Chapter 1

The Man and The Loser

 

The Man and The Loser

DreamMachine

 

            He didn’t know why he was sitting there in that bar. It was a desolate place, with very dim lighting and old wood floors that had broken planks. The barstools themselves were worn too, showing its original wood from the chipped paint. Lights flickered frequently creating an eerie atmosphere. The bartender had noticed the boy sitting there and sauntered over to approach him.

 

“So cutie, what will it be tonight?” the bartender asked with a sense of affection in his voice.

 

            There was a stagnant pause, the boy not responding the question addressed to him. His brown eyes were worn, puffy, and there were signs of dark circles. Even though is hair was neatly combed, the bleach and blonde hair dye was starting to grow out; black roots of hair were showing. After taking in a deep breath and letting the air settle into his lungs, he finally answered the question.

 

“Long Island Ice Tea.” The boy replied back curtly.

 

            The bartender rose an eyebrow at the choice. He leaned over the counter and titled his head to the side giving him a curious look.

 

“Sungmin-ah… that is a very strong drink. Are you feeling alright?”

 

            The boy known as Sungmin narrowed his eyes, but his feminine features made the attempted glare look more like a pout.

 

“Leeteuk-hyung, I’m fine. Just give me the drink please. It has been a long day.” Sungmin tried to say with as much politeness he could muster.

 

            Leeteuk adjusted his vest with his slim hands and sighed, moving toward the back so that he could prepare Sungmin’s choice of drink.

 

            Sungmin was too busy staring off into space, his eyes becoming half-lidded. The boy was too far into his own world, so distant that he didn’t even notice Leeteuk set the drink down in front of him. The said bartender crossed his arms before waving a hand in front of Sungmin’s face. Not even that though got Sungmin’s attention. Leeteuk gave a growl of annoyance, thinking that Sungmin was simply ignoring him on purpose. The blonde-haired boy finally took notice of his drink. He nibbled at the pineapple slice that Leeteuk carefully placed on the edge of the glass.

 

            As the spacey character continued to be off in Lala land, a rather well muscled man has taken the spot next to Sungmin. His leather jacket fit nicely around his toned chest. Legs were covered with natural blue denim that seemed worn, but not shredded. Leeteuk glanced at the man, watching him as he arrived in the bar. He quickly recognized the other though and gave him a rather bright smile.

 

“Ah Kangin, lovely to see you as always. What can I get for you today?” Leeteuk asked eagerly.

 

            The man known as Kangin took a look at Sungmin, watching the boy for a moment before pointing to him.

 

“I’ll have what he is having.” Kangin said with a grin.

 

“Do you even known what his drink is?” Leeteuk asked with a smirk across his features.

 

“Eh it doesn’t matter, as long as it has alcohol.” Kangin explained with a laugh.

 

            Leeteuk chuckled at Kangin’s carefree statement and went to go prepare another Long Island Ice Tea. Sungmin finished his drink before Leeteuk left to go fix Kangin’s beverage. He rested his head on his arms, his forehead nearly touching the counter of the bar. Kangin noticed Sungmin’s strange behavior and gently shook his shoulder.

 

“Hey buddy, you know you can’t sleep here or Leeteuk will kick you out.” Kangin said with concern laced into his voice.

 

            Sungmin only made a noise that was muffled by his arms, his head not moving to even face in Kangin’s direction. The alcohol was already starting to affect the blonde-haired boy, his head buzzing a bit. Sungmin made a move to try and stand however he was too tipsy to walk straight. Kangin ran a hand through his dark hair, little tufts sticking out in different directions. He gave a long sigh of disappointment before reaching out to grasp Sungmin’s arm.

 

“Oh come on, you can’t even walk straight. I’ll take you home tonight.” Kangin stated rolling his eyes.

 

            Sungmin bit the inside of his cheek but made no moves to really stop Kangin. He was a bit lonely. Ever since his break up with Sunny he was miserable. Perhaps he was just too dependent on other people… The flood of negative thoughts started to invade his mind and he choked back on a sob. Kangin immediately noticed this and look at Leeteuk, who was just making his way from the back.

 

“Ah… Leeteuk, Could you just put this on my tab? This guy here is a mess and I am going to take him home. Thanks man, you’re the best.”

 

Before Leeteuk could even say anything, Kangin was already dragging the very intoxicated Sungmin out of the dingy underground bar. Leeteuk could only sigh and rub the back of his head, causing his caramel brown hair to become slightly disarrayed.

 

            Kangin lead Sungmin to the next street over, right where his car was parked. He opened the door of his black sports car and gently pushed Sungmin inside, making sure that the smaller man was buckled up. Sungmin was hardly aware of what was going on, his brain still feeling like he was all over the place. As Kangin began to drive, he realized that he didn’t know where Sungmin lived.

 

“Hey, bunny-boy, where on earth do you live?” Kangin asked looking over his shoulder.

 

            However Sungmin now was asleep, tears all dried up on his cheeks. Kangin sighed and just drove to where his own place was. He figured he would just have to explain himself in the morning.

 

This kid… he is going to have a massive hangover in the morning. I guess I better get the meds ready so that he doesn’t feel like .

 

            Kangin looked over at Sungmin once more and found that rather than the grumpy mood that the boy was in earlier, he seemed to have a rather peaceful expression on his face as he slept. The older man swallowed something down nervously and sighed again.

 

Meh… he looks pretty cute like this… I better not wake him up either…

 

A/N: And… I was just going to have this be a oneshot too… Well I guess that isn’t going to happen. Yay for a multi-chaptered fic. I will be making a poster for this too at some point~ Thanks for reading~