What I Would Give To (Alternate Ending)

Directors Cut - I Am My Sister's Memory
This is the alternate ending to the story. The beginning is much the same as the corresponding chapter, but this one is an ending, not a continuation.

____________________________________________

Mi Hyun continued to sit in her darkened living room. Time held no purpose, even as the minutes ticked by.

Minutes turned into hours. And still no Young Bae.

Somewhere in between midnight and the crack of dawn, she fell asleep on the couch. She had stopped crying long before, curled up tightly into a ball.

Once she woke up, she still saw no sign of her husband, but did hear the contuous beeping of her phone, informing her of messages lost. Not a single one came from Young Bae. She went on with her day, more in a daze then in complete focus.

Days passed, and she gradually came out of her stupor. Rarely did she catch sign of Young Bae, except from photos taken or a quick view of his hair as she went around YG Entertainment headquarters. Seungri tried to comfort her, but she simply smiled, brushing him off, bot wanting him to put his loyalties in jeopardy.

Things began to disappear from her apartment, until she finally came home one day, after almost a month of Young Bae leaving, to fin dhim packing up his things.

Mi Hyun approached their bedroom, and watched as he quietly put his things into a box. He didn't acknowledge her, and she made no attempt at saying anything.

She sighed, stepping into the room, "How've you been?"

"Fine...you?" he asked, turning to look at her.

She stared at him, noticing the dark circles under his eyes, choosing not to say anything, "Alright I guess," she walked up to his boxes, "Where are you moving to?"

He shrugged, looking at her slightly slimmer form then the last time he'd seen her, "Back in with the guys," he sighed, "I'm sorry this didn't work out, Mi Hyun."

She brushed him off, looking away as she gently grabbed several of his shirts and placed them into the box. He continued to look at her, noticing the way her clothes huing a bit more then usual on her frame.

"When do you want to finalize the divorce?" he asked quietly, taking a package out of his bag and handing it to her.

Mi Hyun simply stared at him, before grabbing the papers, "You want a divorce? Why?" she choked out.

He shook his head, sitting down, "You deserve to be happy. And with someone who doesn't know your family," he sighed, taking her hand gently, "And even if we did work out through that, I'm not who you need."

She took her hand back, tears stinging her eyes, "And what about you? I'm not a good person either, Young Bae. I should of stopped what happened that night, but I didn't," she sighed, "And I could go on and on about how what I should of done, but what does it stand for? Should of, could of, would of. Same thing. I'm so sorry, Young Bae. For what its worth, I'm so sorry."

He stared at the side of her face, watching the tears rolling down her face freely, looking away as he sighed, "I'm sorry too, Mi Hyun..." he stood up, grabbed his boxes and walked out of the room.

She followed him out of the room, neither saying a word as he took several of things down, before coming back for the last of his things.

He didn't look at her as he stared at the package in her hand, "I know we didn't sign up a prenup because of our families, but," he looked at her, "I won't fight you over what you want, Mi Hyun. You can have the apartment and everything else that wasn't mine before."

She shook her head, sniffling, "It doesn't matter to me. I wasn't in this for the things," she took a pen out, along with the papers as she signed on each line. Handing them back to him, she took her rings off and handed them back to him, "I want to return these to you..."

He stared at them, nodding as he gently took them, pocketing them in his pocket, before turning and walking out the door, "Goodbye, Mi Hyun."

She stared after him, nodding as the door shut, clicking into place as she stood in silence.

__________________________________________________________________

Alright, so this is the alternate ending. I realize its not at all what anyone would expect, but, in reality this could likely happen. That's not to say they can't fix their differences, but they just didn't belong together at this time. Young Bae was too mad, and Mi Hyun gives up. Simple as that.