Santa Claus

Unknowingly Sweet

[Jang Wooyoung’s POV]

I watched with an amused eyebrow raised as Jieun’s face contorted in anger, squeezing her eyes shut in process while throwing the note back.

Not a good idea.

I scoffed and eyed the paper flying through the air, crossing my arms, certain that it wouldn’t touch me.

Now there’s the good news, and the bad news.

The good news? I was right. The note completely missed me.

The bad news? It hit it’s unsuspecting victim in the eye- my poor partner, Taecyeon, who was sitting on my left. A loud yell followed by a few choice words were enough to wake everyone up and attract attention to his splendidly red eye.

Mr Lee crossed his arms, glaring at him. “Taecyeon-ssi, is there anything interesting you might want to add to my lesson?” A few snickers came from the front. “Meet me after lesson.”

Inconclusion: Taecyeon was going to get detention.

Consequences: His motorcycle was going to get confiscated and he would be sentences to a week of cleaning the house while wearing a flowery, pink apron.

I patted his arm sympathetically, trying to comfort him as he sat there with his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish. His mother was nice, but rather harsh at dishing out punishment for her kid. His reply was an evil glare to remind me that it was partially my fault.

Shrugging in apology, I picked up Jieun’s note which had fallen to the ground. Ant-bully? Great comeback.

Wow. Ant-bully. Very creative range of vocabulary you have. It isn’t a compliment, by the way. And by ‘cutting off my prize jewels’ as noted from your latest reply, are you planning to cut off your future generation with me?

~Wooyoung

I grinned as I threw the scrunched-up paper back, hitting her head successfully. Her body tensed up when it knocked on her head and turned around, with her face fire-engine red. She took a longer time to reply and my mind wandered around the classroom, taking note of random things- a girl was sleeping with wide open, saliva pooling at the table; a boy sleeping behind his textbook; etc. Since I was sitting at the topmost row, I could see what everyone was doing. Mostly everyone.

Eventually, Mr Lee’s balding scalp caught my eye and I nodded sadly at a large patch without hair at the top. Sad.

I saw the note soaring back towards me at the corner of my eye and held my hand out. The paper landed on my palm with Jieun scowling at it when it did. I read her reply, wrote my own, and sent it flying to her in record time. It landed on her desk this time. No point in aggravating her.

Whatever jerk. Who says I want to have babies with you? I’d rather poke out my eyeball with the pen I’m holding now.

~Jieun

Wouldn’t that hurt like, a lot? That’s stupid. Self-inflicting pain is ridiculous. By the way, you’d better say sorry to Taec after lesson before he decides to clobber you. He looks murderous right now.

~Wooyoung

OH HO! OH HO HO. OH HO HO HO HO. It’s YOUR fault and you’re telling ME to apologise?

~Jieun

What’s with the ‘ho ho’s? What are you? Santa Claus? And how in the universe is it MY fault? Santa Claus, you really need to have your own self-reflection before you tell little kiddies to self-reflect in order to get their Christmas presents. Where’s your Christmas Spirit?

~Wooyoung

It’s not even Christmas, giant. Just to inform you, giants don’t get Christmas presents. They aren’t exactly classified as ‘children living on Earth’. More like ‘the giant who has a golden egg and lives in a castle on top of the clouds.’

You made me mad! I got angry, so I threw the note at you without looking. It’s your fault for making me angry in the first place.

~Jieun

It’s more like Jack and the Beanstalk you’re talking about. Not all giants have golden eggs to look after.

FYI, you said so yourself that YOU threw the note. Do the math.

~Wooyoung

And how do you know not all giants have golden eggs? Oh wait. Because you are one. HAR HAR HAR.

I’m so not going to apologize.Fine, I’ll apologize.

~Jieun

Great logic. Wow. Absolutely astounding.

Finally, you accept that you’re wrong -.-

~Wooyoung

She didn’t reply after that, which was alright with me since the bell rang to signal the end of Physics a few seconds later. Everyone rushed to gather their things, ready to escape from the hell hole when Mr Lee held out his hand, motioning for us to keep quiet so he could speak.

“Please study for the test week. And you,” He paused to point at Taecyeon. “We’re going to have a nice, cosy chit-chat here.” He patted his desk almost lovingly. Taecyeon gagged at his seat  next to me. “Alright. Class dismissed.”

“Good luck. Hope I won’t see you in your mother’s trademark pink apron the next time we hang out at your house.” I joked and tilted my body to the side, narrowly missing the punch he threw towards me by a few centimeters.

Now, I, being the extremely nice good friend that I am, decided to forgo recess and wait for Taecyeon to come out. Leaning against the wall, I took out a piece of paper to jot down my music homework that was due after recess.

Our homework was to compose a set of lyrics for an instrumental version of a song. I had saved the instrumental version in my IPod so I plugged my earphones in. Now, before you start lecturing me about how I should’ve done my homework the day before, please bear in mind that I’m a professional at coughing my homework out at the last minute. In fact, the homework I do last minute is much better than the ones I do days before the deadline. Especially when it comes to composing lyrics.

After listening to the instrumental a few times, words formed in my mind and I decided on a title- You And I. Quickly jotting down the sentences in that absurdly cursive handwriting of mine, I didn’t notice someone was in front of me until he cleared his throat.

Correction. It’s not a he, but a she- Jieun. If Jieun was a guy, then I’d be a gay. That’s gross. I chuckled softly as I thought of a boy version of Jieun. Crazy.

“What?” Jieun clipped out, glaring at me.

I snorted before replying, “Nothing, Santa Claus. Just thinking of you in a boy version.”

“Yah! Who are you calling ‘Santa Claus’?!”

“Oh, I don’t know. The one who is fat, has a white beard, wearing red- you.” I laughed as Jieun’s face began to turn red, matching the vibrant red of the shirt she was wearing today. 

 “FYI, I don’t have a white beard. And I’m NOT fat. If I’m fat, you’re obese, you pig!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL. Here's the second chapter ^_^ Hope you think it's okay.

@ HanleyraNa28: YEA I LOVE DARAGON <3 LOL. I likes woou first, but after finding out about daragon, I liked it more ^_^ But it's sad there isn't many woou fics around... At least there's lotsa daragon fics! :D Are you a daragon lover too?

Love, skyhigh-x.

Comments are appreciated <3