A Night Together

K-robot

 

Soon, the time of the first night came.

 

The first night I'm going to spend with my Key.

 

No... wait.. that sounds tottally wrong! The first night my Key-robot is going to spend with me, no, in my house, no--- Eh, whatever.

What matters is that I'm here, he's here and it's time to go to sleep!

What to do, what to do.

"Hey.. Key?"

"Yeah?" he answered giving me a small glance before turning back to watch the TV. A dance competition was on and I guess he's programmed to like it.

"Do you sleep?"

"What do you mean?" he sounded confused.

"Well, I mean, do you do what humans do at night, that is, sleep or do you like charge at night or something?"

"Pfff, no I don't charge. My charger... is the sun! As long as I go outside for a few hours every day, I'm fine."

"Oh, well then what do you do at night time?"

"I guess I can sleep. It's not obligatory, but I can sleep."

"Do you see dreams?" he turned to face me. "I'm just curious." I added.

"Sometimes."

"Really?! What kind of dreams do you see??" I almost screamed because of the excitement. I thought seeing a Key look-a-like would be great but talking to a robot and finding out things about it is great too!

"Well, it's nothing much. Just some random blurry colors." Key shrugged. "I don't even know if I can call those dreams."

"Why not? Sounds like a dream to me." I smiled at him assuringly.

"It's time to go to sleep now." I got up from my seat and took the remote.

"Do we have to? The competition hasn't ended yet!" he complained and he looked so cute when he did that! But I couldn't give in to him. I had to have some sleep, the next day was going to be a hard day for me.

"Sorry, but we have to."

"Whyyyyy? I wanna watch!" he whined like a spoilt baby and was jumping up and down in his seat on the couch.

"Key, we really have to. Tomorrow will be a hard day for me." he seemed to finally understand.

"Okay, if you say so..." he got up too. "So, where am I going to sleep?"

"Eeeh, I don't really know. To be honest, I didn't think of that.."

"It's okay. You shouldn't have. I'm a robot after all. Robots don't usually sleep, do they?" he laughed and I laughed along him.

"They really don't!"

"Do you mind... sleeping on the floor?"

"I shouldn't, I guess." he said, unsure.

"Okay then. I think I have a matress somewhere. It's a bit old, but it's possible to sleep on it." I said while already looking for it through my stuff.

"Found it!"

 

 

After making a sleeping place that can't exactly be called a bed for Key, I made my own bed.

"Are you going to sleep on the couch?" my new robot questioned me already laying comfortably on his 'bed' that was right next to the couch.

"I don't really have a bed so I just sleep on the couch." I answered, keeping my cool and my face collected, while fixing the sheets. He's just a robot after all. I shouldn't be embarrassed about it.

"Why don't you have a bed?" He just had to ask, didn't he?

"It's because I couldn't afford it. I was collecting money for something else. Or someone,"I eyed him " if I can say so."

"Was it..me?"

"What else? Of course it's you, silly! It's not like it's much different – a couch or a bed. I can sleep almost anywhere so it really doesn't matter."

"I guess..." he replied, seemingly in deep thought about it. How could he know the difference anyways. He's a robot! A new one, at that.

I got up to turn off the lights.

"Where are you going?" he sat up, surprised.

"I'm just turning off the lights. What is it? Are you afraid of darkness?" I .

"No, it's nothing..." he layed back down and turned away.

"If you say so."

I continued my way to the switch and turned the lights off. Slowly, I made my way back to not run into anything or anyone. When I made my way back, I layed down on the couch, got under the blanket and sighed. I was glad to be in my bed finally.

"Goodnight." I heard a voice and flinched. Oh, it's Key.

"Haha, goodnight. Sweet dreams~ Oh, sorry. Colorful dreams~"

I heard Key chuckle lightly. "Thank you. Sweet dreams to you too~ And colorful too!"

"Thanks." I chuckle with him.

 

Goodnight, Key.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Sorry, short, late, bad.

But I have to tell you, it's probably going to be short chapters all the time because I have 3 fanfics to update now and it's hard. ...And I'm a bit lazy.

Maybe the need to update will cure me. As I am already staying up till 6 AM to update this chapter... -___-

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING AND EVERYTHING!

 

Love, S.O.