12

Precious

Rara woke up from her sleep, much differently from any other morning. She first noticed unusual warmth, followed by the gentle touch of a hand lazily her hair. She smiled at the gesture; she had never felt so comfortable before.

"Wake up already," the voice said. It was rather deeper than usual, but its tenderness had never ceased. 

She hummed before nestling into his body, smiling inwardly from the comfortable warmth.

"Good morning," she said.

Chen replied the greeting with a loving kiss on Rara's forehead. He was very happy. He had been waiting for a moment like this for two years. Rara, his lawfully wedded wife, finally accepted him and reciprocated his love. Their marriage was becoming like a normal one; one that he had dreamed of. Rara moved back to the apartment they shared, and eventually they slept in the same room.

"What time is it, Chen?" She asked. "Didn't you have a flight to China today?" 

Chen hugged her tighter. "Let me hold you a little longer, baby. I'm not going to come back in three days, I would have missed this moment."

"Yaaaah, I'm serious. What if you manager is looking for you?"

RaRa pulled away from Chen and took the alarm clock on the nightstand. 9 o' clock, it read.

"Oh my god, Chen, it's nine! Why didn't you wake me up?! Move. I was gonna shower and make you breakfast!"

"Don't go yet, babe! Here, let me kiss you first."

"What the hell, Chen! Don' be tacky, please!"

Rara blushed and quickly got out of bed and grabbed her towel.

"Honey, let me join you!"

The flushed wife showed her fist and rushed to the bathroom. Chen could only laugh at his lover's funny reaction.

***

 

Incheon Airport was very crowded that afternoon. As usual, it was not because of the many passengers but because of the fans who were waiting to see EXO M off to China. With much difficulty, the married couple did their best not to look recognizable. Their effort seemed fruitless as one of the fans spotted them while the couple were headed to the waiting area.

"Ah, you've finally come, Chen!" Luhan said, patting Chen's shoulder. "Uh, hello sister in law! How are you doing?"

"Luhan oppa, don't call me that!" Rara said, her face is flushed with embarrassment.

"Well, so what? You're my handsome brother's wife!" Luhan laughed and patting RaRa's head.

"Rara! Nice to see you again!" Xiumin suddenly came and hugged RaRa. "Finally, you two get along well. I'm really looking forward to it, you know!"

Rara looked at Chen. Chen could only shrugged and smiled.

"We'll be boarding shortly, let's grab our stuff and follow the manager," Kris said in an authorative manner. "Oh, hello Rara. Sorry I didn't see you! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Kris oppa. Thank you."

Kris smiled at Rara then gestured at Chen to prepare to board. 

"Baby, I'll go first, okay. Don't miss me!"

She scoffed in response. "Don't worry, I won't"

Chen laughed and her hair then her cheeks. "But unfortunately, I'm definitely going to miss you ...." Chen kissed her lips gently, sending shivers down her spine. She knew she was going to miss him too. 

"Bye, Rara. I'll call you when I get there."

She nodded and waved them good bye. And for the first time, she saw her husband off with a genuinely sweet smile.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She immediately reached into her pocket and looked at the caller ID. 'Kai calling ...'

Kai? Why is he suddenly call her?

"Hey Kai, what's up?"

"Noona, we need to talk. Do you have time?"

Rara paused for a while, but then she said "Okay, where do you want us to meet ...?"

 

***

 

Rara sat in a window seat at a cafe that was located not so far from EXO's practice building. She sipped on her latte as she waited for EXO's main dancer. Rara rubbed the surface of the table in front of her. Between all the tables in this place, this table held many memories for Rara. At this very table was where Rara and Kai secretly met often and spent their time together. A little smile etched on her lips. They were  wonderful memories she would always keep them in her heart. Although the feelings were ephemeral, Rara was happily in love with Kai. But they both knew she was happier with Chen now.

"Noona!"

Rara turned to the voice that called her. Kai waved at her with a smile, of which the elder returned.

"Noona, I'm glad to see you looking fresh like this again after a while!" Kai said as he sat in front of RaRa.

"Thank you, Kai. You don't look so bad yourself. Was practice fun? Chen told me you guys are going to have a comeback soon."

"Yeah, Noona. I'm very happy, I hope this time, it will be successful comeback!"

RaRa smiled and nodded her head.

"Noona," He began, his tone suddenly more serious, his face matching the mood in his voice as his eyes held her gaze. "I've already given you up, Noona. I will learn to stop loving you." He took another breath and averted his eyes to his folded hands on the table. "But I still want us to be friends. I still to share memories with you. I hope you can fullfill my request, Noona."

The girl smiled, both surprised and touched by his words. She covered Kai's hands with her own. "Of course, Kai. You can share anything with me. Thank you for all you've done for me. I'll never forget it."

Likewise, he smiled, but hesitated before speaking again. "Can I hug you? This will be the last time."

She fell silent. But then she smiled and got up from her chair. "Of course!"

With that, they held each other in a friendly embrace for the last time. He loved the way her body molded into his own, the feeling of her in his arms, but he knew that the next time he hugs her, those feelings must cease to exist. His heart was sore when he acknowledged that he had to leave her side, but if it made the woman he loved smile, he will do anything. 

"Thank you, Noona. For everything," he said quietly into her hair. He looked at her with a smile before releasing his gentle hold on her arms. "Well, I have to get back, Noona. My break will end soon!"

"Okay. See you, Kai!"

Rara sat back in her chair and watched Kai's figure jog back to the practice building. I hope you can find a woman who can love sincerely, Kai.

Rara sipped her latte again before hearing her phone vibrate on the table. One message was received and she immediately opened it.

I've landed!

Can't wait to be back and hug you again.

Take care of yourself.

I love you.

Rara grinned and read the message again. Thank you, Jongdae. Thank you for being someone so precious in my life.

 

THE END

 


 

Finally the story is ended. Thanks for all of you guys who already subscribe and giving comment. I appreciate it so much^^

Big thanks to shineeninja who does the editing. 

See you in another story!!! :]