Epilogue

The Diva Wears Guyliner

“Ooh, is that a squirrel?”

“No, that’s a cotton candy machine.”

“And I think that is a sparrow.”

“And no, that’s a light stand.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Seriously, Baekhyun until when are you going to put this show up?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” the other boy answered with a tone too high for sincerity. “Maybe until a certain someone apologizes properly about a certain something or when another certain someone feels like it.”

“But Baekkie,” another boy stressed, making it sound slightly like a whimper. “I’ve tried reasoning with you. It didn’t work. You still don’t understand. It’s like my words passed through one ear and went out the other.”

“Chanyeol, stop. It’s no use.” Kyungsoo stood between the two, trying to bring to a halt to this love quarrel that had been going on for days now. He thought it was just a measly argument, one that would end quickly. They had fights like this before, but he didn’t know this would turn into Cold War II.

Despite their combined efforts, Chanyeol and his, Baekhyun was still uncompromising, trying to name objects around him and failing to do it correctly. But because he loved his hardnosed boyfriend too much, Chanyeol went on with his speech.

“If you didn’t want to talk to me, a blank text would’ve been nice… or a glance to my direction, maybe? It doesn’t need to be for me, you could look at the plant next to me if you want. I would’ve made do with pretending. With a bit of tweaking and imagination, it would look like you actually still care…”

It was cheesy and embarrassing to say in public, especially in the middle of an amusement park with the hot summer sun as your blinding spotlight, but this was Chanyeol’s heart, what his soul had wanted to scream at the heavens above, hoping for the very least an echo, although very poorly written.

But as it seems, Baekhyun was not a fan of unedited poetry for he took off in search of the ice cream station as if no one had just cried out their emotions for him in the open, Kyungsoo in tow.

“Ah, Senior Romantico strikes again,” Kai told no one in particular, squinting to see from afar for it was too bright. Despite the lively, positive air the sky along with the intense, vivid colors from buildings and balloons scattered around, Chanyeol depressed is still depressing. The contrast was even more heartbreaking.

Aaand it missed,” Sehun countered, sipping his bubble tea, condensation gathering at his fingers. “The diva is one elusive tsundere.”

“And cold. Very cold.”

“What happened to those two?” Joonmyeon asked. The two jumped, they almost forgot about him. Who could blame them? He was a short guy and easy to miss.

“Which: Baekhyun and Kyungsoo or Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” Joonmyeon paused for a moment before giving Kai an answer. “Both.”

“Well…” Kai began, brushing his bangs that were wet with sweat and had started to stick to his forehead so as to gain more time for thinking, but was unable to continue due to the fact that he also did not know. He looked at Sehun with a pleading look. The other had always been better in what’s in the know. Sehun, who was chewing one tough tapioca pearl, got the message and swallowed the stubborn sphere before his report.

“Baekhyun is ignoring Chanyeol because he thinks he’s flirting with the other models at the agency. You know, the one Baekhyun told him and said that he should audition?”

Joonmyeon nodded, and so did Kai.

“Excluding the part where he encourages him by telling him his good points and ends up fangirling-”

After Kai had finished mentioning ‘ god’ in between coughs and uttered a courteous ‘I’m good’, Sehun continued. “Moving on: Chanyeol is an obedient boy. He got in immediately and- …well, we can’t deny it that Chanyeol is an attractive man, can we? Don’t give me that look, Kai. Anyways, the lady models can’t keep away and Chanyeol even has to beat them off with a stick.

“This has been happening for a long time now and Baekhyun thinks the reason why it hasn’t died down is because Chanyeol is actually enjoying it, but in truth he’s just a really friendly guy. Thus, we have Baekhyun pulling Kyungsoo to get some ice cream hoping to get away from him. End of story.”

 Kai slipped his fan under his arm to clap and marvel at his partner’s knowledge. “Oh, and ice cream because Kyungsoo is in love with ice cream and it is one of the easier ways to have him cooperate. But I bet you already know that, Joonmyeon, being with him and all.”

Kai nudged Joonmyeon as if to congratulate him, but the latter just frowned. “But why are they going to get more when their cones are with me?” They looked at his hands, and indeed, two chocolate cones of the dairy treat were there, already melting.

“Maybe they don’t like them anymore because they’re already melting?” was Kai’s childish answer. Joonmyeon shrugged.

“Want one?” Kai’s eyes widened and happily accepted the offer. A bead of sweat ran down from his forehead and found its way into Sehun’s eye. By the time Sehun had regained his vision after being temporarily blinded, he saw Kyungsoo running to them, a smile on his face.

“They’re back!” he shouted at their faces. Sehun couldn’t help but be faintly reminded of the Battle of Marathon. After air had crept back into Kyungsoo’s lungs and is flowing at a normal rate, he was able to further explain his expletive.

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol, they’re back to their lovey-dovey selves. Or at least: almost.”

Their eyes scanned the place, hoping to find a dwarf and a giant kissing under the shades. Finally, their eyes fell on a couple – a tall figure bent over, back-hugging a shorter one with its arms crossed.

Even with the low quality of the picture, it was obvious who those two were.

 

 

 

“You’re cute when you’re fuming like that and seething with anger.”

“Shut up.”

“I’ll shut up when you’ll stop blushing~”

Shut. Up.”

“I love you, too, Baekhyunnie~”

 

 

 

--

That was awful.

Yup, that was the epilogue, the icky, icky epilogue. But Vicky is always icky-er, remember that.

 

I hope you have enjoyed this fic.

If you want to kill me, I’ll be right off that cliff- doing… something.

 

I’m ending this because I need to get to my other fics- I mean, projects.

 

Curse you, everything else that has been distracting me >_<

 

Except EXO. EXO deserves my undivided attention :3

 

I also heard their comeback is nearing O_O

 

Alright, Imma end this...

 


END.

THE FINAL END.

 

 

SRSLY NOW.