~ Nineteen ~ (Should I put as ending...? ^_^)

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Yuri was unprepared to face her husband yet. She stood frozen for a couple of seconds before turning back and escaped from Yunho before her tears threatened to fall. However, she was met with two ‘wooden blocks’ – Changmin and Jaejoong, another two persons that she was not ready to see.

“My Black Pearl, can you please calm down and let us resolve this minor understanding…?” Ignoring the silent plea in Jaejoong’s voice, Yuri shook her head and turned towards her left. Her escape route was once again blocked – by Yuri’s parents and Yunho’s parents. “Come on, Yuri… Give them a chance… Let him explain to you…” Mrs Kwon looked adoringly at her daughter with a pleading smile.

And yet, Yuri shook her head again with tears flowing down her cheeks. She turned to the remaining direction and was blocked by her friends. “Yoona… How could you…? How could you betray me…? Why did you let them here…? Why did you let him here…?” Yuri began to sob.

Yunho hurriedly passed the cake to Donghae and walked towards his crying wife. It pained Yunho that Yuri had not yet forgiven him. He felt as if his heart was torn to pieces when he saw Yuri crying. Yunho shrugged off his jacket and covered Yuri. His gentle action shocked Yuri and made her looked up at her haggard-looking husband closely and clearly for the first time since she left without informing.

Yunho wanted to hug Yuri so badly. He wanted to comfort her but he knew Yuri was not ready. He knew he had long way to go to seek Yuri’s forgiveness. Hence, he was afraid. He dared not make any audacious move.

“My baby Yul… Sorry… Yuri…” Yunho rephrased and continued, trying hard to blink back his tears. “I understand that I had done you wrong… I shouldn’t have doubted your strong love for me… For only me… I know… I know that no matter how many apologies that I’m going to say is not going to be a miracle to heal your broken heart… But still, I want to say that ‘I’m sorry’… I shouldn’t trespass your life again… I shouldn’t appear before your eyes… Reminding you of the pain and sufferings that I had put you through… But… Today is your birthday… Your family and friends want to celebrate this event for you… We wanted to give you a surprise but I guess… I’m not welcome… It’s really okay… I do understand… And I’ll leave immediately…”

Before Yunho left, he could not help but pressed his lips to Yuri’s firmly. He savoured the kiss as if that was going to be the last time. The sudden kiss ended off abruptly and Yunho walked towards his car without turning back.

Yuri could taste the bitter-salty tears on Yunho’s lips. She stood rooted to the floor and stared at Yunho’s back. Yuri was upset to see how fatigue and depressed her husband had become. She wanted to call after Yunho, asking him not to leave but she could not find the courage to do so.

“Damn!” Jaejoong could not help but cursed softly. “Jung Yunho, Yuri has fainted!” Yuri looked at her friend weirdly as she was feeling fine and standing up straight. Changmin received Jaejoong’s signal and blocked Yuri from Yunho’s view.

Yuri was half-shocked and half-glad that Yunho had fallen right into Jaejoong’ trick and came rushing back urgently. His anxiety was written clearly on his face. Yunho grabbed Jaejoong by his shoulders and shook wildly, demanding to know about Yuri’s condition when he could not find her. Yuri was securely blocked by Changmin, her parents and friends, but it did not prevent Yunho and Jaejoong conversation from reaching her.

“Jung Yunho, are you an idiot? Why didn’t you further explain yourself?” Jaejoong’s question seeped through his clenched teeth angrily. “How can I do that…? Yuri was so upset…! I didn’t want to burden her with more problems and heartaches!” Yunho shouted back.

“Oh gosh, can’t you just confess to her? Just like what Changmin and I did…? Yup… It was totally heart-breaking to hear her rejection… We know that Yuri loves only you… Hence, we tried to help her… Well, it failed anyway… Did you ever say those three words to her before…?”

“I did! I did confess to her for a few times…!” Yunho admitted. “I even confess to God that not only I lust over Yuri’s y goddess body, I truthfully love her!”

Yuri could not help but burst into laughter. Everyone turned to look at her. She tried to stifle her laughter but Mr Jung stopped her. “Just laugh out loud, my beloved daughter-in-law… Hahaha…! This was also our reaction when we heard Yunho’s ridiculous confession to God…! It’s okay to laugh…! Don’t hold it back…!”

Yunho was astonished to see Yuri still around. The most important point was Yuri was heartily laughing and perfectly fine. Yunho grinned sheepishly when he received Yuri’s teasing wink. He rubbed his neck embarrassedly and secretly shot daggers at his cousin and buddy who were laughing so hard till they were rolling on the sandy beach.

“Alright guys, aren’t you supposed to celebrate my birthday…?” Yuri managed to stop chuckling and asked. Everyone gathered around the small table but Yunho was hesitant to join.

“Yunnie… Aren’t you supposed to help me with cutting the cake…?” Yuri smiled shyly when everyone started to about Yunho’s nickname.

Yunho gave a broad grin and encircled Yuri’s waist from the back. Everyone started singing the birthday song with Yunho punctuating each phrase with a kiss on Yuri’s rosy cheek. Finally, they ended off with Yunho holding Yuri’s hand to cut the cake…

“Happy birthday, my Yuri… I love you, baby Yul… I swear to God that I’ll love you forever…” Yunho whispered affectionately in Yuri’s ear…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, misunderstanding is resolved… Hmm… Think it does not match with the story title… But anyway… I hate writing sad romance… That’s why I couldn’t and wouldn’t want to continue with Yunho’s torture… ^^ So chingus, should I end this story now…? Or should I continue writing a little bit more…? ^^