Chapter 4

Versailles

When I enter I see my mother lying in a hospital bed, conected to countless life-saving machines.

I slowly walk towards her, tears stinging my eyes threatening to overflow. My mother isn't moving. "M-mom? are you okay?"

She shifts her head slightly, eyes barely open. When she speaks her voice is faint and weak, "[Name]. I'm sorry. First your father now me. I wish I could be here for you." She turns to Kamijo who followed me into the room. "Kamijo dear. Please. You and Hizaki take care of her? I'm so sorry to trouble you."

Kamijo comes closer. Not wanting to fill the hospital with such loud talking. "Its okay. We will take great care of her. You've done so much for me and Hizaki throughout the years. This is the least I can do."

She faintly smiles and turns back to me. "Honey. Always remember how much I love you...." The beeping from the life monitors go flat and my tears overflow and I fall to my knees in sorrow. Kamijo lifted me, holding my shoulders so I don't fall down again. Kamijo directed me out the door, getting out of the way of the nurses and doctors. 

The strange man from the phone was standing there not saying a word. Too sad to even care who he was anymore. Kamijo asked in my stead, "So who are you?"

"Oh forgive me. My name is Gackt. I was just walking by with a group of my friends when I saw the accident."

Kamijo continues to question him, "So you carried her all the way here?  Why?"

"Beecause that would have been rather cruel of me to just leave someone half dead lying there waiting for an ambulance that will come to late. At least with me picking her up she had a slight chance at life."

I could vaguely see Kamijo's glare of distrust through my puffy teary eyes. Kamijo speaks, his tone harsh. "I still don't trust you."