Into A New World

Into A New World

Spica trudged through the dark forest, exploring on her own. She went camping with her family unwillingly, because nature was just not her definition of fun, but she still went along as long as she got to leave him.

The forest was extremely warm and humid, and she could hear the loud cicadas cricking throughout the large forest. She scrunched her nose in disgust as she felt her black tank top start clinging to her back from her sweat as she walked, although the sun was starting to set, which lowered the temperature just a little.

She ran her long fingers through her silky auburn hair as she turned back around to head back towards the camp where her parents and sister was, but stopped mid-turn when she heard a bush rustle. It wasn’t a soft wind rustle, but sort of like an animal movement. She frowned and headed towards the small bush where she saw a small movement. Spica stepped towards it and reached forward to push some branches away, but something white leapt out and bounded past her.
It was white and felt very soft and furry when it brushed her arm as it jumped past her.

“Wait!” she called out, running quickly after the white creature, curious what kind of animal it was.

She ignored the tree branches that were whacking against her legs and face, focusing too much on the small animal that was still ahead of her. Not knowing why, Sunny felt like the animal was purposely trying to lead her somewhere; somewhere exciting. She continued running for a minute after the fluff ball that bounced ahead, but she came to a screeching halt when she finally noticed where she was.

Spica was in an unknown area of the forest. The trees were bare of all leaves, although it was spring, and the branches were now just long, rickety claws amongst the tree trunks. She swallowed visibly and looked around her hesitantly. Fog shrouded her slim figure as she turned back around to head back towards camp, giving up on searching for the mysterious animal.

To be quite honest, Spica was scared. She was in an unfamiliar and dark forest, just like in any other fairytale with a big bad wolf in it or something. She started to panic a little as more fog seemed to surround her, and covered everything in sight so she saw nothing but white, swirling mist in front of her.

“Mom! Dad!” She called out desperately, hoping her parents could hear her somehow as she ran further ahead. Although you’re not supposed to continue running when you’re lost, and stay in place instead, instincts and adrenaline started making her search for safety.

Spica forced back the burning tears that threatened to fall, regretting that she wandered so far off away from camp. The tears blurred her vision as she continued running through the thick fog, calling for her parents, but unluckily, she tripped over something and sprawled across the grassy floor with a pained cry.

She sat up hesitantly as she wiped hastily at her tears, but gasped when her eyes finally focused on her surroundings. Spica was standing in another foreign world now, a world that seems nothing like the human world.

Trees around her were no longer thick, evergreen trees, or the claw-like trees she saw earlier. The trees around her, had the general shape of a Sakura tree in Japan, but instead of blooming pink blossoms, they were a glittering amethyst or pink crystals in the shape of a cherry blossom.

hung open at the sight, but let out a surprised yelp and jumped in surprise when she felt something soft rub across her ankles. The girl looked down to see the white creature she had been chasing, purring around her legs, rubbing its snow white head against her ankles. It looked like an arctic fox the size of a kitten. It looked up at Spica with ice, silver-blue eyes, begging to be petted. Spica glanced down at it nervously because it did look quite like a fox, but reached down and patted the animal’s small head when it whimpered pitifully.

“Well, you’re not that bad are you now?” Spica whispered softly when it started purring again, cracking a small smile as she crouched down and scratched behind the animals white ears. She was so interested in the interesting creature she came upon, that she didn’t hear approaching footsteps.