Stuck

Stuck

 

A/N

The ones in Italics are their thoughts :D


 

Noona neomu yeppeo

Michyeo

Replay Replay Replay

She’d filmed the Japanese PV of Replay with Shinee weeks ago but she still couldn’t get the song out of her head.  Yoona was singing Replay while she waited for the elevator to arrive at the ground floor and take her to the 12th floor. She, along with Shinee, arrived from Japan 2 weeks ago and now, she was at the SM building for dance practice with her SNSD unnies. She had missed the company of her unnies, and girls in general, when she was in Japan with the boys. She was growing more eager as the elevator got closer to the ground floor.

4….3….2….G!!

Ding.

 The elevator doors opened and about 6 people, who seemed like co workers, came out. She quickly entered the elevator and pressed 12. Being the overly excited girl she was, she spammed the close button thinking that it would close the elevator doors faster.

“Hold please! Hold the elevator please!” a voice shouted as a hand reached out to stop the elevator doors from closing. The hoarse voice sounded familiar to her but she couldn’t pinpoint who it was.

Dammit. Who is this guy anyway?’ Yoona asked herself

“Sorry about the-…Oh! Yoona noona!” he smiled as he went in the elevator holding 2 grocery bags.

“Taeminnie? “ she half asked, half declared. “Your voice sounds different.” She chuckled

“Mianhe noona, I lost my voice the morning after we got back. Thankfully we don’t have any recordings any time soon.” He lauged

“Are you late for practice or something? And why do you have all these food and drinks with you?” she asked with a smile

“Well, I’m not late but I didn’t want to wait a long time for the elevator again so I ran,” he laughed as he slowly breathed. “And the snacks and drinks are for me and the hyungs if ever we get too lazy to go down and eat during breaks.” He explained. “How ‘bout you noona? Practice with the other SNSD noonas?”

“Neh, our comeback in Korea’s in a few-“ Yoona fell silent as the elevator came to a complete stop, doors shut tight.

‘. This isn’t happening. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. Not now. Not without unnies. . HOW AM I GOING TO GET OUT?!’ Yoona panicked.

Taemin took notice of Yoona’s expressionless face slowly changing into one filled with fear. He slowly put down the grocery bags and walked to the elevator doors trying, and unfortunately failing, at prying the doors open. Yoona suddenly shrieked and shoved him out of the way as she started spamming the elevator's open button and the emergency button simultaneously.

 

 .

Talk about late reactions.’ Taemin thought

“HELLO?! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?! CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME?! I’M STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR! PLEASE HELP ME! I DON’T LIKE IT HERE! HELLO?!” Yoona shouted, pounding on the elevator doors,  completely forgetting that Taemin was in there with her. She ran to the elevator camera and waved frantically, hoping that the guards could see her. When she got tired of waving at the camera, she went back to banging on the elevator doors, calling out every name she knew for help.

“Noona…” Taemin called out to her as he stood behind her.

“SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!” she desperately shouted

“Noona….” He tried again, tugging on her jacket.

“CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME OUT THERE?!” her voice slightly waivering

“NOONA!” he raised his voice as he gripped her shoulders. “Noona,” he soothed as he turned her around to face him. “We’ll be fine, I promise. I’m here with you, please don’t be scared.” He half pleaded as he hugged her tightly. A few seconds passed by silently until he felt his shirt being soaked with tears.

“Noona, please don’t cry. I promise you we’ll get out of here today. I know it seems scary but we’re here together aren’t we? You have me here so you have no reason to cry and be afraid.” He comforted as he wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb.

“Mianhe Taeminnie. It’s just that, of all places I’d be stuck in, an elevator. Suspended 8 floors above the ground. I just….I just don’t want it to happen again.” She shook her head to get rid of the memory and buried her head back into Taemin’s chest.

“Don’t want what to happen again? Noona? Come on, I’ll listen if you want to tell me.” He prodded

“Well…” she paused, pondering whether to tell him or not. “Fine.” She sighed. “When we were trainees, SNSD unnies and I went ghost hunting after hours. We…we rode the elevator and it stopped at the 5th floor. We were all so scared because the lights went off because of the storm. We didn’t know if it was because there were 9 of us in the elevator or if the cables were too weak but the elevator fell about 3 floors. Out of all the SNSD members, I was the one who was most scared.” She pouted. “I hated the dark. And being in an enclosed space without lights made me a bit claustrophobic. So yeah. I don’t want that to happen again.” She explained, shivering at the thought of a repeat occurrence.

“Don’t worry noona. It’s not storming today so there won’t be a blackout that’ll cut the power off. The elevator’s pretty new so I doubt the wires have thinned out.” He assured her. “Now come on, let’s sit down for a while, you’re shaking noona.” He chuckled a bit as he led her to one side of the elevator and sat her down. “Hungry?” he asked as she only nodded her head.

‘Thank god Taemin had food with him. I haven’t had lunch yet and my stomach’s been growling for a while now.’

They ate some chips for a good 10 minutes until they were both full. Taemin wrapped his arm around Yoona’s shoulders to relieve a little tension. Yoona, in turn, leaned her head on his shoulders and closed her eyes ad Taemin started singing softly.

Noona neomu yeppeo, geunyeoreul boneun naneun

Michyeo, hajiman ijen jichyeo

Replay Replay Replay

“Taemin-ah,” Yoona whispered. “I’m sorry for freaking out like that. I don’t deserve to be called a noona right now because of the way I’m reacting to the situation. I should be the one taking care of you and all.” She sighed

“Ani, it’s my choice to take care of you. You have every right to be called a noona. It’s just that I chose to act like an oppa at this moment rather than a dongsaeng.” He chuckled. “It’s fun you know? Having that aura around noona’s that make them think I’m an oppa.”

“Plus you can still get away with being the cute and naughty dongsaeng.” She added

“Exactly. But to be honest, I want people to take me more seriously. I mean, not because I’m the maknae, people already treat me like a kid. I’m already legal, yeesh. During our filming for the PV, I-I asked the director if we were all going to have the same screen time with you but he told me I’d have the least and hyungs’ screentime were only a BIT longer. Turns out he lied.” He laughed bitterly

“Taemin-ah, you’re still young you know. You have a lot of-“

“Noona, that’s just it.” He raised his voice as he dropped his arm off of her shoulders.

“What’s it?” she asked raising her head from his shoulder to look him in the eye.

“I know I'm young but I'm NOT a kid anymore! I want people to take me seriously. I want the PD-hyungs and manager hyung to take me seriously. I want the fans to take me seriously. Most importantly, I want YOU to take me seriously.” He declared holding her gaze. “Noona, I’m not that little kid you sang Juliette with anymore. I’m older now, more mature, and I want you to see that. I don’t want you to treat me like a kid anymore.”

“But I do see you as a man Taemin! It’s a little hard to accept that my dongsaeng’s all grown up now but I get it. That’s why I’m adjusting to-“

“Noona, I don’t think you get what I’m saying!” he said as he raised his voice

“Then what exactly is it you want to say to me?!” she replied in an equally loud voice

“Don’t you get it noona?! I LIKE YOU. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU!” he half shouted ending the argument. Yoona stared at him dumbfounded, unable to come up with a coherent answer.

“HEY! YOU GUYS OKAY IN THERE? WE’RE PRYING THE DOORS OPEN. MOVE AWAY FROM THE DOOR OKAY? WE’LL GET YOU OUT IN A FEW BEFORE YOU KILL EACH OTHER FIGHTING IN THERE.” A man shouted.

Seriously? Rescuers come now? When something important’s actually happening?!’ Yoona sighed

5 minutes later the elevator doors were pried open and they were free to go. They thanked the man for opening the doors and rescuing them. Thankfully he didn’t hear a thing about the argument, the doors were to thick to hear anything clearly. The man left to get their managers and the rest of their groups so they were once again left alone. Taemin was about to step out of the elevator when Yoona pulled his arm.

“I-…I’m sorry about that, y’know…” she mumbled. “I just…I don’t know what to say to what you told me.”

“S’okay noona. You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to.” He said as he turned around and prepared to walk away from Yoona. He was about to walk away from the girl he was in love with, he was about to turn his back on his love for her. He was about to leave his everything. He did call her his everything in the music video right?

Yoona shook her head and tugged on his hand spinning him around. Taemin felt dizzy at the sudden spin he made. The next thing he felt was arms around his neck and her soft lips crushed against his. It took him 2 seconds to react. 2 seconds to wrap his arms around her waist and kiss her back. They parted less than a minute later when they heard several footsteps running towards them.

Their members and their managers were coming. They were officially rescued. They were no longer in the elevator. They were no longer in each other’s friendship zones. They were no longer stuck.


A/N

I re wrote the whole thing because my laptop's still at my cousin's place. I have yet to retrieve it this weekend. The update for When Two Worlds Collide is there as well but I don't want to re write that anymore. This wasn't as good as the one in my laptop but I suppose this'll do. I hope you do find this story, up to par with your expectations. If not, I'm really sorry, I'm just an idiot writer without my laptop =))