Chapter 2-The Beginning of A WEIRD Year

Men And Their WEIRD OBSESSIONS! *HIATUS*

-Soomi's POV-

All I could hear the teacher say is, "BLAH BLAH BLAH!!" I just wished that teachers were fun, like Jaejoong seongsung-nim. He's so much fun and I actually learn something in there! I looked around the room, seeing all the girls staring at the teacher with delight. What's the big deal? He's only Park Yoochun. What's so special about him? All he could teach was boring history and have the looks of a model. That's IT! Geez, it bores me to death about all this. Maybe that's why they got a "handsome" teacher as himself to teach a boring subject. 

I looked over to the desk next to me, there was Onew drooling on his chicken restaurant menu. I rolled my eyes and slapped the back of his head. "OW!" he yelped, coming to a sudden wake, grabbing his head, and falling back in his chair, everything comind down onto the floor. All this happening in three seconds. 

Everybody looked to the back of the room, and I was looking down at Onew. 

Mr. Park cleared his throat and spoke in his most uniformed voice, "Mr. Jinki, are you okay? Did something happen?"

Onew stood up and rubbed his bottom and head. He glanced at me, with me giving him a threatening look. He gulped, "Nothing, Mr. Park...I just...uh...tipped over. Haha, that's all!" he slowly gathered his things. I looked up, seeing half of the girls giving him a sympathetic and the other half glaring at me. I shrugged and helped him as well. These girls don't know half of the story. 

"Why did you do that?" Onew hissed under his breath. I shrugged, "Thought you should wake up. Wasn't this your favorite class?" I sarcastically spoke.

"No! I like art better," Onew argued, sitting back in his chair. Before I could even speak of CL, our art teacher, Mr. Park cleared his throat once again. 

"Well if you let me continue please. As I was saying, Since this is the beginning of your final here at Seoul Trinity Academy, I would like to congradulate each and one of you for attending here and allowing me to teach you all the history that I'm well aware of." He walked to the center of the front and bowed at a 90 degree angle. The whole class went wild, except for me and Onew, who only clapped. 

Just as the class settled down, and were waiting for more word to come out of his mouth, the door opened. Everyone looked over, including myself, at the door. Then a girl walked in, looking as strange as ever. Is she lost or something, because she looks like she was meant for the all girls' school down the street. She looked wayyyyy to nice to be here. 

"Yes may I help you?" Mr. Park walked over to the strange girl. She gave a cutesy smile and nodded, "Yes. I'm a transfer student here. And I was told that my first class was here. Am I not correct?" she pulled out her schedule to show to the teacher. Mr. Park took it and scanned it and dumbly nodded, "Oh, yeah. You're here with please come in and introduce yourself." He gestured her in and she politely walked in. 

She got to the center of the front room and bowed 90 degrees and got back up. "Anneyeonghaesayo. I'm Choi Jinri. But you can call me Sulli. Please take care of me. I am under your care," she bowed once again, earning her an applause. 

"Would you go and sit in front of Lee Soomi? Soomi-shi please raise your hand so Jinri-shi can find her seat," Mr. Park politely asked. I lazily raised my hand and she spotted me and came walking down the row. 

I don't know if I'm seeing things or not, but right when she set her stuff down and the whole class, including Onew, paid attention to Mr. Park, she shot me a mean glare and quickly sat down. 

I gave myself a confused thought. What just happened...

---------

"And then the Korean War finally came to an end and then----" The bell rang, bringing Onew and me to life. My head was on my wrist but fell off and slammed onto the desk. I opened my groggy eyes. "Geez, about time." I sat back up, stretching my arms and back. I looked over at Onew, who was on the ground again. I giggled. "That pabo dubu."

"Okay class. I expect you to read from chapter 1-3 tonight and we'll have a pop quiz when I see you again." Everyone groaned in exhaustion. And it's the first day of school too! I gathered my stuff into my bag and stood up, throwing the straps over my shoulders to carry. 

"Laters, Onew. I got Calculus next," I sighed. 

"Laters, Soomi! See you at the usual spot?" Onew quickly stood up and gathered his stuff as well. I nodded to him. "Well I hope I have class with Chansung and Sungmin! It's art!" Before I could nag at him about checking out CL, he burst out the doors. I sighed and I followed on out, getting to class myself.

"Yah! You're Lee Soomi, huh?" I turned around. Who ever speaks to me, obviously doesn't know me too well. I saw that it was the new student. What was that name...uh...Sulli? Before I could greet her, she shoved passed me and said something. "Don't be touching my oppa. You got that?" I looked after her, completely surprised. What oppa? Onew? Ewww whatever. I walked out of the door, not caring one bit of what she said.

-Alex's POV-
I looked at my schedule and back at the room door number. Alright! I got the same math teacher! I walked in and smiled at the teacher. It was Changmin-nim. "Anneyeonghaesayo, Changmin-nim!" I smiled happily at him. "I didn't know you were teaching Calculus this year!"

"Haha, you're funny Alexander-shi! Well I just so happen to got the lucky new subject to teach! I promise it won't be hard like last year," he whispered. 

I chuckled, "Give me a break! You never really made learning any easier!" We always joked with each other. He's one of my favorite teachers to go to, because he never really took jokes seriously and maybe joked around as well. Plus he was cool.

"Why don't you go pick a seat. Today I'm letting everyone pick their seats." I smiled and quickly ran over to the best seat in the room, the last seat, of the last row, right next to the window. 

"Omo! Well if it isn't Miss Soomi again," Changmin-nim announced, as everyone was also gathering through the door. Soo...Mi? I looked up and there she was. My heart started beating fast. I didn't know why, but it just was. I became very excited but kept a cool face. 

"Yo! Soomi! Right here!" I called out, coolly, gesturing the seat in front of me. She looked up and a smile drew onto her face. "Oppa!" and she quickly took her seat in front of me. "I can't believe we have the same class for the third year in a row!" I grinned at her.

“I know right? Isn’t this how we met too?” she smiled at me. I nodded, remembering the first time we met.

-Flashback-

“Anneyeonghaesayo, I am Lee Soomi. Please treat me well…” a girl stood in front of the classroom, looking really shy. I looked out the window, boredly.

“Please go sit in front of Mr. Alexander,” Changmin-nim kindly spoke up. My ears perked a bit. Eh? No one ever dares to sit in front of me. All the girls shot glares to her. Maybe she’ll sit somewhere else. But then again. I smirked to myself. Well, I could always scare her away with my gaze. I looked up at her as she approached the seat in front of me.

As class was getting started, she gazed at the chair and up at me. I gave her my cold gaze. “You got a problem where you’re sitting at?”

“An-niyo…It’s just that…” she trailed off.

“What?”

She sat down quickly and shook her head, “Nevermind…” I shrugged and looked out the window. I’m not interested in people who get scared easily.

“POP QUIZ!” Changmin-nim yelled out.

I grinned to myself. I doubt the new kid could keep up to Changmin’s pace. Hope she could change classes real soon. I pulled out my pencil bag and looked through it. But there was nothing but pens in it. EH!?! Then I shuffled through my backpack and there was none. What!? BWOH!! Dammit! Umma must have taken it.

“Do you need a pencil?” I looked up, after hectically looking for my pencils.

“Remember class, if you use a pen, you’ll get 20 points deducted from your actual score!” Changmin-nim announced. I gulped. I didn’t want to seem desperate but I always needed a perfect score in his class.

I played off my cool expression, “Yes, I actually do. Do you mind if I borrow one?”

“Sure, pick one from my pencil bag,” she turned around and opened her bag up. I looked in and it was all girly and pink. I mentally gagged to myself. I looked through it but they didn’t seem to any use to me. I hate all these mechanical pencils. Where the hell is she from? I looked up at her, “Don’t you have any better ones?”

“I’m passing out the test! Are you done over there, Mr. Alexander?” Changmin-nim questioned me. I nodded, “Almost!” “Well hurry up!” “OKAY!”

She lifted up a pencil from her desk, “Well I hav----“

“I’ll take it!” I automatically grabbed it. Not only was I in a hurry, but it had…a fox charm on it.

“Yah! That’s my lucky pencil!” she grabbed my wrist. I glared at her. “No one touches me!” I growled under my breath.

“I don’t care! That’s my lucky pencil! SO GIVE IT BACK!” she grabbed the pencil. But I refused to let go, not while that fox charm was still on it.

Then we fell on the ground, tackling one another. Pulling our hairs, pushing each other’s faces into the ground, just to get the pencil.

“STOP IT!” Changmin-nim separated us. He smacked both our head and ordered us to the principal’s office.

After visiting the principal and sentenced to cleaning the garden right after school. We didn’t speak to each other. But when we met up in the garden, in the back of the school, I didn’t realize I still had her pencil. “Thanks a lot jerk! You could have just taken any other pencil but noooo you had to use my lucky one.”

“Not my fault that you really wanted your lucky pencil. You could have used your other pencils as well,” I picked up trash and threw it in the bin.  

Then it was silent.

“Can I have my pencil back?” she asked, trying to fill up the emptiness between us. I pulled out the pencil from my pocket and looked at her. I hesitantly tried to give back the pencil, but couldn’t.

“YAH!”

“I’m sorry! It’s just…” I was embarrassed to say anything. Ever since middle school has started for me, I was known as a tough person with good looks. And with that dignity living with me, I can’t allow anyone to know about me…liking cute little animals like foxes for example.

She smirked, “Let me guess. You like it don’t you?” I looked up shocked. “Know what? Keep it. It’s not like I totally needed it. Looks like you like it more than I do. Keep it.” I smiled and thanked her. Then we finished cleaning up.

The next day I realized she had more fox stuff and I kept asking her if I could have them. She happily gave them to me, but with a little price. But I didn’t mind. As long I had it, but no one knew I liked it.

Soon enough we became friends and hung out. But I wasn’t her first friend. But that’s okay. A friend will always be a friend. Despite feelings.

-End of Flashback-

“Come on people! We don’t have time to waste! We have a practice quiz to go over!” Changmin-nim spoke happily. Everyone groaned in agony. More quizzes? This teacher obviously couldn’t make our lives any fun.

“Yah! Pabo!” Soomi flicked my forehead.

“OW! What you stupid girl!?” I rubbed my forehead.

“At lunch, wanna go to the bakery?” she smiled happily. I gave her a look, like “are you crazy girl? It’s the first day of school!” look.

“Come on! It’ll be quick! Just need to buy some cupcakes,” she said.

“Nope! Can’t! I promised myself to stop leaving the school campus,” I turned her down.

“Come on! Lookie what I have~,” she cooed. I looked at her hand to see what she was holding. And I nearly gasped. She started to wave it around my face. It was a limited addition tokidoki fox cell phone charm! (A/N: there is no tokidoki fox but I do imagine that it would be really really cute)

I almost gave in when Chansung walked in. “Yah! Bad Soomi! You can’t persuade him this time!” He swiped the charm away. “Plus don’t you still have cupcakes from the guy this morning?”

Soomi pouted. “Yah! I want more though!”

“Well too bad! You can’t do that to Alex here. He’s actually trying his best to be a good kid. Here you go Alex!” and he dropped the charm in my hand. I happily attached it to my cellphone, right before Soomi realized what had happened.

“You got class with us?” Soomi crossed her arms, out of disappointment.

“Well duh! Looks like this year is getting even better,” he smiled happily. I nodded and admired my charm. It’s so pretty.

-Lunchtime-

-Onew’s POV-
Where are those guys? Second period shouldn’t have been that exhausting. I waited for them, in the cafeteria, so we could get our food together and head to our room.

Right when I was about to give up on them and head to the fried chicken line, there they were. One by one, Soomi running in first, then Alex admiring his cell phone, then Chansung chasing our little Soomi into the place. And then last was Sungmin.

“Yah! What took you guys so long?” I nearly nagged at him.

“Sorry Jinki hyung! We were trying to stop Soomi from leaving school for the bakery again,” Alex looked up at me.

“How many times have I told you? JINKI isn’t my name! It’s ONEW! GET IT RIGHT!?!”

“Whatever DUBU!” Alex exaggerated it. I rolled my eyes. “Let’s just go get in line before all the food is gone!”

“Onew oppa! Tell Chansung to STOP PICKING ME UP!” Soomi struggled.

“Chansung, you gotta stop doing that!” I patted his head. “We know that Soomi has working legs. So she gotta walk one way or another.”

“I know, but then again. What if someone tries something on her?”

“Just let her down,” I rubbed my temples. He nodded and let her down.

“Thank you, Dubu! You’re my hero! Let’s go!” Soomi ordered all of us. I nodded.

But before we moved any further, a girl called out to Chansung.

“HWANG CHANSUNG!” We all turned around and I saw the new transfer student running towards us.

“Hey! Isn’t that---“

Before I could finish, she had ran up to Chansung. “Oppa! I’m back!” and pulled down the confused Chansung into a kiss, leaving all of us in complete shock. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

hello~ it's rukia1335! YAY!!!

i'm sorry if i took so long to update for ya! and sorry if this was a boring chapter~

but anyways~ this is something that i always wanted to update, but never seem to have to time to

but look at that! now that's how you start off your final year at school, huh? LOL

well i hope you enjoyed it and please do comment and subscribe!

thank you!

copyright date: (8/12/2011)