07 - UNWARRANTED

U N W A R R A N T E D

 


. C H A P T E R   S E V E N .


 

 

It is the first time Chansung ever lays eyes on this woman. But how is it possible that the mere sight – even thought – of her being touched and hurt by another man aches him so much, he just storms into the scene without any hesitation.

He pulls the man by his coat away from the still sobbing woman, throwing a clenched fist on the air. His punch lands on the man’s face, and now his nose bleeds. He grabs him by his collar, and again, another punch lands on his face, harder this time. In fact it is so hard that now his whole body is thrown into the other lane of the alley, his face throbbing with so much pain. “What the hell?” The man, now on his knees, cries in pain. He can almost feel his nose shatter into pieces.

Chansung responds with a hiss, and then pushes the man against the wall, strangling him with his arm. He looks into the man’s eyes, so utterly ugly and disgusting. That moment all he wanted to do was kill this man, choke him to death so he ends up where he really belongs: in hell.

But the sound of the woman sobbing in the background interrupts his thoughts. He turns to look at her, a twinge of pain occupying his chest. He is so angry with himself. Why? Why is he aching so much at the sight of this woman so weak and crying? He can’t bring himself to understand why his chest is in so much pain looking at her. He hates himself for not knowing the reason for his anger, his sudden feeling of possession over this woman.

Chansung winces in pain, and turns to look at the man again. “Apologize.” He mutters in a low voice, throwing the man on his knees in front of the woman. “Apologize or I will kill you!” He roars in rage, nerves forming on his temples.

“I’m sorry!” The man almost cuts him off, crying, though still trying to catch his breath. “I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again, I promise!”

Chansung slips his hand inside the man’s coat, as if feeling for something. He gets hold of a leather wallet and opens it, searching for something. “You better not go anywhere near her.” He takes a glance at his ID inserted in his wallet. “Because I know your name now, Kang Daesung.” He pushes him away, as if getting rid of him. Chansung scoffs, and the man starts running, disappearing into the dark alley.

Yeeun falls into the damp ground sobbing in shock, her knees falling in weakness. Chansung nears her, slowly closing the distance between them. He bends over, reaching his hand out as if lending her help.

She doesn’t respond.

“Miss? Are you okay?” He looks into her eyes, so sullen and distant. A familiar glint in the corner of her eyes sends chills over his body. It’s as if he’s looked into those same grey eyes before. 

 



 

 

. A U T H O R  N O T E S .

 

Yikes. It's been what... months? Since I last updated? And I give you this for an update? A good for nothing chapter. I know I know. I've been wanting to make this longer but it's been ages since I kind of cut myself off from writing and left this chapter hanging. I just could'nt bring myself to continue writing this chapter. The result was always ugly. So I decided to give you this, and continue writing for chapter 8 (which will be out soon). Just so you know, I'm definitely not abandoning this. This is just too precious to be left behind. The storyline is perfect in my head and the characters are not doing so bad.

I'm really sorry for making you guys wait for a long time. I hope you are not growing impatient (though at this point, you have all the reason to be). A lot of things are happening with school and WonderPM hasn't been happening lately, I kind of lost inspiration. Good thing I always have my ChanEun videos at handy. They keep me from abandoning this.

It's been a struggle writing fictions lately, but hey, I'm back! I always love you guys! Thank you for everything and please forgive me with this really short chapter!

PS. I don't mean to insult Daesung. I love Daesung! But he really does look creepy to me sometimes and while I was describing the drunk man in my head, I kept imagining him. Lol sorry Dae.

Song Inspiration: Nevermore