He calls him oppa

(Half-A-Shot) He calls him oppa.

He thought he would be alone but he was wrong. "介绍自己吧,子韬。(Introduce yourself, Zi Tao.)" the SM staff that had earlier picked him up spoke in mandarin then turn to the rest, speaking in that foreign language, Korean. "Make sure you guys welcome him well. I will be back tomorrow morning. He's the group's maknae, by the way." and went off.

 

 

Edison Huang, Huang Zi Tao bowed to the staff as a goodbye and eyed the intimidating-looking group of guys. There were five of them in that studio he was pushed into.
 
So...

 

The shortest one in the group introduced him as Xiu Min. The tallest was named Kris, the thinnest was named Chen, the prettiest-looking guy was called Lu Han and the last one was Lay.


"Xiu..Min..oppa..?" Tao tried his best to sound as confident but instead, ends up squeaking in that foreign language.

 


 
He was never good in Korean; in fact, Zi Tao was never exposed to Korean music before at all. Wushu has been his entire life, ever since he started training at a really young age. Well, and of course rapping. If it wasn't for his love for rapping, Tao would have never thought of stepping into the music industry.

 

Living in Qingdao of China, Zi Tao- the determined boy who knew what he wanted for himself never left any stones unturned and decided to attend every audition there is. Lucky for him, it just so happen that SM Entertainment held one in his city and he got in after topping the freestyle category.

 



"What?" Upon hearing what Zi Tao had just called him, Xiu Min looked at his friends before they all broke into laughter. That made Zi Tao shook in surprise and hid behind the guy he stood closest to, Kris.

 

 

Today was Zi Tao's first day being introduced to his future members of the group and they had already made him feel uncomfortable. How was he ever going to get along with them? He did try to diligently read a book on Korean language while on the plane to Seoul, Korea. Also; being well brought up by his parents, Zi Tao thought it would be good to try his best to at least greet them properly. Who would have thought things would go this way?

 
 
 
"我说..我说错了什么吗?(Did I..did I say something wrong..?)" Zi Tao looked at Kris who was grabbing onto Lay and laughing. He felt helpless when nobody came forward to explain the situation.
 
The pretty-looking one then walked over to him, smiling. "子韬,你应该叫秀敏哥,Xiu Min hyung 不是oppa. 而且也应该叫大家哥哥。记得,hyung,不是oppa. (Zi Tao, you should call Xiu Min hyung, hyung and not oppa. Oh, and also the others. Remember, hyung but not oppa.)"
 
The elated Zi Tao nodded his head and thanked Lu Han. Decided that his reaction might have caused a shock to the new member and the youngest, Xiu Min walked over and hugged him. "子韬,欢迎来到韩国!(Welcome to Korea, Zi Tao!)


 
Surprised, he eyed Xiu Min who smiled warmly. "Tell him I have been learning Chinese for just a few months." in which Lu Han, the member who had majored Korean in Yonsei University translated. Zi Tao nodded and went on to greeting the other members. From there, he learnt that the Koreans in the group were Xiu Min, real name Kim Min Seok and Chen, real name Kim Jong Dae.


 
They had a small sharing session about their dreams and goals before Kris the leader allocates the room arrangement. In order for effective learning of both Korean and Chinese, Lay would share a room with Lu Han, Chen with Kris and last but not least, Zi Tao has his Xiu Min oppa with him.

 

-

 

 

Quite a failure.

 

Why half a shot? I might write another half...like a sequel to it?

 

Word count: 675 (that's so short, i know!)

 

xoxo

kwonmigi