Chapter 5

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came very slowly for Baekhyun. He had spent the night before tossing and turning in his sleep, unable to keep a comfortable position in his bed. He was roommates with Chanyeol before, but seeing the many problems, the managers told them that they were able to switch rooms. Now Baekhyun was with Kai.

 

Kai was a comfortable roommate, and Baekhyun was extremely pleased to have him. The managers didn't trust Baekhyun to be bunked with D.O or Sehun, because that would mean pranks, midnight feasts and parties, and complaints from neighbors, telling them that they could hear music pounding through the walls. Of course, the parties would be with D.O, and the feasts would be with Sehun, who had a strange liking for Japanese foods these days.

 

"Good morning," Kai smiled. He was sitting on the floor with a magazine laid out in front of him. He casually flipped through the pages and ran his hand through his bed-hair. "You were making lots of noise last night."

 

"Yeah," Baekhyun pulled himself up. "Did I yell or lash or anything like last time?"

 

"No. I think you're getting better."

 

"That's what you said last time," Baekhyun rubbed his face. "And then the next time, I went crazy. I honestly think I should get a therapist or something to help be forget. Should I get one?"

 

"No," Kai shrugged, popping a chocolate into his mouth. "I think you're perfectly fine. No one has flawless pasts."

 

 

Baekhyun stumbled out of the room, rubbing his eyes. Suho had gotten up early, as usual, and threw open all the curtains and windows so that the house was full of both light and fresh air. Sehun was standing next to the window with his arms spread out, as if he were trying to control the wind.

 

"You're going to get a cold, Sehun," Suho barked at him from the kitchen.

 

"No," Sehun said in a mystified voice. "I have the power of wind. The wind is my friend. The wind..."

 

"Sehun," Baekhyun stifled a laugh. "Come on."

 

Sehun opened his eyes again and pouted. He stepped away from the window and followed Baekhyun towards the next room. Baekhyun threw open the door and saw D.O dancing by himself on Sehun's bed. Baekhyun fought the urge to go and jump on the bed with his best friend.

 

"No!" Sehun scrambled forward and grabbed at D.O's waist. There was a moment of struggling between the two boys. "Don't jump on my bed, jump on your own! It took me ten minutes to make my bedding perfect and everything! And Suho hyung didn't examine my bed yet."

 

"I don't want my bed to become dirty," D.O snapped. "I was making a dance for What is Love. Now move over, Sehun, or I'm going to end up stepping on your face." Sehun reluctantly pulled back and watched D.O ruin his bedding with sad eyes.

 

"Join me," D.O motioned for Baekhyun to join the jumping. Baekhyun sighed and gave D.O a disapproving look. With that look, D.O stopped jumping and sat on the wooden floor. Baekhyun and Sehun joined him. Sehun sweeped a couple of chocolate wrappers under D.O's bed and kicked out his feet.

 

D.O looked at Baekhyun's dark face. "What's wrong, huh?"

 

"I'm sorry for yesterday," Baekhyun said.

 

"What happened yesterday?" D.O blinked, obviously clueless.

 

"It's okay," Sehun jumped in, remembering how Chanyeol had screamed at them last night. "It wasn't your fault, Baekhyun hyung. It's not your problem that he's messed up."

 

"Shhhh!" D.O smacked Sehun's hand. "If he hears you, he's really going to beat you into pulp."

 

"I already saw Chanyeol going into Thea's room," Sehun replied.

 

"Why is he going into Tatiana's room?"

 

Sehun shrugged.

 

"I had another one last night," Baekhyun shuddered, breaking the silence. "It was bad."

 

"Another one of your dreams?" Sehun gasped.

 

"More like a nightmare," D.O nodded. "Was it the same one?"

 

"Yes," Baekhyun breathed. "The same horrible one. It always occurs after Chanyeol and I have a little fight. I guess it brings back lots of past memories and stuff. Maybe I should visit the hospital. Kai said I was perfectly fine tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter