. "There's cold ramen in the fridge if you're hungry. Take care."

"Huh. I'm alone," she thought aloud as she removed the sticky notes and threw them into the trash can. Remembering that there was still someone outside, she hurried to the front gate, where she found the unmoving body in the same position she first saw it in. "Excuse me. Hello?" Rara gently poked him. After a few moments without a response, she pushed him softly, causing the still body to tip over and fall. 

"Oh my God!"

Rara hurriedly open the gate and grabbed hold of him. "Hey wake up! Are you alright?!" As she gently shook him, the cap resting on his hair fell off, revealing thick black hair and the face of her husband. She looked at him in shock as he slowly came to.

"Chen what happened to you? What are you doing here? Did my parents see you?" 

Chen slowly opened his eyes and smiled. "No, I sat here after they left," he said as he took in the beauty of his wife. "I've missed you."

"Ergh, are you drunk? Are you insane? What if your fans sees you?!"

"I don't care, I wanted to see your face."

Chen held her face and pulled it closer to his own, his eyes on her plump lips. Before he could kiss them, he passed out.

"Yahh, Chen, wake up! How am I supposed to bring you inside?!"

 

***

Rara laid Chen on the couch, covered in sweat from dragging him into her home by herself. "Even in the time like this, you're still annoying." She rose from the floor and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and a cup of hot milk for her husband. She realized she hadn't done this in a long time. Chen used to always eat breakfast at home before his group debuted, but now that he had compacted schedules in China, he was rarely at home. It finally dawned on the wife that she missed making breakfast for him, that she actually loved this gesture. As she prepared the bread, she felt arms snake around her waist  from behind.

"Yah, what are you doing?!"

"Just stay still, my beautiful wife. You look so beautiful when you're angry," said Chen, chuckling.

This was also something they hadn't done in a while; Chen had sneaked up on her numerous times before, but this was the first that Rara didn't want him to let go. The contact hit Rara in the heart, why would he do this to her, make things even more difficult for her to leave him?

"Why do you do this?" She held back her tears as she held on to his forearms, confusing the man behind her.  

"Wait, you usually shout 'Ya, michyeosseo? Let go of me, Chen.'" 

"Everything is different now, you should know that. Everything changed already." 

"Not for me," he said teasingly, to brighten up the tone of the conversation. "To me, you're still a naggy wife," he paused as he smiled at her with tender eyes, "and I still love you."

At those words, Rara couldn't hold in her tears anymore. It always hurt her when he said that; it made her feel awful and evil, knowing the sin of having an affair when his love for her was genuine and deep.

"Why do you still love me, even after all that I've done to you?"

"I don't know. I've never thought of a reason and I don't want to. If I find one and you no longer fit the reason, I might not love you anymore, and I don't want that." He let go of her, causing the girl to fall to the floor crying. Shocked by the reaction, he kneeled down to her and held her in his arms again. 

"Please don't cry, Rara. I never said you're beautiful when you're crying." He held her face between his hands, his thumbs wiping her cheeks. He couldn't help but be entranced by her dark orbs, shining with new tears threatening to fall. "Please, don't leave me," he begged. "Please. I'll die if you do."

Rara could see the reflection of his own pain through his eyes, much like hers. They spoke his soul, desperate to keep her in his life. She didn't want to leave him either.

"I don't want to leave you, Chen. I love you."

Slowly, Chen's quivering lips turned into a slight smile as her thin arms encircled his torso. Finally, finally, she said it. She loved him. So much. She couldn't live without him. The husband was still starstruck, did this really happen? Were all of his efforts to make her fall for him fruitful? At this point, it seemed like they were.

"Thank you, Rara!" He kissed her. Finally, after two years, he could kiss her. His heartbeat was that of a hummingbird's and he welcomed the feeling of butterflies in his stomach — this was the feeling of knowing your love was reciprocated.

He kissed her hard and passionately, pushing her to the wall and causing her to hit her head.

"Sorry, RaRa are you okay?"

She only laughed in response. "We never did this before, right? This is our first time."

His own laugher settled down in to a smirk "Don't worry, i'll go easy on you, love." 

 

And he caressed her lips with his own again. 

 


 

Finally, chapter 11 done~^^ It's one more chapter to go. Sorry it took a long time for me to update >____< But thanks for the comment and new subscribers. I love you, guys. Chen loves you too^^ HAHAHAHA :]

[editor's note: this update got released much later than expected, sorry >///< finals is coming up soon for me so it took longer to edit. hope you enjoyed it anyway!

-Haru (shineeninja)]