I am Happy (행복합니다)

Neowana Unmyeong Ingabwa #2 (My Healing Love)

 

 

            Min Ah watched Jong Hoon as he maneuvered Beast in a smooth expertly manner. It seems like it isn't his first time riding a horse. And being on Beast’s back suited him well. He looked like a dashing prince just like in fairy tales.

            She maneuvered Snow White so she could be near Jong Hoon. And the moment she saw his gorgeous face, as the wind blows his well- cared hair, she felt like he became more handsome in her eyes. It seems like the more she stare to this man, the more he becomes undoubtedly beautiful, as if he’s perfect in any angle. And she got more addicted to his sight.

            “I didn’t know a rock star like you knows how to handle a horse,” she commented.

            “Uhmm… Well,” Jong Hoon responded shyly as he gave her a smile.

            “So, let’s go now?” she asked. “I’ll tour you here inside the ranch. You ready?”

            “Ye.”

            “Follow me.”

            And in that instant, they both speed their horses away. At that height in the back of the horse, they have a good vision of the scenery she always loved and adored to see. It’s one of the things she finds awesome whenever she’s at the back of her Snow White. It’s just refreshing to see how beautiful everything is in that kind of view. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why she fell in love with horseback riding because it makes her every tour worthwhile and worth seeing. Plus, the wind’s cold breath adds fun to that travel.

            “Ho,” she uttered forcefully which made Snow White stop. Jong Hoon, following her, also did the same thing. They stopped in the middle of their big orchard.

            She picked some ripe big juicy oranges.

            “Seems like you’re really excellent in horseback riding for a rich princess,” she heard Jong Hoon commented as he stared at her.

            She smiled at him and stared back. “I’m not that kind of princess you’re referring to,” she simply responded as she threw over him an orange that he had easily caught.

            “Young miss,” someone interrupted. It was their head farmer who came to them.

            “Annyeong haseyo,” he bowed to them. She also bowed partially and smiled at the aged man as a response. Jong Hoon politely did the same.

            “It seems like you are enjoying yourself, young miss,” the farmer said.

            “Ah, yeah. I missed this place a lot.”

            “That’s good to hear young miss. But I can see that you don’t have your personal butler with you. Where is butler Seo?”

            She wanted to laugh the time she heard that ridiculous thing. One of the things that used to piss her off before is how their workers here in the ranch treat her like a very delicate and fragile gem. They always seemed to be overprotected with her as if she can't protect her own self. And they all seemed to be way too polite with her. But now, that just made her want to laugh.

            “Ahjussi,” she referred to the old man. “Butler Seo isn't my personal butler. And I don’t have a personal butler. And besides, I don’t need it.”

            The farmer just nodded. “But then, young miss, would you want me to help you pick some oranges? Our oranges are now ready to harvest. And I’m sure they are all juicy.”

            “I know ahjussi. Our oranges here are the best,” she commented. “But I can manage. We’ll just pick it up ourselves.”

            “Araso, Miss Min Ah- ya. I see, this young man her could help you do,” he referred to Jong Hoon who’s just silently listening to their conversation. “Is he your fiancé?”

            Her eyes grew wide. “Ya, Ahjussi, you’re kidding!” she laughed over that funny thing. This ahjussi must be really old enough that he had thought Jong Hoon as her boyfriend.

            “Ani. He’s my friend from Seoul. He is Choi Jong Hoon.”

            Jong Hoon politely smiled to their farmer as the old guy bowed once again to him. And she saw quite surprise in Jong Hoon’s eyes that the ahjussi didn’t recognized him.

            “I hope you have a great time here, young man.”

            “Ah… Uh… Kamsahamnida,” he answered.

            “Ah, young miss, it would be great if you could bring the young man in the celebration of our feast.”

            “Feast?” Jong Hoon wondered.

            “Yes, young man. During autumn, we held a feast as a way of thanks giving for a rich harvest. And that would only be days away. On Friday. We would love to see you there.”

            “Ah,” Jong Hoon nodded. “My pleasure, sir. Thanks for the invitation.”

            “We really hope to see you there,” the farmer said as he bowed once again. “I’ll better be going now young miss, young man. It was nice to chat with you. I hope you have fun.”

            “Araso, ahjussi. Annyeong!” she waved her goodbye to the old man with a smile on her face. Then, she slowly turned to Jong Hoon.

            “Ya, Jong Hoon- ah, you were surprised that ahjussi didn’t recognized you.”

            “Yeah,” he replied.

            “It’s because we’re here at a forsaken place called neverland,” she laughed over her joke. “I mean, we’re on the province that’s why most of the people can't recognize you.”

            “Gwaenchanha,” he said. “It’s better if they won’t recognize me as a celebrity. It will be more comfortable for me.”

            “Make sense,” she said as she turned herself again in picking oranges. “You should pick some too, Hoon- ah. We’ll be eating this there,” she pointed at a hill found nearby with her lips. “I’m sure these will all be delicious!” she exclaimed as she cravingly looked at the fruits.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            “Omo! This is delicious!” Min Ah exclaimed as she put in a piece of orange they picked a while ago. Its juices are even sliding on the side of her lips.

            She and Jong Hoon are now sitting comfortably under that big proud tree that is found in the hill inside their ranch, which shades them from the sun. The breeze is colder in there, and the elevation of the land enables them to see the vicinity in a clearer angle. That’s the reason why she found that spot very adorable.

            She is still busy eating when she noticed Jong Hoon looked at her, as if scrutinizing her carefully. And she got conscious with his gaze. It made her heart pound inside her chest in an uncontrollable rhythm.

            “Ya, why are you staring at me like that?” she asked with furrowed eyebrows.

            “Nothing,” he replied. “I just found out that you really have the life of a princess.”

            She frowned when she heard that princess thing.

            “I never wanted to be a princess,” she said. “I told I’m not that kind of princess that you were thinking. I never wanted this princess- like life. Princesses are kind of weak, you know. They live a boring life and I don’t want a boring life.”

            “And I’ve learned that, too. You seemed pissed off with the way everyone’s so formal and polite with you. And I wondered why. Most of the heirs I know doesn’t act the way you do.”

            “The heirs you know?” she asked curiously. “You probably know a lot of socialites.”

            “Well, yeah—no! I mean, the heirs I see on television don’t act like this. They all seemed to be lady like princesses who can't do things for themselves. They can be spoiled brats who give ache to the head.”

            “I’m a carefree soul ever since. And I would never want to drag myself in the glamorous and majestic world of the socialites. My soul is not just fitted for it. It makes me sick and suffocated,” she explained. “That’s why I even agreed to this crazy deal of my mom just to be free—“ She stopped herself from spilling the details of her frustrating problem.

            “Crazy deal?” Jong Hoon asked. She knows he’ll be this curious cat.

            “So much for that ‘princess matter’,” she sighed as she tried to mislead their conversation. She just doesn’t want to remember her frustrating problem and that crazy feeling while thinking it especially that she still can't find the answer out.

            “Let’s just think of something we could have fun,” she suggested.

            “Like what?”

            “Like…” she paused for a while thinking of a nice idea. “Ah, let’s have a bet,” she grinned mischievously.

            “A bet?” Jong Hoon knotted his forehead. But still, he looked wonderful with that look.

            “Yep. A bet,” she nodded. “Let’s have a horseback riding competition.”

            “A horseback riding competition?”

            “Yeah!” she cheerfully exclaimed. She can feel her blood rushed with excitement. “And the winner will have the chance of having any of his wish come true. He’ll have the power to make the loser do anything he wanted him to do.”

            “Anything? You really mean anything? No matter what it is?”

            “Absolutely! But just one thing. So if you’ll be the winner, you must think of a very good request,” she grinned. “It’s one in a lifetime.”

            “Sounds fun,” Jong Hoon said with a sly smile on his lips. He seemed convince with her perfect suggestion. “So where will be our starting point and finish line?”

            She grinned as she got what she wanted. A game like this excites her nerves.

            They both hurriedly jumped off their horses’ back when they had finally agreed to where the race would start and end. And in a count of three, Jong Hoon and she ran their horses in their fastest speed. She knows she’ll win this.

            But then, she was surprised when Jong Hoon seemed like he was not an easy opponent. He maneuvers Beast so well that he actually gone first than her and Snow White. But she can't let him win.

            She felt the wind brushed harder on her face as she hurried Snow White faster than her current speed. And in an instant, she had gone on top of Jong Hoon and Beast. She gave Jong Hoon a smirk as a sign of her upcoming triumph. She’s confident that she’ll win.

             But then, she was shocked when she found out that Jong Hoon is slowly outstripping her. He is running fast after her until he finally reached her. And with just a blink of an eye, Jong Hoon had already outrun her far enough that she couldn’t reach him anymore.

            When she reached the finish line, Jong Hoon greeted her with that winning grin of him. And she can't believe it. How can she possibly lose on her own game?

            “Seems like I’ve beaten the princess,” Jong Hoon said.

           She rolled her eyes and pouted. “That’s just beginner’s luck,” she grinned. Yeah, he had beaten her. And now she got her own dose of her medicine. As being true to the consequence they had agreed upon to, she has to do anything he’ll wish her to do.

            She sighed. “So what do you want me to do?”

            Jong Hoon seemed like he was thinking. Then, he turned to her again. His eyes are sparkling. Maybe this guy’s too proud of himself for he had beaten her.

            “Let me think of it,” he finally said. “I’ll just call you up so I let you know.”

            “Tss…” she hissed. “C’mon, make your wish now.”

            Jong Hoon just gave her a sly smile. Then, he slowly shook his head.

            “You told me that I can only have one opportunity so I’ll think of a very good one.”

            “Ya!” she glared at him. “Don’t ever think of resorting to impossible wishes. I’m not a genie.”

            Jong Hoon looked at her with a glint on his eyes. He seemed to be amused with her actions. He is actually suppressing his laughter but his huge smile at her cannot hide that he’s having fun about this matter.

            “Wae? Are you afraid?”

            “Afraid? Who? Me?” she chuckled as she rolled her eyes boastfully. “Aniyo! Of course not!”

            Jong Hoon really seemed to enjoy their current state as he just blurted into laughing.

            She wanted to glare at him and give him deathly stares as he makes fun of her. But then, she seemed to be enchanted with the way he laughed. It’s as if everything turned to be out of colors that the only thing she can see that moment is Jong Hoon. He is dazzling in her eyes.

            She can't help but to smile just by looking at his handsome face. And all the irritation she felt when she was defeated and got teased by him all vanished so suddenly. And as she thought of the things that had happened as they made their simple and crazy bet, she remembered that she also enjoyed every moment of it. It’s the first time she got really excited about a horse race match. And everything got a lot of happier, she must admit.

            And she just found herself dragged with how beautiful the sound of his laughter is as she also laughed along with him. It was just so merry she thought she forgot everything she’s been irritated of. There’s just something to this man…

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ayyiiee... JongMin couple.. haha^^

Sarangahae guys!! I hope you like it!!! :)