Prowess - Prologue

Prowess

Sorry for the late update....

This is the prologue~ Hope you will be able to enjoy it~ any structure critics is okay but no bad remarks and spamming is not allowed here!

Prologue:

Our place is full of wonders and mysteries… There is a possibility that some extraordinary things or people lives among us… It’s not that they never existed…. It’s us that didn’t realize their existence…This fact triggered the mind of a person…

“Onii-san! Why don’t we just go ahead and take their ‘origin’?! They’re weak! They’re powerless! They’re arrogant people! They even hurt you! Why don’t you attack them with your special affinity?! The one that dad is so proud off!” an angry person shouted to his brother who is currently being treated. He nearly involved in an accident and the one who is at fault refused to apologize.

“Keizo! Shut up! Don’t forget! Dad is one of them and he saved us! If he didn’t, our whole race extinct!” his brother, Yamaa Hikaru shouted back. He is the only legitimate sovereign. He has a son who is going to be the next one. His brother, Yamaa Keizo, doesn’t actually mind not being the sovereign but he hates the way that his brother lets everything go. Forgive everything.

His anger triggered a plan… but he has to wait for the time to pass... for the plan to become fruition.

Origin. This is the source for their affinities also known as Wills. These abilities only belong to people called Trinities.

~Few years past~

[An unknown place]

“Now that I’ve helped you to escape that pitiful life of yours. You have to promise me that you’ll give me your all sons and daughters to me! Including the one you’re still having. And also, don’t be surprise when your oldest child, Zara kills both of you. Okay?!” Keizo saved a family which is part of the Protectors. This family had a daughter, a son, and expecting another son. Keizo seems to realize that these children have the potential for the future

~Another few years past~

“ZARA?! How could you kill your own mother?!” The father was shocked that what Keizo previously said is true! “Hehehe~! You people. Who ignored what the humans made to you. MADE ME COMPLETELY SICK! You ignored! If you’re scared that let me help you getting the revenge! For now…” Zara killed her father. At first everything was chaotic, now everything is silent until Zaki, Zara’s younger brother speak up.

“Zara-nee! I take mom’s origin and you take dad’s okay?” Zaki has a weak origin and in need a new one to replace it. Zara actually wanted to take both but she let it go. “Get it done quickly. Keizo-sama is waiting.” She replied.

~At Yamaa Hikaru’s residence~

“EH?! Hai… Hai… Wakatta! Ima sugu iku!” He just received a call that three families from Protectors are annihilated. Then he feels that someone is tugging his shirt which made him stop and face the person.

“Papa~ Where are you going??” it’s his son, Yamaa Tomohisa. He was given the nickname YamaPi by his mother.

“Hmm? I’m going out for a while... Why don’t you go to mama and play with her instead. Or you want Ryo-chan to come? Choose.” He smiles.

“Eto… Ryo-chan! Mama is busy with someone. She won’t play with me.”

“Okay. Ryo-chan will come soon. Please be patient. And mama is busy with someone? Who is it?” he asked seriously.

“Hmm~ Dare datte? Ah! Uncle Keizo!” YamaPi instantly reply.

Hikaru run to the room in a blink of an eye. Then Ryo came~

“Ryo-chan! What shall we play?” Yamapi asked Ryo when he arrived. Ryo smiles and answers, “Anything you wish… By the way, where is His Royal Highness?”

“Oh! Papa is with Mama and Uncle Keizo!”

~Hikaru~

“Keizo?! You heard about the Suihiro family? They were murdered!” Hikaru asked just after he opens the door and immediately stops. There he sees with his eyes widely open, his wife’s body lying on the floor, blood was oozing out from the lacerations left.

“Oh? Nii-san. You’re a bit slow, aren’t you?” Keizo smirked. Hikaru saw the dagger on his brother’s right hand with fresh blood rushing down. “Keizo?! DID YOU JUST KILL HER?!” Hikaru shouted in rage after a few minutes, his hands turn into a fist but then released, trying to be calm. Not to use his will.

“That’s why I say you’re slow. Isn’t it obvious that I DID kill her?” Keizo said with full of malice.

Hikaru tried to use his Will but something prevents him from using it. Keizo instantly laugh. Laugh like he’s watching a comedy show. “I set a barrier. Here no one can use their abilities except me.” He raised his arm; Hikaru flew upwards hitting the ceiling above.

~Back to Yamapi~

Yamapi currently playing at Ryo’s abode, not realizing that his mother was killed and soon his father. Just after an hour of playing, they felt tremors. Ryo’s parents and his sister, Meisa gathered at the front door, stunned to feel tremors. Ryo tried to find answers from his parents but they didn’t answer. They themselves know not the answers.

Soon, Keizo appeared right in front of them. They stumbled but managed to stay in their former position. “Keizo? What are you doing here?” Ryo’s mother asked first. Keizo didn’t bother to answer or say anything, he just charged in a grabbed Yamapi.

“What are you doing?! Let him go! I’ve been assigned to take care of him.” Ryo tried to let Yamapi go from Keizo’s tight grasp. None of his effort was useful. He can’t use his will against Keizo. It’s forbidden to do so especially to part of the royalties.

“Uncle Keizo! What are you doing here? And where’s daddy?” Yamapi innocently asked. Keizo finally uttered with a smirk, “he’s dead,” Yamapi froze instantly. Dead?

“You’re bluffing! Hikaru would never die!” Ryo’s father defended. Keizo looked at him, “You see this? I ate their origin! I have his and her prowess!” Keizo showed his bloody stained hand, Yamapi stared at it with wide eyes. Still can’t believe it. He shrugged his hand away from Keizo’s. Walking backwards…

“Keizo! You’re so dead!” Ryo’s father used his will againt Keizo which was completely useless. ‘This prowess… only belongs to Horikita Yukina! Only her prowess can nullifies others. Don’t tell me…’ Ryo’s mother thought of the worst. They tried everything they could but none of their efforts paid off.

“I wanted that brat dead too so that no one… NO ONE… can interfere my way. Not even you. Now… if you excuse me, I don’t want to meddle into stuffs like this. I have to get that brat!!” Keizo said.

Before he could make a move forward, Ryo’s mother stood in front of him followed by the father. Keizo twitched. “Move.” No movements. “Move!!!” Still no movements. “MOVE!! ASIDE!”

‘Meisa. Go. Protect your brother and the prince.’

Meisa heard the message and head towards Ryo. Then spurts were heard, red liquids splattered all over. Meisa tried not to look back and brought Ryo and Yamapi to the backdoor and let them escape.

Run… Protect the prince no matter what!