Chapter 16

I'm Not Perfect

 

Chapter 16

Drama!

I don’t know for how long I already sit down and hide inside this small room. It was another documentation filing room which situated not far from Children’s ward but it wasn’t the one that all the nurses kept coming in and out. This one is for older document that the hospital kept the reference record so that mean less percentage for me to be found here. Usually, I hate this kind of place because it’s creepy and scary but right now, I feel like I need all the time in this world to be alone and isolated myself from others.

Hugging my knee closer to my body, I sobbed and my body felt so tired already due to crying so much. Within these 10 days, I cried a lot for various reasons. I hate that my weakness has begun to show up. It’s because I’m not a crybaby type of person and I only cry this hard if something bothers me and make me feel so damn sad and yes, I am so sad now.

B princess?
I always smile proudly whenever students from class A whistle out that nickname because I thought it was a compliment when it was none other than mocking word. It was indeed humiliating when reality hit you directly in your head and pulls you back to conscious. People around me will never like me, they will never appreciate my existence. That’s why.

I heard someone walked outside the room so I bit my finger to hold myself from sobbing. I don’t want to be found here.

“Hana, I know you’re in there,” a soft voice echoed from the door. Park Chanyeol. I closed my eyes shut and stopped breathing but no use, that person already entered the room. “See, I know you will come here.”

“…………..” I cupped my face with my palm and ignored him. He pulled my hand away from my face and even peeked to look at my face.

I snapped his hand roughly and cupped my face again. “Go… away!”

Instead of listen to my word, he sat down beside me and joined me in this dimmed light room. For a moment, he didn’t say a word.

“Why are you still here? Go away… you should never talk to b!tch like me,” I roared.

“I’m sorry Hana,” he said in slow voice.

“No, I’m sorry,” I said and turned my head away. “This is why I hate people like you. Poor people!”

“You can say whatever you want to say,” he urged.

“People like you always succeed in making me feel like I don’t belong to this world. Guess what, I won’t back down.” There’s a slightly anger mixed with disappointment in my voice.

He still didn’t go away. “When I first saw you, I have this one impression that you are… well, it’s a secret so I won’t tell you,” he said.

First impression of me? Uhh, no matter how I want to act as if I don’t need to hear it but 90% of my brain cells and body cringed and disobeyed my ego. “What?!” I finally asked and lifted my palm away from my face but then I turned my face away because he was looking at me with smile.

“Ah you wanna know right?” he triggered my curiosity. “But you have to stop crying first.”

I bit my lips. “I’m not crying!”

“Yeah right,” he smiled even more and heaved a deep breath. “When I first saw you, it was during our first semester orientation. I know you still remember it.”

I scoffed. That was one of the dark thing in my life that I refused to remember but right now, he make me want to listen to it. “Yes I won’t forget that.”

“You act like a princess and that’s why most of seniors dislike your attitude. When they make a foolish games of ‘word play’, it was battle between us and I won.”

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. “Yeah, you won and you make me received all the mocking remarks from them. Obviously, I hate you.”

He chuckled. “Okay then, I think we should stop talking about past especially regarding that topic.”

I just stayed silent.

“Jino doesn’t mean to talk bad about you. Really,” he emphasized.

“…………” I just remained silent.

“Please forgive him, please forgive me and every single person in my class for calling you using that name. You know we… urm…” he stuttered and seemed to get confused on what he should say next to comfort me and I know why. It’s because I am selfish b!tch and there’s no word to indicates my good side. All that appeared above my head was my bad and stupid behavior.

Tears welling inside my eyes again because the thought of it just hurt me all over again. I wiped my tears and it still continues rolling.

Chanyeol suddenly changed his sitting position with his back facing me. “I think you should try my method.”

His suggestion sounds too weird. “What method?”

“To help you feel relief and stop crying. Like the one I did last night.”

“You stupid!” I snapped.

“Trust me,” he patted his shoulder. “My back always ready for you.”

And the crazy thing right wasn’t his weird suggestion but my strange reaction. I agreed and leaned my forehead against his back and began to cry. For a quick second, I felt awkward but his warm back ( which I love the most ) makes me cried even harder. I absentmindedly wrapped my hand around his waist and sobbed my heart out. He was right, I do feel a lot better afterward.

“I’m sorry Hana,” he muttered slowly. “You’re just very special that no one sees the good side of you but all they saw was your hideous one. You see, everyone has good and bad things about them. It’s just whether other people realized it or not.”

“You don’t have to make me feel better. I know I deserve to be called that way because of my behavior. I’m way much worse compared to Goo Junpyo in ‘Boys Over Flower’. I know,” I replied and my hand still wrapped around his body.

He suddenly giggled. “Boys Over Flower? Ahhh, another K-Drama…”

“Yeah. I’m the female version of Goo Junpyo and you’re the male version of Geum Jandi. It’s just, we don’t have Yijoong and Woobin character among us,” I mumbled.

He was laughing now. “You surely have a cool way to relate your life with drama right?”

“But… I think Doctor Youngjae and Adam can be Yijoong and Woobin,” I ignored him and continue with my BOF comment.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t really watch that drama. I watched their poster because Chanmi told me about it but I don’t know which one is which one,” he said.

My sobbed slowly gone and my tears dried. “I’m the ugly curly hair. You’re the shorty with skirts. Doctor Youngjae is the tea experts and Adam is the loud ‘hey yo hey yo wassup’ guy.”

I could feel Chanyeol was shaking due to laughter. Am I making a big fat joke here???

“Chanyeol-ah, can I ask you something?”

He finally stopped laughing and his body stopped moving. He looked over his shoulder. “Sure.”

“I don’t care about other people opinion but do you… really… hate me?” my voice shaking.

He didn’t answered quickly instead pulled my hand off his body so that he could turn and face me. “If I hate you, I won’t be here and listen to your very own ‘Boys Over Flower’ version. After all, I’m the shorty with skirts right?”

Seeing his face while saying that suddenly make me laugh. All of sudden I feel like someone has removed a huge stone and burden off my chest. I feel so much better.

“Ahh, the ugly curly hair was laughing right now,” he grinned and run his finger on my face to wipe my leftover tears.

“I’m sorry for being such a b!tch,”

He shook his head. “Its okay. We can’t satisfy everyone. At least everyone in this hospital know you as a good person with kind heart. Even Jinki loves you.”

“I hope so.”

“No one is perfect in this world. You should remember that,” he advised.

“Aigoo, I feel like hugging you now,” I smiled.

He looked surprised at first but then he leaned forward and pulled me softly into his hug while whispered. “Come on, I think everyone was looking for you right now.”

“Okay.”

 

 

*-*-*-*


“To home,” I shouted playfully as we walk side by side that night.

“To home~~” Chanyeol mimicked my word jokingly.

“Hungry…” I singsong.

“Oh she’s hungry~” Chanyeol chuckled and singsong along.

“Oh was it just me?” I pretend to ask randomly.

“I’m hungry too but not as hungry as you…” he teased. “People who cry a lot often lose so much energy…”

“YAHH!!!” I stopped on my track and smacked his arms. To be honest, I don’t know how this guy manage to make me forget and feel happy even in my worst time. I guess he’s really antique and special. We reached home and noticed that there was someone standing outside. I take a closer look and realized that it was Jino. He saw us coming and smiled awkwardly.

“Jino, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked.

He approached us and stared at me. “I… I want to apologize.”

“Okay then, I shall leave you two alone,” Chanyeol winked at me. “Don’t worry, I’ll cook for you okay.”

“Yah…aish…” I pouted and diverted my attention on the guy in front of me.

“Jung Hana-ssi, I am truly sorry for saying that,” he bowed and didn’t even dare to look at my face.

“It’s okay,” I replied. If it was previous Jung Hana, she will definitely held a deep grudge against this guy for making her feel bad but this bran new Hana, she doesn’t really feel angry or mad anymore. Of course, a huge disappointment and heartbroken but that’s just all.

“Okay?” Jino questioned me back, his eyebrow rose up.

“Yes. Actually, I want to apologize for my behavior too. If you guys call me a princess for that reason, I know I deserve it but can you help me with something?”

Jino face brightened up. “Of course. Anything.”

“Stop calling me princess. I’m just ordinary person like you,” I pleaded.

He looked guilty, of course. “I won’t. I know I shouldn’t have said that about you. I don’t know you that well so…”

“It’s okay Jino. We’re cool now right?” I raised my hand for a high five.

He looked at me, amused. “I guess we are…”

“I’m not perfect Jino, that’s why,” I said.

“Me too.”

Jino excused himself with frowning face. Obviously, he doesn’t expect my reaction to be like that. Seriously, I felt the same as him. ‘We’re cool now’??? huh? Since when I’m so easy in terms of forgiving others?

 

 

 

*-*-*-*


I stared blankly at the ramen bowl. It looks delicious but I don’t feel like eating it even though my stomach growled. Something bothers me.

“Why don’t you eat it?” Chanyeol asked. He also didn’t touch his bowl. “I’m sorry because I just realize we don’t have enough stuff to cook so only ramen will do but if you don’t like it … I can…”

“No!” I snapped and shook my head. “I love ramen especially the one that you cook.”

He blushed slightly and cleared his throat. “Then, what bother you so much?”

I sighed. “Tomorrow will be my last day here. I won,” I smiled bitterly.

He stared at me, quiet.

“Yay… you still remember our bet?” I’m still with my bitter smile.

“Sure,” he replied shortly. “You’re amazing to have such endurance.”

“I am,” I said with proud. “But… do you feel happy if I go?”

His smile disappeared and he put his chopstick beside. “Hey, the ramen is quite spicy tonight. I shall get some milk.”

I sighed. Why was Chanyeol avoiding my question?
As soon as he returned to the table with milk on his hand, he poured it and sat down awkwardly. I’ve decided to skip the question and continue eating. He was right about one thing, this ramen was a little spicy than usual.

“Yah…” I called for him and fanned myself. I almost laugh when I saw he was the same as me, busy fanning his face and open his mouth due to spicy-ness.

“What?” he sipped his milk.

“Urmm… that night… the kiss…”

*Burrrrfffff*

Chanyeol suddenly spit out all the milk inside his mouth directly to me after hearing my question. All that I know, my face were now dripping wet with mixture of milk and it was pretty disgusting. He stared at me in horror after realized what he’s done.

“YAHHHH PARK CHANYEOL!” I screamed. “YOU ARE SO GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!





To be continued.

 

 

 

Notes :

Quick update but not as longer as before. Sorry ^^;;;.... I love you guys. Colasmackles, shahirashera,maiko_chan, Flamerain, ChrisKim, Pi_Ichimoku and everyone in subscriber list. No word can describe how thankful I am for your support ^^v

As you can see, I got new banner up there... now this story has three banner. Kyahhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~ so happy. lalalalala... and thanks... more comment was something that I never expect. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. hehehe~~~ you guys are so cavity!!!!