One-Sided Love?

One-Sided Love?

Taemin looks back on the days of his childhood. How ever since that day in the nursery, he’s fallen completely in love with Soojung. A one-sided love.  He’s shared so many memories with her and had grown to love her more and more each day. He’s so happy to have all those memories with her, through all the happiness, joy, tears and pain; he’s always been there.

Aside from their sweet childhood, he also remembers the pain of seeing her in the arms of other boys, especially when the list of boys included his very own brother, Jongin. He had always felt that from holding hands in their sleep to growing up side by side in all the same classes during school, it was bound to happen. For his brother’s happiness and her’s, he never said anything about his feelings; but he’s always been there – for them, for her.

As he fixes his tux and his hair one last time before entering the church, he looks around to see all the guest that have shown up for the wedding. He glances around and makes eye contact with Jongin. It was truly a bittersweet moment as he recalled all the memories of their teenage years.

---

He remembers it as if it was yesterday, Jongin had come home super depressed and had locked himself up in his room for most of the night. After he finished studying, Taemin decided to check on his dongsaeng. Once at the door, he knocked once before opening the door. The first thing Taemin saw was Jongin sitting on the edge of his bed, facing the floor, head in his hands. ‘Jongin-ah, you’ve been in here for hours. Are you okay?’

‘I broke up with her,’ was his only reply.

Taemin was shocked, ‘What? You and Soojung?!’ they had been so happy it didn’t make sense to him, ‘Why?’

‘Because hyung i finally came to my senses...... you love her. You always have. I tried to ignore it and pass it off as you being a brotherly figure to her. But I can’t turn my head at the fact that I’m the one taking away your true happiness.’ Said Jongin as he turned to face me. Fresh tears rolling down his face. His words sincere and truthful towards his hyung.Sure they’ve fought, made up and teased each other a lot. But in the end, they’re still brothers and Jongin loves his brother very much.  

Taemin was speechless at this point. Jongin knew? The secret that he had spent most of his life hiding for the both of them, he knew.

‘What do you expect me to do now? Huh Jongin? You plan for me to confess to Soojung right after you broke her heart? Try and make her love her own ex-boyfriend’s brother?!’ Taemin was furious, confused and lost. What was he really supposed to do now?

‘Hyung, i’m not asking you to do anything right now. Let her calm down a bit then go and make her happy again. She’s happy when she’s with you; always when she’s with you.’ Jongin replies.

‘What are you talking about? You guys are always so happy. It’s like life had pegged you two together since the start.’

‘That’s what you think. She loves talking about you, hearing stories about me and you. It’s always been you.’ Jongin sighed, ‘She loves you. Truthfully before we broke up I made her realize who her heart belongs to. It belongs to you.’

‘Whaa—‘

‘Just give her time hyung. She’s confused now but she’ll come to you when she’s ready so just wait. In the meantime put yourself together and get ready for it. As for me, don’t worry. We’re still friends, we just weren’t mean to be lovers. She knows that as much as I do. Maybe we were both just too scared to hurt the other’s heart to say anything.’

Taemin was truly at a loss for words. Jongin knew he loved Soojung. They broke up. Soojung loves him too? This was all too much to handle.  

Seeing the confusion on his hyung’s face, Jongin decided it was now time for him to make his exit. But before he left he turned around to face his brother. ‘You know I’d do anything to keep you happy hyung.’ And with that Jongin flashed his signature smile and left the room.

----

Looking at his dongsaeng now, Taemin noticed how much more handsome he’s become. Jongin left shortly after the incident to pursue his dream at a prestigious dance academy. And, unknown to his hyung, he also felt that it was right for him to leave and give room for Taemin and Soojung's realtionship to grow. As for Taemin, he waited patiently for a month for any word from Soojung who had been avoiding him since the break-up.

She had shown up unexpectedly one day and confessed her feelings for Taemin. Telling him that she was stupid for not realizing who her true love was sooner. She did love Jongin but he wasn’t who she had truly wanted to be with. Since that day, Taemin and Soojung had become the most inseparable couple up until today.

Their wedding day. Surrounded by their closest friends and family, the two became bounded together forever, and forever together they’ll stay.

During the reception when the guests came to congratulate the newlyweds, Jongin walked up to them and smiled. ‘Hyung. Soojungie. Long time no see.’ He said as he flashed his unchanged signature smile.

‘Yeah oppa. How’s our country’s dancing machine doing?’ Soojung joked.

‘Fine. Fine. Thankyou very muchsis.’ Jongin replied back. His smile brighter than ever.

Taemin watched as he dongsaeng and newly wedded wife continued acting as if they were five once again. Just as he was about to get lost into his memories again and voice brought him back.

‘Hyung.’

‘Neh Jongin,’ Taemin smiled at his dongsaeng.

‘Do me a favour, when you guys have kids, don’t name him after me. I don’t want to be the inspiration for your baby’s name.’ Jongin said jokingly. His smile turning into laughter soon after.

‘Don’t worry Jongin-ah. We won’t. Your name is terrible.’ Taemin chuckled when Jongin pouted. ‘Ahaha, see you wanted him to be named after you. How about Kai? Hmm.’

Jongin’s expression immediately brightened up after his hyung mentioned his stage name. Soojung smiled and nodded her head in agreement. ‘Yay ! My nephew will have my name. I will teach him how to dance. He’ll be the best! After me of course.’ Jongin said excitedly.

Taemin laughed at his brother’s childish behaviour and sighed in relief. Some things never change. Taemin’s life was complete. With Soojung by his side and his unbreakable relationship with his brother. Nothing could ever top this feeling.  That is until the day he becomes a proud father with a family of his own. But that’s another story.

 

 

-theend.

 

~~~~

thanks for reading. truthfully this is my first fanfic here and i'd love to hear your thoughts on it >_< 

thankyouu ! ~