Memories. LUFFY. FLUFFY.

Happy Virus

 

“So where are we off to next jagiya?” He told me excitedly when I paid for our meal at the cashier with him toying the tips of my hair behind me. “Do you want to walk around the campus? I could give you a tour. Watch your head.” I quickly warned him when we stepped out of Rodic’s Diner. Chanyeol ducked his head as he followed me and straightened up when he was completely outside the establishment. He took my hand once more while we walked outside the shopping center. I stumbled a bit when I felt myself reeling back to him with my back colliding to his chest. I peered over my head and saw my boyfriend staring at something once more. “Ice cream.” He muttered to himself like a zombie and I had to contain my laughter. Really, some girls worry that when their boyfriends’ attention is grabbed by something else other than themselves, it’s because they think their boyfriends’ are looking at other girls. Not my boyfriend. He’s too busy ogling food to notice other girls. “YAH. Park Chanyeol.” I started with a reprimanding tone. “You just ate lunch. You can’t have ice cream.” Chanyeol whined pitifully at me and since I was leaning my back to his chest, he had every opportunity to wrap me in his arms and sway me side to side to convince me to buy him his precious ice cream. “Ja – gi – ya~ let oppa have his ice cream. Please?” He sang to me while he squeezed my waist in his hold. I was beet red from his unabashed display of affection that was catching the attention of passerby’s. “ARGH.” I growled at him, giving up to his pleas. I made my way to the ice cream vendor at the far end of the hallway but with difficulty. Like awhile ago, Chanyeol refused to let me go so we looked like a couple of idiots waddling our way towards the ice cream vendor. The man greeted me when we approached him and I gave him enough money for two ice cream cones. He thanked the man in an accented Tagalog and grabbed the cone the vendor offered him without waiting for me to grab my own. I rolled my eyes at him and my own cool creamy delight as we walked hand by hand once more.

 

I decided to show him the building I used to frequent because most of my classes were held there. Chanyeol smiled politely to the people who looked at him curiously and tried to appear as invisible as possible to people who did a double take on him. “You’re such a big distraction to people.” I giggled at him when a girl openly gaped at my boyfriend as we passed by. Chanyeol coughed awkwardly and tried to shake off the uncomfortable feeling enveloping him as people continued watched us. Another trait of his that made me love him more, despite his friendly personality Chanyeol can still be very shy to people especially now that he’s a popular singer internationally and not only in Korea. Chanyeol sighed at my comment instead of making a teasing remark in return which meant that he really wasn’t at all comfortable on all the attention he was unintentionally drawing to himself. I took a pity on him and directed him outside the building with a warm smile at him. “Aish, you’re so tall, people are so amazed. Don’t you know that there aren’t many tall people in Manila?” I told him in a joking manner to lift his spirit. A small chuckle escaped his lips and I winked at him while we continued on walking. “How could I forget? You were so shocked and amazed when you first met me. You were so awed at the fact that I was so tall and good looking.” He boasted at me as we stopped at the sunken garden after walking aimlessly around the campus. I rolled my eyes at him and retorted, “Yeah right. More like amazed at the fact that you’re actually 22 years old when you have a mental capacity of a five year old.” He gave an indignant sound but I had to grin at what he did next. Chanyeol took off the jacket he was wearing to set it down on the ground before he ushered me to sit on top of his jacket with him sitting beside me. “Thank you.” I whispered to him gratefully. “Hmm? Why?” He asked me, genuinely unsure of why I was thanking him. I just simply shook my head and leant it on his shoulder as we basked in silence watching our surroundings. “Do you remember when we first met?” I asked him quietly with our fingers intertwined together. “Mmm! I really owe Sun Mi noona for that.” He replied happily, reminiscing in his head how we first met.

 

Cho Sun Mi was is my room mate back in Seoul at the dorm I was staying in while I finished my under graduate course in EWHA Woman’s University. She was a Philosophy major while I majored in Visual Communication Design. Our personalities weren’t that far off but we also had differences that made living together fun and interesting each day. About 3 years ago, she introduced me to her friends from High School who was going to visit her and one of them was Park Chanyeol. During that time Chanyeol was a trainee already for SM Entertainment. We hung out a couple of times and didn’t date until a few weeks after we were introduced to each other. At first we didn’t take the dating thing seriously until we hit the six months mark when Chanyeol confessed to me that he wanted us to become exclusive. From then on we’ve been together and I must say that I had the most amazing three years with him.

 

“And how do you repay her? By constantly staying over our place disturbing her peace as if you don’t have your own dorm.” I said in a teasing manner, nudging his side. “You know that I have to stay at your place often. Our son will have separation anxiety if I don’t. We can’t have him getting daddy issues this early now.” Chanyeol told me mock seriously while he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes at his reminder of our supposed, “son.”

 

On our third date, the two of us found out that we were both anime fans after he bragged about having an amazing collection of One Piece merchandise back at his place. Chanyeol told me that he has this big stuff toy version of Luffy which he bought through his savings from his allowance which was my favourite character in the entire series. The date we had after that, he brought his stuff toy with him wrapped in a big bow and then gave it to me. “Tada~ I want you to have him. I bet Luffy would love to stay with you more than with me.” He told me with a boyish grin after he made me hug the big stuff toy in my arms.

 

“Luffy loves me more than you. He won’t notice your disappearance that much.” I said, teasing Chanyeol which he grumbled at with a gruff voice. “No. HMPH.” He removed his arm from its position in my shoulder, crossing his arms across his chest. “LUFFY LOVES HIS DADDEEEHHHH.” He whined at me with a scowl on his baby face. “Nope. He told me when you didn’t go to my dorm one time that he doesn’t care if you don’t come back.” I told him casually, adding fuel to the fire. And as expected, I saw my boyfriend’s scandalized face directed at me. “LIES!” He cried petulantly at me with a pout. To appease him because I know that Chanyeol WILL do something childish like throw a tantrum in a public place if I continue on pushing his buttons, I began singing to him the chorus to Big Bang’s song, Lies. And yes, complete with the hand movements as well. Thankfully that made him smile once more and sing along with me. “Oppa! Rap Top’s part, please?” I begged him after I finished singing. He didn’t hesitate and started rapping and we had fun doing Top’s hand movements to that part of that song. By the time Chanyeol finished rapping, we were laughing our asses off at how ridiculous we looked. I leaned once more to him and pinched his side as our laughter died down. Silence enveloped us after that but it wasn’t anywhere near awkward and to be honest moments like these are my favourite with Chanyeol because although he might be boisterous sometimes, he doesn’t find the need to engage in conversation with me all the time and understands that I’m generally a quiet person.