The News

Royalty Is Not Everything

It was early in the morning when I woke up. Nobody were awake excepted the maids, cooks, and the workers around the palace.

"Good morning miss," said one of the maids, entering my room.

The Mardan Palace, Rooms 

"Good morning."

"Let me guess, you are going out in the woods again?"

"Yes."

"Does your highness and majesty know about this?"

"No, if they do know then they will say, "A lady should not do such a thing. A lady supposed to wear pretty dresses and sit around all day." Plus I will be back here before they wake up," I said, getting out of the bed.

"Just be careful alright?"

"Okay," I said, getting dress.

hungergames_katnissgames2.jpg

I walked out of my room and tip toe out of the palace. I went to the stables and got my horse, Buttercup.

BR200972422411.jpg 

I got on Buttercup and rode towards the woods. Since I was a child I always go into the woods. Mother would say I should not go into the woods because I will get dirty and father would say men will be in the woods and will try to me. About five minutes later I arrived at my destination. The meadow.

10834188-flower-meadow-in-the-woods.jpg 

I discovered this meadow when I was nine years old. I tied Buttercup to the oak tree and sat down in the grass. I always go here in the morning when I want to be myself and think. At the palace I always dress in big dresses and a lot of makeup. I eat what I have to eat, do what I am told, and talk to people that I do not know or like. I just want to be me. A girl that want to eat what she wants, dress like what she wants, to talk to who ever she wants, and marry to who ever she wants. I am not in an arrange marriage yet, but I will when I get older. Mother and father should not let me get marry at a young age. My brothers, Heechul, Hangeng, and Yesung not even married yet and they are twenty one years old.

I must have been thinking a lot because I noticed the sun rising and it is getting sunnier.

"Oh no! I need to get back before mother, father, and oppas notice," I said, untying Buttercup and riding to the palace.

I put Buttercup in the stables and ran quietly to my room. I took off my cloths, put on my nightdress, and jumped in my bed and pretend to sleep. I heard the door creaked opened.

"Mi Yung?" whispered my mother, "She still sleeping." Mother walked towards my bed and shook me, "Wake up sleepy head."

"Good morning mother," I said, sitting up.

"How are you?"

"Good."

"That is good," said mother, "You can come in now."

One of the maids came in and sat my food tray on my bed.

"Wow, breakfast in bed?"

"Well today is a good day."

"Why?"

"Because today is the annual ball and the other reason is a surprise," said mother, smiling.

"Oh okay then," I said, eating.

"After breakfast come down to the throne room. Your father and I will tell you the other good news," said mother, leaving my room.

 

After breakfast and changing clothes, I walked towards the throne room.

throne-room.jpg 

"Good morning Mi Yung," said father.

"Good morning father. What is the news that you and mother want to talk to me about?"

"Sweetie, you are getting married!" said mother, getting up from her throne and walking towards me.

"WHAT?!"