Chapter One

I Wished upon a Star

Death's a funny thing.

It's the only thing you can be certain of in life. The realest thing in life. You never know when it might strike you; you know that - so you should be prepared for when it happens, right? It only makes sense that you would be.

But you never are.

One day everything would be perfect yet the next it wouldn't. It's a scary thing, death. There are so many ways someone could die.

Peacefully.

Painfully.

Quickly.

Slowly.

Instantly.

There's another thing I want to mention. You always hear on the news, 'He died instantly. He never felt a thing.' That's false logic, though, isn't it? You're not them when they died. You wouldn't know how they felt before they 'died instantly'. How do you know they passed over to the other side in a nanosecond? Did you know they felt nothing? 

No. You didn't. They didn't. No one does. And no one ever will.

Which brings me to my main point.

Did he feel anything when he died? Anything at all? 

Of course he did.

I can only imagine how he felt... but even then it probably wouldn't even be a tenth of what pain and suffering he felt, even for a second. 

On the 4th of April, 2011, Lee Eunhyuk died. 

He was over and over, beaten mercilessly and then left in a ditch to the side of a busy road. No one helped him though. They could see him. I know they could. But they didn't care. He was just another eyesore that us humans would have to dispose of. 

He wasn't an eyesore. He was beautiful. He was an angel to this horrible world. His expressive eyes, his gummy smile, his lean petite figure, his hair that was always silky and soft, his 'hang hang' laugh, his many talents and his gorgeous personality. He wasn't an eyesore at all.

Someone finally called for the ambulance though, after approximately an hour, reports say. But it was too late... he was already dead.

You think that was bad? That's how he died? Oh no. No no, no. Wrong, my dear friends, wrong indeed.

He still had a chance to survive. It was slim, but he had one. We could have gotten through the emotional pain together and I could've helped with the physical pains. He always did say I was good at massages...

You see... I told you it was a busy road. It was a Friday night. Everyone would be out partying, drinking, enjoying their weekend together... and that was what killed him. 

No, he wasn't a drunkard. Not a drugdealer. Didn't take drugs. Didn't smoke... Nope! He was straight edge: No alcohol, drugs, or smoking. 

It was another drunk bastard. 

'It'll be nice to have a drink. To relieve me of my stress.' he told the police the next day, 'I didn't realise I had that much. Honestly, if I knew, I wouldn't have even thought about driving.' he lied effortlessly. 

He was driving at 60 miles per hour on a 20 miles per hour road. He passed out on the wheel after having to much too drink that night. His car swerved and twisted until fate decided it would take him towards the lump that lay in a ditch.

His land rover crushed Eunhyuk. The ambulance came just as the car toppled over backwards and sat on top of the young man.

There was no chance of survival now. That one chance he had... it never came. 

It's ironic... We had an argument that day.

I was harsh to him, cold to him and down right mean to him. I called him all sorts of names. Things that you should never say.

I hate you!

Why can't you just disappear?!

I wish you would stay out of my life forever!


He stormed out the flat and rushed off into the pouring rain without a jacket. I remember he was crying. Tears were streaming his face and still he was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. I remember being concerned about his well-being even though I was pissed off to no extent. I called him. I texted him. I left countless voicemails. And then he finally picked up his damn phone.

I'm sorry... I was being childish... 

I'm the one who should say sorry. I was the one being childish. It never was your fault. 

I'm coming home now, okay? Wait for me?

I'll always wait for you, Eunhyuk. Come home safe, alright?

One more thing...

Yeah, what is it? 

I love you... 

...

Donghae?

Heh. It's nothing. I lo-

And just like that, the call had ended. He was gone. I never got to tell him I loved him.

On the 4th of April, Lee Eunhyuk died.

My best friend. My boyfriend. My lover. My dance buddie. My school mate. My childhood friend. My first ever love. My first relationship with a male. The one whom I could count on for anything.

My everything.

On the 4th of April, Lee Eunhyuk died.

If I hadn't of argued with you, you'd still be alive. You wouldn't of had to go through all that pain. We would've been sat by the fire like we did every night, drinking hot choclate as we talked about practically anything, snuggled up in one blanket. After, I would've kissed the tip of your cute nose lightly and started a make out session, leaving the hot drinks unattended. We would've gone up to our room to do the deed you and I had been waiting for all day, and slowly... ever so slowly, we'd fall asleep in each other's arms and drift off into peace.

But now it will never happen again.

On the 4th of April, Lee Eunhyuk died.

Though it never happened...

On the 4th of April, I died too.

*~...I Wished upon a Shooting Star...~*

The first chapter, guys! How was it? This was a look at how Eunhyuk died. Obviously from Donghae's POV. 

Please subscribe, comment and tell me what to improve on!

Silent readers will never be shooed but a word of encouragement please? If you don't have an account, register now! It'll be worth your time, and a lot of authors would appreciate it!

I feel sort of sad now that I've re-read it.

Was it not angsty enough for any of you? I did say I wasn't an angst writer. Oh! And I thought of a title, obviously~ 

Love, TiiTii <3


((P.S: the phone call was when Eunhyuk was ... um ... yeah, you know... because therapists ended the call... I'm evil, aren't I?))

......................................^^^^^^^
See what I did there? Sorry...


((P.P.S: Donghae didn't die. He's still alive. Though it never happened...))