Celestial Tower

Into A New World

 

“So uh, what was that?” She asked quietly, glancing nervously at the other three warrior’s.

“Nothing. He’s just going to get Kai.” Yesung shrugged, picking Kkoming up from the ground.

“You talk about your leader so carelessly….”Spica grumbled, picking on a loose string she found on her jean shorts.

“Everyone’s loyal to him though. Titles and extreme politeness is not really necessary here. We don’t have much trouble around here.”

“Well why do you guys need Empyrean Souls then? Aren’t they here to protect EXO Planet?”

“Yeah. But you have to know we’re not the only two worlds here. There are more. One’s that is much more dangerous.”

“But-“Spica started but the doors opened again, cutting her sentence off, to reveal a powerful looking young man, and the guard that went to go fetch for their leader. Their leader, Kai, looked strong and powerful, not to mention a bit intimidating too. But when he took a seat gently upon his throne and glanced down at Spica, a smile broke out across his handsome face.

“A stranger from the human realm, huh?” He smiled, his eyes studying almost every inch of the girl as Spica stood there nervously next to Yesung.

“Yes, sir. And she wishes to get home as soon as possible, Yesung said with a small, polite bow.

“What’s your name?” Kai asked, turning his attention back to the teenaged girl.

“M-My name’s Spica.” She stammered. “Sir,” she added quickly, trying to still sound polite.

“And you wish to be sent back to your own realm?”  Kai said, ignoring the white, foxlike like creature that had trotted up the stairs and leapt up onto his lap, begging to be like a cat.

“Y-Yes sir.”
Simple answers were all she could think up of right now, standing in front of 5 Empyrean Souls and the leader of EXO Planet.

“Take her to the top of Celestial Tower then.” Kai said with a light smile, gesturing towards one of the doors along the wall.

“Yes sir.” Yesung said, putting a fist over his heart and bowed down politely again before motioning for Spica to follow him through one of the doors.

 

Once they were both out of the great hall, and now were was walking down a long, endless hallway, Spica spoke up. “Celestial tower? What’s that?”

 

“It’s the top of this very building. You saw how it reaches high up past the clouds right? When we first entered the city” Yesung asked, gesturing upwards to make his point.

“Yeah. But what does that have to do with me and going back?” Spica asked, remembering seeing the sharp point of the tower reaching high into the sky and disappearing through the thick, swirling dark clouds.

“Let me finish.” Yesung sighed before muttering under his breath: “Impatient little girl….”

“Alright. I’ll shut up now. I just want some answers.” Spica grumbled, following after the warrior quietly.

“Good. The very top of Celestial Tower, is your gateway to your realm.” Yesung explained.

“That simple?” Spica asked suspiciously, speeding her walking up a little more so she was in sync with the warrior’s long strides.

“Yup.” Yesung shrugged nonchalantly and stopped in front of a simple looking, mahogany door. “It’s become much simpler to cross between our worlds ever since 200 years ago when you ‘humans’ started popping up everywhere on EXO Planet so suddenly. Got over 20 within 4 years.” He smiled and opened the door before motioning for her to step in first.

            Spica peeked in to see an endless, winding staircase that reached all the way up to the very top that was just a small, speck of light, over 2 miles up.
“You’re telling me to walk all the way up there?!” She squeaked, her head tilting all the way back as her eyes followed the long, winding stairs.

“Hey, guess what?” Yesung smirked.

“What?” Spica sighed, accepting the fact that her legs would be crippled before she even made it home.

 

“Check these out.” Yesung chuckled, before shrugging his shoulders slightly and opened his large, black wings.
Spica’s eyes widened at the sight of them.
It was a little frightening yes, because she has never seen such things on humans before, but they were majestic yet elegant.
The feathers were a dark ebony and looked silky at the touch like a black swans. The length of both of the wings together was at least three arm spans wide.

 

“What about them?” Spica deadpanned, but immediately blushed when he face palmed and she realized what he could do with them. “Right…..never mind…….”

“Come on, let’s get you up there. I don’t bite. You know I don’t.” he said, opening his arms a little. “Otherwise I would’ve let Kkoming do that for me.”

She glanced up at him suspiciously, before stepping cautiously towards the warrior, but let out a frightened yelp when he suddenly picked her up easily bridal style.

“Whoo, you’re heavy.” Yesung grumbled.

“Shut up. Didn’t your mom ever tell you to never talk about a girl’s weight or appearance?!” Spica snapped, glaring up at the warrior.

“Nope.” Yesung smiled proudly before taking two, quick running steps and jumped off the ground, snapping his large wings open, letting the air lift him upwards.

 

Spica let out a very unattractive squeak as she no longer felt the solid ground beneath them and immediately clamped a hand over her eyes and screwed her eyes shut. She heard the warrior laugh in amusement at her reaction to flying as he continued on up, his large wings carrying them faster up the tower than walking step by step up the continuous stairs.

 

Spica breathed out in relief after several intense minutes of flying when Yesung finally landed on solid ground near the top of the tower.
“I’ll never fly again. Not even on an airplane.” She said with wide eyes, trying to adjust to the high elevation. “And quit giggling like a girl! Flying is not my thing!”

“Right.” Yesung smirked, hiding another fit of ‘giggles’. “Now, to get you home…..” he said, guiding her towards a small flight of stairs that led up to a simple, wooden door, locked with a simple, silver lock.
He pulled out silver key with intricate designs on it from around his neck that Spica hadn’t noticed he had been wearing on a string the whole time until now, and stuck it into the lock, giving it a small turn to the left, and then a full 360 degrees to the right.

“I guess this is goodbye.” Yesung smiled, taking the lock away from the door and stepped back.

“Yup.” Spica murmured under her breath, staring at the door before her. Home was only a step away now, but for some reason, Spica knew she would miss this place, although she was here for only a couple of  hours.

“Once you step through this door, don’t look back; at all. If you do, you will not only be lost again, but you will be stuck in the dimension between our two worlds. Don’t. Look. Back.” He warned, before opening the door to reveal a pitch black, and haunted looking hallway that echoed with every breath.