Jeepney

Happy Virus

 

Dot. Dot. Dot.

 

“What?” My boyfriend asked me incredulously in a hushed tone. “I have to do what again?” I grinned at his look of disbelief that was still apparent despite the sunglasses and cap shadowing his face from the rest of the passengers of the jeepney we were riding. “Oppa you have to pull the string to stop the jeep.” I whispered to his ear which wasn’t a hard thing to do considering how close we were sitting because of the jeep being typically packed like a clown car. I pointed to the string in the middle of the jeep’s ceiling. “Oppa hurry, our stop is near already.” I whispered to him hurriedly with a slight squeeze to the hand I was holding, situated at my boyfriend’s lap. His long, slender arm shot out and his fingers grasped the small string to tug it down. The whole jeep came to a halt with the people inside the jeepney swaying at the sudden motion but thinking nothing much of it. I unclasped our hands together and made my way outside with him following behind me. I had to repress my giggles when I heard him groan out loud and when I looked behind me, I saw my boyfriend, Park Chanyeol nursing his forehead with his lips forming an uncharacteristic frown. “Omo!” I cried while covering my smile with my hand to hide my amusement from him. “What happened oppa?” I asked him as I reached for the hand nursing his forehead to replace it with my own. “I hit my head when I got off the car.” He explained to me sullenly with a pout to his lips. I rubbed his forehead to help ease the pain and without any warning Chanyeol leaned his face to give me a peck to my lips. I blinked my eyes repeatedly in surprise and huffed at his boyish grin when I shook myself from the daze I was in from his sweet display of affection.

 

“So where are we?” He asked me after awhile, looking around our surroundings. His hand automatically entwined in mine and I tugged it in the direction I want to lead him to. “You’ll see it’s a surprise.” I told him secretly, enjoying the unhappy grunt he let out. He never was a fan of surprises unless he’s the one doing the surprising. But unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have a choice but to follow my lead considering that this place IS my turf. This is because in the one and half year my boyfriend has been promoting as a newly debuted artist with EXO – K, this was the first time he was on a break and I wanted to make it special especially since a week from now he’ll be leaving to go on EXO’s world tour and I won’t be able to come with him due to my studies back in Seoul.

 

So here we are, on a one week vacation trip to my homeland, Philippines and right now we’re at my former school, UP Diliman (University of  the Philippines). It was the second day of our trip and I wanted to spend it with him having a food trip and showing him more of my life before I went to Korea. And what better way to do it than go to my previous school where there is a shopping center lined with different food stalls and stores that caters to the need of the students of UP Diliman. I could already picture his doe like eyes widening as he took in his surroundings while I dragged him towards the shopping center. “Jagiya, this is where you used to study?” He whispered to me as he fell into step beside me. I nodded to him and explained to him where we are exactly. His shy smile turned into a full blown grin that caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach at how it made him more adorable, when he found out that we were in the shopping center of the university I used to study in. “So we’re going to eat here?” Chanyeol asked not even bothering to hide his excitement at the idea of food. Aigoo, that’s all that boy thinks about along with anime and sleep, I don’t even think I’m included in that equation.

 

I gave him an indistinct reply as I surveyed the different stores we passed by until I spotted the famous sign of Rodic’s Diner one of my favorite places to eat when I was still studying here. “Tada~” I told him in a singsong voice as I displayed the restaurant to my boyfriend with a flourish. “Welcome to the best place to eat tapsilog in the whole world!”