Chapter 14

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

You smiled as you sat down on the sofa. You were back home after a tiring day. Your back was already starting to ache from riding down the hill so many times. Every time you rode the sled with Sehun, Kai demanded for his turn as well. In turn, you alternated between the two childish boys while keeping a sharp eye out for Kyungsoo.

 

That Kyungsoo was really out for Sehun.

 

Now the house was quiet. The members were in their rooms with Thea hogging the computer. So you decided to visit your favorite site of all: the one with the EXO funny macros.

 

You tucked your legs in and rested your chin on your knees. The site loaded quickly on your iPhone. Honestly, you were slightly disappointed with the real EXO that you came to know. Before you met them, they were the crazy, hot boys that you laughed at everyday.

 

Kyungsoo was always owl-eyed, Baekhyun was married to his eyeliner, and Chanyeol was the crazed derp who looked like a bewitched elf who ran around wild forests, showing off his creepy smile that stretched from ear to ear. He was the one who made you laugh all the time. And you really meant all the time.

 

Sometimes you'd be hiding in the bathroom at school, trying to escape Thea and the other bullies, and randomly think of Chanyeol. Then you'd start giggling- the creepy grin etched into your mind like the cheshire cat's smile.

 

You scrolled through the many pictures. The EXO derp squad. Tao and his Gucci. Kris and his famous face with the slight smirk on his red lips with the big white caption: "Maybe Next Time." Then came this picture:

 

You laughed outloud. What was Kyungsoo thinking? You laughed some more and wiped some tears that were glistening in your eyes. Then you were going to jump to the next picture when you felt a harsh poke on your side.

You yelped and jumped in surprise. "Stop!"

 

Kyungsoo sat next to you, his eyes narrowed. He jabbed at the phone. "What was that?" You threw the phone down next to you, turning the screen off.. "Nothing. Some private, important business.

"Private?" Kyungsoo said loudly.

"Don't you dare touch it," You responded, equally loudly.

"You want me to see it, don't you?" Kyungsoo said in a naughty way, arching an eyebrow.

"N... No."

"I bet it was y," Kyungsoo said. "I want to see."

"N...No!"

 

Kyungsoo lunged for your phone at the same time you tried to hide it under your leg. Kyungsoo's eyes were on the phone, and only the phone. His brain probably wasn't working either. He tried to grab the phone which was under your leg... which meant he was grabbing your leg. You tried to push Kyungsoo off, but his hand was stuck under the pillows, and you were sitting on his arm... and it just looked awfully wrong to poor Suho who was walking by.

 

Suho screamed when he saw Kyungsoo's hand in the position that it was. "What are you two doing!?"

 

Kyungsoo flinched and tried to pull away, but his hand was stuck. He groaned and put his head down... on to what happened to be your lap. Suho yelled again and you jumped out of the way. Kyungsoo then successfully pulled his hand out, his face burning as red as a fire truck.

 

"Kyungsoo," Suho chided. "No matter how y... it is, I don't think it was quite necessary for you to force her. She told you not to touch her... private..."

 

"Hyung, no," Kyungsoo wailed. "It's not that! It's... the phone!"

 

"What phone?" Suho asked.

 

Kyungsoo pointed at your sad iPhone that lay unforgotten on the floor.

 

Suho marched over to your phone. You tried to stop him, but before you could, he the screen and a gasp came out of his mouth. "Goodness Gracious!" 

 

You scrambled over to him and so did Kyungsoo. You looked over Suho's shoulder to see what the leader was looking at. You didn't know whether to laugh or to hide yourself in embarassment. Kyungsoo laughed loudly.

 

 

"I... don't understand," Suho said sadly. "Does it mean that I have no friends?"

"No!" You cried out. "It was just... funny because it looked like... you were talking to some crackers."

Kyungsoo was dying on the floor, rolling around. He was clapping his hands like a seal, lolling about. He started slapping his leg, then his face, then crawled over to Suho and started slapping the leader's knee.

"I love you, Suho," Kyungsoo uttered this confession in small rests between his laughs.

Suho tried to shake Kyungsoo off his leg.

 

"I have to admit," Suho said, handing the phone back to you with a tense smile. "That was funny."

You blinked. "You don't look very amused."

Suho tried hard to smile. "It was funny," he reassured you. "In fact, this migh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter