Chapter 9

Love Has Many Shapes

-Minho’s POV-

I started with some basic decorations. Taeminnie loves decorations. Especially those cute little teddy bear holding hearts. I quickly hang them neatly around the dorm. I also found some thick blankets to cover all windows. Hey, dark atmosphere will make our candlelight lunch feel like a candlelight dinner, y’know? I found a large white table cloth and put it over the table. I went to find the candle holder I used to have. It should be here somewhere…

Ah! There it is! I took it and put in the candles.

I asked Jonghyun hyung to pass the message that I would like them to leave the dorm so that I can surprise Taeminnie on our first anniversary. I wouldn’t want them to disrupt our special moment.

I know that I have been quite unfaithful to Taeminnie recently because of all those accounts that have happened with Minhwan. Gosh, if Taeminnie knew, he would rage and ignore me. And if Hwannie knew, he would think that I am some erted freak and ignore me too.

Gah.

I glanced at the clock. It was 11.26 am. Taeminnie should be here soon. I looked around to check that everything was in place. Then I waited.

And waited.

Every second felt like years.

I checked the time again. 11.29am. One more damn minute. I went to light the candle and off the lights.

Whoa. Dark.

I waited near the front door.

The door finally squeaked open, and I saw a figure come in. I hugged the figure from the back. Hmm..did Taeminnie start working out? His tummy area feels harder. Abs, mmm. I whispered in his ear, “Taeminnie~ Happy anniversary baby~ Saranghae~” I flipped him around and gave him a sweet kiss on his lips. It was a really sweet kiss.

Hmm..his lips feels thinner.

I could feel him tense up. Hahaha, he must be so surprised. Kekeke.

Suddenly, the door opened again. The light was switched on. At the door, I saw Taeminnie, and behind him, Seunghyun. I looked at the who-I-thought-was Taemin figure in my grasp. It was Minhwan! I… I kissed Minhwan..? Whoa.

I was literally frozen to the spot. I saw Minhwan’s face. It was flushed. Like, very red.

I turned my head. I could see that Taeminnie was trying to hold back his tears. He covered his mouth with his hand and ran out.

“Taemin-ah! Please come bac—“ I felt a tug at my arm.

“Hyung, what were you doing?” Seunghyun asked with a confused look on his face.

“I’ll explain when I get back, really… Just trust me, jebal…” I looked at him real pitifully, and he sighed and let my hand go. And I ran after Taeminnie.