Hands That I Can't Hold (continued)

[COLLECTION] Yoonteuk

"Yoona!" Jessica and Tiffany greeted me as I entered the company's building. 

"Hey guys." I smiled back. "So how did the Strong Heart episode go?" Jessica asked in a teasing way.
 
"Well, you saw it, I think you would  know."
 
"Yes, I saw and so it did everyone else! Oh My God, I can't believe Leeteuk oppa admitted that you are his ideal girl!" 
 
I laughed at Jessica's fangirl moment. We reached our floor and meet Taeyeon outside of the recording studio. 
 
"Hey, Taeyeon." I greeted. 
 
"Yoona! Tiffany! You're here. I need to talk to you two for a moment." 
 
"Us? Why me?" Tiffany questioned. Jessica just slipped into the studio without saying anything.
 
"Because you were on the Strong Heart episode last night."
 
"Okay, what is it?" I went on, hoping to get this conversation over with soon. I knew exactly what our leader wanted to talk to us about.
 
"Heechul oppa and Eunhyuk oppa mentioned to me that Leeteuk oppa didn't go home last night. Do either of you know where he went?" 
 
"No, I left before Yoona. But I saw Leeteuk oppa and he told me that he was waiting for Yoona." Tiffany answered.
 
"Yoona?"
 
"He took me home, but he left right afterwards. I don't know where he went." I lied. My acting skills comes in handy in times like this.
 
"Really? Then where did he go?" Yes, she believed me. 
 
"Where did who go?" We jumped a little as you appeared out of nowhere.
 
"OPPA! Don't scare us like that!" Tiffany punched you in the arm. You lightly laughed and looked over towards me. I frowned.
 
"Where did you go last night?" I asked, acting with concern. 
 
"Yeah, where did you go? Your members were worried!" Taeyeon practically screamed in your face. You backed away.
 
"They're fine. I just saw them. I went to see my parents." 
 
"And you didn't tell the others?!"
 
"I haven't seen them in a long time. I kind of forgot to call them. It was late and I decided to stay the night over there." You lied perfectly. 
 
"Fine, you're off the hook this time. But I don't want any of your members attacking me the moment I step into this building ever again!" 
 
"They attacked you?" 
 
"Yeah, I had to wrestle them to get away!" We bursted into laughter. 
 
"Hmph! Whatever!" She marched into the studio, leaving the three of us out here, laughing our butts off.
 
"Okay, I think I should go now. Got things to do." Tiffany and I bowed and waved goodbye like we normally do. 
 
For about a week, we didn't see each other. Busy schedules had gotten in our way. I kind of thanked god for the long hours of work. I didn't know how to face you and I didn't want to think about that night. For me, work was a good thing. But we worked in the same building. There is a time where we had to run into each other and it just so happens to be today.
 
You were in the elevator. I entered with hesitance. The silence that engulfed us was quite pathetic. Out of nowhere you press the stop button. 
 
"Oppa..." My mind went crazy. What were you doing? 
 
"Yoona, stop it." You turned around to face me.
 
"Stop what?"
 
"Stop avoiding me. Stop trying to busy yourself even more so that you don't have to face me." It was like you've read my mind. 
 
"It's driving me crazy." 
 
"No, oppa. Don't...we can't..." You leaned closer to me. You trapped me at the corner of walls.
 
"Then tell me, when you said you love me, did you lie?" That last word was said with such harshness, I stared at you in disbelief.
 
"How can you say that?! Of course I didn't lie. But I thought you understood."
 
"I do understand. I don't want us to be distant. But what I don't understand is that even though you've admitted your love, you are still trying to avoid it!" You're crying... You've never looked so vulnerable before. Maybe you're not so great at hiding your pain afterall. 
 
I hugged you. I hugged you as tight as I could. "There can't be a us in this world."
 
"There's only you and me." I continued. "For the sake of our fans. For our career, for our friends and family, and for our future."
 
"We can't let our own selfishness come first." I wiped your tears away and placed a kiss on your lip. It lasted longer than the others, but this one was different. It was soft and serene. 
 
You pulled away from it for the first time. You turned to press the button to the loddy. The elevator started moving again. You turned back to me. 
 
"Saranghae, Yoona. I always will." You placed a final kiss on my forehead just as the elevator door opened. You put on your smile and stepped out of the elevator, leaving me by myself. I sunked to the floor. I had promise myself not to cry again. I had no willpower to keep that promise.
 
We are torned by the path of our lives. Our love will forever remain anonymous. Our secrets best kept in our hearts.
 
Because your hands are the only ones that I cannot hold.