The Years That Passed

Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five Years Later

"Seohyun!" I turned around and smiled as my unnie hugged me tightly. "I missed you so much!" Sunny squealed and I gasped, "You're squeezing me!" "Oh, sorry!" Sunny released me from her embrace, blushing, before hugging Sungmin's arm.

"Hi, Seohyun." Sungmin waved and I waved back with a small smile. He was one of his closest friends and the pain was still seared deeply in my heart. "So, how was Japan?" I asked Sunny. They had just returned from their trip in Japan and I'm sure Sunny is just dying to tell me all about it.

True enough, Sunny giggled and replied, "It was perfect! Plus," she waved her right hand at me and I was surprised to see a--- "Sungmin proposed and I said yes!"

I gaped at the diamond ring resting on Sunny's ring finger and looked at Sungmin in surprise. I had no idea that he was so romantic. "My gosh... I don't know what to say." I gasped and Sunny smiled, "How about congratulations? You're the first person we told, after our families, of course."

"Congratulations, Sunny!" I hugged her and added as an afterthought, "And to you, too, Sungmin. Congratulations." Sungmin smiled and I thought, Maybe he isn't like him after all.

"So, when's the wedding?" I asked after the initial shock had passed. We were all sitting on a small table at a nearby cafe and waiting for our coffees to arrive. "We decided to have in four weeks." Sunny squeezed Sungmin's hand and a pang of sadness hit my heart. I remember the times when he did that... I shook my head, clearing the thoughts.

"Four weeks? Don't you think that's a bit fast? Marriage is a big thing, after all." I queried as a waitress arrived with our coffees. I took a sip of my latte and Sunny explained, "Well, during the time in Japan, we discovered that we couldn't live without each other so..." Sunny glazed at Sungmin with loving eyes and I sighed heavily.

"I get your point." I remarked dryly and Sunny frowned before asking. "Which reminds me, Seohyun. When are you ever going to start dating again?"

I laughed. "Unnie, I'm happy being single. I do not need men in my life." A complete lie, Seohyun. My conscious retorted in my mind. Sunny was silent before asking, "It's because of Kyu---" "Do not say his name!" I lashed out angrily and the couple looked shock at my sudden outburst. Sunny stared at me thoughtfully for a moment before nudging Sungmin. He quickly got up, muttering about something he left in the car.

"Fine but it has been four years, Seohyun. Four y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter