Nothing more, nothing less

Her Twisted Love Story (semi-hiatus)

Baekhyun’s POV

It was one of those late night practices that I felt like giving up. The sweat coming from my forehead dripped on the cold floor. I could feel my breathing get heavier by the second. I was a singer, not a dancer. I closed my eyes, wiped my sweaty forehead off, but my body told otherwise. I slumped on the floor.

I heard the others follow assent, Chanyeol face first on the floor. Guess, I wasn’t the only one who’s tired.

“Fine, take a break.” Our choreographer said.

Cheers erupted from our group, Suho stood up and began tossing water bottles and towels at us. I sat up, caught a bottle and gulped the whole drink. Chanyeol sat beside me, a towel hanging on his head.

“sup.” He said.

I chuckled and raised a thumb. “Good.”

“You still haven’t told me what happened during the dinner date.”

“There’s nothing to tell.” I took the towel and wiped my sweaty face.

“Are you sure? You two made quite a commotion.” Chanyeol wiggled his brows. I rolled my eyes and whacked him with the towel.

“YAH!”

“Do me a favor and shut up.”

“Psh. I know how you actually like Chaemin sunbae. It’s too obvious.” He smugly announced.

“It’s no less than a fake relationship, Yeol. No more, no less. You already know that.” I replied.

Chanyeol grew silent for a while; I was beginning to think I’d offend him in a way, but suddenly, he spoke. “I know. But you know, you’ll have to be a good boyfriend. Pretend you care even if you don’t. You have to give her all the support she’ll ever need, their comeback is in a few week, same with ours.”

“Anyway, the media’s always watching your every move. So be careful.” After that, he stood up and went to get another water bottle.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

 

It was past two o’clock in the morning when we got back to the dorm, I was so tired I didn’t even think of changing clothes. I slumped on the bed, face first. Suddenly, Chanyeol’s words echoed in my mind. Then again, I remembered how rude she was back at the dinner. She could’ve atleast showed a little value to me.

I sighed. Well, who was I in her life anyway? I was nobody. With that, I fell asleep and thought of the day ahead.

I was having the best sleep when I felt the sunlight hit my eyes. I winced and covered my face with my other pillow, but it was missing. Damn, Chanyeol. I opened my eyes and made it adjust to the room.

I glanced at my watch. It was past noon already. I went out of bed and went inside the bathroom.

Done with changing, I went out of the dorm and jogged to the café across the road. Not many people were there, seeing it was lunchtime. But, I’ve always had this habit of visiting his café whenever I woke up late. I’d never miss a coffee or frappe.

I pushed the clear doors open and stepped inside. The sweet aroma of coffee blended with the freshly baked bread hit my nose. I went to the counter. The old man who was always behind the it, smiled at me.

“The usual?” he asked.

I smiled back and nodded. He motioned me to sit down, so I did. I sat on the spot I always took whenever I was here. Boredom was getting into me, so I began tapping my fingers on the table and hummed to our song.

I stopped humming when I heard the chimes, someone was oddly disguised. As she (seeing as she had long hair) walked herself towards the counter, I saw who it was. My mouth went dry. What was she doing here?