Baby Don't Cry

I Can Fly

Well . I'm so sorry I had this all written for a really long time and I thought I had uploaded it. I guess not. /facepalm why am i such a

* * *

I heard footsteps and the curtain sliding back. People don't visit me much anymore. The first week, a few people would come every day. The second week, less came, the third, even less, and the fourth hardly anyone visited me. I know they're busy, I don't blame them. But I wish Kris didn't tell me how long I've been like this every time he’d come to visit. That's what they call him now. Kris.

"Hey YuMinnie..." Kris said, sitting down in the cold chair next to my bed, "sorry I can't visit much." I couldn't reply.

I don't mind. I'm glad you came.

"I've met some people that like boba as much as you do," he smiled softly, "I miss taking you out for it." He reached over, pulling the thin blanket up to my chin. "You know, my girlfriend would always be jealous when I took you out. Even though we're friends, you're too cute for your own good."

Well thanks. But considering I haven't been able to perform my usual hygienic rituals, I don't think I'm looking so great.

Kris my hair softly and took a shaky breath. "You know, I never met your brother either. I know you have one. How come I never see him here? I know it's probably because I don't come here a lot. Training takes so much time, especially now," he blabbed, "is he as cute as you?"

Especially now? What do you mean? And you must know my brother, you're in the same company! And yes he's absolutely adorable, I think. But I'm biased.

He poked her pale cheek, smiling at the softness. Kris blabbered some more, thinking I couldn't hear him, so it wouldn't matter if he talked so much. He was just doing it to fill the silence really. It was always cold and silent, except for the sound of the heart monitor beeping steadily. Like a morgue, Kris thought, shuddering and immediately pushing the thought out of his mind. He sighed, "I'm sorry we fought that day. It's been a month hasn't it? Please wake up soon," he said, tearing up, "I miss you..." He rested his chin on the side of my bed, crying a bit and letting a few tears drip onto her sheets.

Don't cry please...I'm trying-so hard. I don't care about the fight, it's over okay? Just don’t cry anymore. Every time you come here you cry.

"You remember all the promises we made to each other right? I remember them all. We have to be strong for each other, and we have to take care of each other. And whenever we ask each other if we have a problem, we can't lie, because we'll find out anyways. And we always have to hang out at least twice a week if we're in the same country, and if one of us is crying, the other can't cry, unless we're watching a movie. But you were always the one crying, you know?”

No way! You must be kidding. Who’s crying now? And who cries every time they’re here?

He sighed again.

Stop sighing so much, you make me want to sigh.

“There are so many promises, and we've kept them all so far haven't we...And the most recent promise? The one we made before that fight? Before you got in the accident. I don't want either of us to break it." He studied her unchanging face, "I'm going to debut sometime soon, YuMin." I heard my heart monitor beep faster.

What?! That’s great Wufan Oppa~ Congratulations! I wanted so say it out loud, to hug him as hard as I could but I couldn’t, and for the first time in my life I hated somebody. I hated the other driver for being careless, the nurses and doctors for not being able to heal me, and myself, for not being strong enough to wake up.

Kris stared at the machine in shock, then passed if off as a coincidence, chuckling dryly, “it’s almost like you can hear me. But you can’t, can you.”

I’m here! I can hear you!

"Please wake up. Please don't miss it. Don't break this promise please. Wake up and come see me perform, and then when you've recovered fully you can start training again and I'll see you perform." He grabbed onto my hand with an iron-like grip.

Omo it hurts! My hand hurts! I can feel it! I can feel! I tried squeezing my fingers around his, but nothing happened. I can’t give up yet. I kept trying.

“Your hand is so cold, YuMinnie. I’ll have to have them make your room warmer,” he rubbed my hands softly, then I felt my arm moving, and a warm breath on my hand, then the other.

Thank you. I promise, I won’t miss you’re debut. I promise with all my heart. I’ll be there for you.

“Excuse me sir,” said the familiar voice of my nurse, “she needs to be fed.”

Oh no...Kris leave! You don’t need to see this.

I prayed to every deity I knew of as he shuffled out of the way quietly. There was a familiar uncomfortable feeling in my throat as they “fed” me through the tube. I heard Kris gasp. Oh, God, please let him leave. I cried silently. I felt something warm on my face, then something salty on my lips.

“Stop! You’re hurting her!” Kris shouted in panic.

No you have to leave!

There was a commotion as the nurse tried to get Kris to leave, and he fought back. Finally she got security and pulled him out. He saw her tears flowing steadily as he was being dragged out, and he choked on his tears, trying not to cry.

That’s one of the promises, don’t cry if the other’s crying.