Day 2

10 Days

 

Day 2 – Mir

--

“I don’t like them Minho.”

Minho glared at Taemin from across the kitchen island. “I don’t care.”

“Minho—” Taemin paused, he bit the inside of his cheek, unsure if he should continue or not. “They’re all creeps Minho.”

“Key’s known Jonghyun since they were kids Taemin. Dongwoon was his roommate and Mir saved his life.”

Taemin let out an annoyed huff. “Key wasn’t going to get hit by that bus Minho.”

“You don’t know that Min!” Minho yelled, slamming both of his hands on the table. “You don’t ing know that.”

Taemin sank down in his seat. He looked down at his coffee. He and Onew hadn’t slept much; Minho’s sobbing had kept them up. They knew that he had tried to keep quiet as best as he could but sadly, he had failed.

He sighed. His morning classes were in two hours, Onew had work soon, and Minho looked like the walking dead.

All in all, he was tired. They all were.

“This isn’t the best way to start a Monday morning,” He said, giving Minho an apologetic look. “It’s just; you know full well that they’ve all liked him. I think they still do.”

Minho tensed. “Yeah, I know.”

Taemin gave Minho a sad smile. “Key loves you Minho. Only you.”

Minho gave him a small smile. “They’re my friends too Min.”

He sighed.

“I know.”

--

“He said he was going to a friend’s house right.”

Minho nodded. “Yeah. His friend had moved. So he was going to help them. I don’t know who. Taemin interrupted him before I could hear a name.”

He rubbed his temple. He had promised himself that he would work on the foreigner’s case all day. He even skipped lunch to continue working on it. He needed to find a lead so it could be transferred to another department.

But yet here he was. In his office with Jonghyun,  Dongwoon, and Joon, talking about none other than Key.

Dongwoon scoffed. “That red haired guy is annoying. Always messing up.”

“Lay off will you. He’s my friend,” Minho said, giving Dongwoon a look of annoyance. “He’s also Key’s best friend.”

Joon smiled. “I don’t know Dongwoon. I kinda like him. He’s feisty when he wants to be.”

“Are we here to talk about Taemin or Key?”

All eyes turned to Jonghyun. He pushed himself off the wall. “All we need to do is find out which of Key’s friends have moved. It’s not hard.”

Minho sighed. “I only know the friends he’s introduced me to.”

Dongwoon nodded. “Not hard at all.”

--

Minho walked down the corridors of the agency. He needed to see Mir. All day he had told himself to focus on his own case. The faster he got it done the faster he could help with Key’s case.

Still, how could he focus when the man he loved, the man he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, was missing?

He smiled and bowed at the janitor that had pointed at his watch. It was late, Minho knew that. The sun had already set and no one but the janitors were present in the building, save him and Mir.

He saw Mir’s door up ahead, slightly opened, letting light spill into the hallway. He walked faster. He never was a patience person.

“No. I don’t care what you do. Keep him quiet. Just don’t hurt him.”

Minho stopped, right hand raised, ready to open the door. He knew he shouldn’t have eavesdropped but curiosity got the better of him. He stepped back and pressed himself against the wall.

“No! Shut up and listen to me! Just, just keep him locked in the room. It’s not like he can open the door.”

He heard Mir sigh. His leather chair squeaking loudly as it rolled across the room.

“No. Just keep him quiet. We can’t let anyone find out that he’s there. I’ll be there in about an hour.”

 Minho felt something bubbling up in his stomach, something unpleasant. Hurt, anger, betrayal, confusion. Every emotion rushed through his body. He didn’t want to believe it. He couldn’t.

He heard Mir slam the phone down.

“Son of a . Why does he never listen to me and where the hell is Minho.”

Minho stayed pressed against the wall. He had to calm down. Mir could be talking about anything. Mir would never kidnap Key and lock him in a room.

He waited a few more minutes, trying his best to calm himself down. He walked inside Mir’s office. The smell of strawberry’s filled his nose.

“Minho! Finally. I thought you had left.”

Minho shook his head. “No, I was busy.” He sat across from Mir, resisting the urge to reach over and snap the other male’s neck.

“I couldn’t find anything today. You didn’t give me much to work with either. Also the list of friends you know about is nonexistent.”

Minho nodded.

“Uh, none of his friends have moved. Including us,” Mir said the last part with a little uncertainty. “Not that I don’t trust the other guys. But you know how it is in our field of work, don’t rule out anyone until you have the last puzzle piece.”

Minho nodded once again.

“I’m going out tomorrow. I’ll visit Key’s friends. Hopefully they have a bigger list of names.”

Minho flinched.

Mir frowned. “No offense.”

“So that’s it?”

“Pretty much. Sorry, man.”

Minho stood up and bowed. “Thanks. I’m going home.”

He turned and walked out of Mir’s office.

His fists were still clenched.

--

 Minho didn’t know what to think. The very thought that one of his closest friends could have kidnapped Key had made him sick to his stomach.

He smacked his forehead against the top of his steering wheel. The confusion was too much. He needed to make sure that Mir hadn’t kidnapped Key.

That’s why he was parked in the Super Mart parking lot, waiting for Mir to come out. He had to do it.

He sat up when he saw Mir walk out of the store. He had a large bag on his shoulder. Soil? Pet food? He squinted his eyes, cursing when he couldn’t make out what was written on the bag; he had parked too far away.

Minho waited a few minutes before pulling out and following after Mir. Every stop sign was agonizing. Every stoplight painful.

He prayed the whole way.

Prayed to be wrong.

--

Never in his life had he imagined stalking his best friend. But then again, he had never thought that his best friend would kidnap his boyfriend.

The hallways of the apartment complex were so familiar to Minho. He remembered weekends where he came over to watch soccer with Mir. Sometimes he just came to get away from Key.

He felt a pang in his chest. He regretted the days where he purposely spent time away from Key.

Minho heard Mir open the door to his apartment. He couldn’t move until Mir was inside. If he turned the corner now he would be caught.

Once he heard the slam of the door he moved. He felt like he was going to throw up. He stopped in front of Mir’s door, pressing his ear to it.

“I told you to keep him quiet!”

“Well what was I supposed to do?”

“Feed him? Did you think of that?”

“Why are we even together!?”

A loud barking started inside the apartment, causing the yelling to stop.

“I can’t believe you forgot to feed the dog. He’s probably starving by now. You know we could get kicked out if they find out we have him here.”

Minho stepped back from the door. He slid down to knees, silent sobs causing his body to violently shake.

He was disgusted with himself. How could he have thought that Mir would kidnap Key? How could he have thought that any of his friends would kidnap Key?

Another wave of silent sobs rocked his body. This time because of guilt.

Because he wanted Mir to have kidnapped Key. He had wanted to go in there and beat the life out of Mir.

At least then, Key would be with him again.

--

End of Day 2

--

 

Uff. I need sleep. I don't know why I upload and then proof read. I really need to stop that :( Anywho here it is! ^^ Sorry its late but this chapter and my plot outline for this story are gone :( I might have accidently deleted them. OTL

Give me your thoughts. I felt like this chapter was poo. Everything was better in my head. lol This was so short :( I'm sorry. I really needed that plot outline. I had all my chapters planned out D: Oh well. I guess this means I can change everything muahahaha.

BUT WHO DO YOU THINK KIDNAPPED KEY!? WAIT! WAS KEY EVEN KIDNAPPED!?!? WHAT IF IT WAS A RANDOM MURDER AND I'M JUST PUTTING YOU AND MINHO THROUGH ALL THIS AGONY? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW! >:D

Well, I guess you will know. Once we get to Chapter 10, everyone will know :D

You can find me there if you ever want to talk -----> Here 

Tell me what you think! ^^;

~Bug/Snacks/Okashii/Sleeeppp