Chapter 2

Catch Me If You Can ( boy x boy )

Damn it you guys already guessed that Changmin was Yunho's human boyfriend. I should stop being so obvious lol.

 

 

Guilt is a powerful thing.

It eats you from the inside, slowly but surely no matter how much you fight it, it sticks to your soul and clings onto it. Jung Yunho can imagine it flipping him off and shouting, '' Feel the pain! Burn baby burn, you pathetic excuse for a lover! ''

For months since the death of his human mate, guilt gnawed at his conscience and he couldn't even face anyone anymore. From the beginning he knew that nothing would end well between him and his beloved, but he couldn't help but selfishly return to those loving arms again and again.

Consequently, it was his innocent lover who payed the price through an unruly death. Yunho since then believed that he would never experience his warmth nor honesty again.

That was until he was banished into the human world and accidentally landed smack ontop of someone. Someone who had the similar lithe figure ... someone who called out to him in a voice that sounded so familiar and dear ... someone whose expression showed a beautiful contrast of fear and kind concern.

Yunho could barely believe what he was seeing. His body felt numb with shock as his brain tried to think rationally. It's him! There's no mistaking that face. his mind shouted. After all, who else could this man be? Captain America?

Before he knew it, all logic left him as he pinned his lover to the ground, cupping his face in his hand as he pulled him into a loving kiss. Ignoring the other's muffled sounds of protest, he drowned in his wonderful wave of new hope. 

Surprisingly, he felt his lost love squirm and try to escape from under him. To the demon, this encounter was a tremendous thing, but to the angel, it was a living nightmare. 

Damn it, Changmin mentally cursed. This guy is strong. He finally jerked his wrists and managed to break one hand free of his hold. With it he shoved at his shoulder. '' H-hey! Stop it, seriously. You're hurting me! ''

Yunho, at the sound of his distressed voice, paused and lifted himself up on his elbows. Dark crimson eyes met light auburn, and for a flash that lasted less than a second, the angel saw something familiar in those eyes that made his soul shiver. It was as if God poured ice water into his veins and an odd mixture of recognition and desire washed over him. The irritation and anger that was on the tip of his tongue slowly vanished, only to be replaced by an unknown feeling that he did not understand. 

'' Please let go of me. '' he breathed, trying not to show how much this man was affecting him. In those lycoris*-red eyes he saw confusion and sadness and - he couldn't believe it but - ... love. Alot of love.

The demon instantly drew back. '' I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. '' Changmin immediately scurried away from him, desperate to put some distance between him and his attacker. He hastily rubbed his mouth, glaring at him. Before Yunho knew it a heavy blow connected to his face, causing him to fall backwards from the powerful force. Since when was Changmin this strong?

'' Who are you and what the heaven was that? '' The angel demanded, shaking his fists to show that he wasn't going to face any bull.

Yunho groaned in pain.

'' ing what was that Changmin? '' He growled, ignoring his questions. The demon scrambled unto his feet, tasting iron in his mouth. He was both apalled and impressed that his human boyfriend, who he thought was a kind soul who couldn't even hurt a fly, was blessed with such strength in one simple punch. 

Anger pooling off of him like water, Changmin roughly grabbed him by his collar. '' How do you know my name? ''

Yunho looked him confusingly. '' Did someone hit you with a bowling ball or something? It's me! ''

When he saw Changmin his head to the side with a blank look, he sighed and tried again. '' I'm ' Yunho ', remember? I'm your lover-- ''

A thought suddenly strucked the demon. What if this was another form of punishment from his father? Banishing him to Earth was torture enough, but erasing his loved one's memories too? Oh that old man is going down. That bastard Jaejoong too. Yunho mentally glared at the image of his brother, who obviously must have helped making his and Changmin's life a living hell. Jaejoong had always been their father's boots in order to win to his favor. Dirty little rat.

'' Look I don't know any guy named Yunho. Better stay away from me because I'm sure pissed at what you just did. Who the heaven goes around kissing random people they just met? '' Changmin let him go, casting him a look of disgust. '' But then again, I guess that's what you devils do huh? Trying on any random soul they set their eyes on. ''

At the mention of his true nature, Yunho's crimson red eyes widened. How did he know that he was demon, when his memories seemed to have been erased? Not only was he puzzled, he also felt a deep stab of hurt. Changmin's negative view on him was a contrary to how and why they were even together. Yunho didn't pick him as a partner just because he was good looking, but because he really truly loved him. 

Just as he was about to voice his thoughts, a blinding flash of white appeared behind Changmin's body, engulfing the two in light. Yunho hissed, the tremendous amount of brightness was too much for him. His demon instincts kicked in when he suddenly felt something threatening. An aura that, compared to his dark and tainted one, was so pure that it reminded him of an ... of an ...

He gaped at the beautiful massive white wings that had come bursting out of Changmin's back.

No way.

How..

His lover was an angel?

Since when? 

Why..

Oh Changmin, my love. They really did kill you. Yunho thought as tears came dangerously close to spilling out of his eyes. And I wasn't there to protect you. You suffered so much... and I didn't know. I'm sorry..

'' Forgive me. '' he said quietly.

Changmin assumed that he was asking for forgiveness for kissing him. His attacker must have feared his transformation of his true self. But ... The angel's mind twisted once again in confusion. The distant and haunted look in the man's eyes suggested some other matter; that he was sorry about something completely different. Problem was he didn't know what else this Yunho person could be sorry about.

The angel's heart nearly stopped when Yunho wrapped his arms around him. Changmin's body suddenly seemed to go limp as his mocha brown eyes widened into unholy, surprised sizes. His pulse raced ... and he felt oddly warm and, dare he say it ... complete. 

'' Oh love, forgive me. '' Yunho whispered with a tone so affectionate it almost made the angel want to cry out to the heavens above.

The demon pulled him closer to him and hugged him close.

Changmin's heart wrenched and it was as though a floodgate of emotions had opened. He didn't understand why he felt consoled and relieved. It was like for a very, very long time he had been waiting for that apology.

He returned the embrace and buried his head on Yunho's shoulder, his voice quivering a little as he said the next two words that automatically flew out of his mouth.

'' T-thank you. ''

 

 

To be continued.

 

[ '' lycoris-red ''(*), a reference to ' Lycoris Radiata ', the red spider lily. Despite it's bright scarlet colour, the flower is commonly associated with darker concepts like longing, seperation, death and the after-life. I thought that maybe this flower suited my version of Yunho and Changmin. ]

Thank you for reading Chapter 2. :D I was really happy when I saw the comments. Serene appreciates the support! To those who are patient enough and are willing to wait for updates ... thank you. I heart you.  :) 

Or I can just bribe you all with muffins OHOHOHOHOHO.