Chapter 3

Versailles

 

Hizaki glares at Kamijo, "HEY! What was that for?!" He shouted angrily, caught off guard by the sudden punch.
 
Kamijo continues to glare, his voice shaking with anger, "How dare you! Just go and say things like that! I thought you were my friend!"
 
Hizaki laughs, mockingly, "We are friends, silly! I just made the first move." 
 
I hear the door open and see Teru come in, "Technically I AM the one to make the first move." 
 
"Fine. Then I'm second!" Hizaki shouts.
 
 
Masashi follows behind Teru, "No. Actually that would be me."
 
" So I'm third. Kamijo is fourth."
 
"And I'm fifth." Yuki comes walking in. A huge smile on his bright red face. 
 
"So. Who's it going to be?" They all say in unison.
 
All eyes on me. My mouth won't say a word. I think for a [long] time and build up my courage to speak, "W-well. I love you all in a different way. The only two I would think to have a relationship with is Kamijo and Hizaki.... Teru and Masa, you two are just friends. and Yuki.... I barely know you..." I say shyly.
 
All their faces, saddened ; look to me. Hizaki is the first to speak, "So... Who will you choose?" 
 
My eyes fill with tears, "Hizaki....." His face brightens, "I think of you more as a sister..." Hizaki's face becomes dark with the great sadness. "Kamijo..." I approch him and grab this hands in mine. "I-I choose you." 
 
Kamijo imedietly blushes bright red, "R-really?! Well I thank you, darling." He kisses my hand. I look to Teru, Masashi, and Yuki; their expressions hateful and sad  towards what has just happened. "Come. Let's leave them in their sorrow. I'll drive you home.", He whispers into my ear. He leads me away. 
 
Just before we reach his car, my phone rings. I answer it to hear a strange voice on the other end. My eyes begin to water as I hear what the strange man has to say.
 
Kamijo looks to me, worried. "Is everything alright [Name]-chan?"
 
"N-no...My mother....She's.... gotten into a car accident! Kamijo! Please! Drive me to the hospital!" Tears fill my eyes, but I blink them back.  I don’t want him to see my tears
 
Kamijo agrees to drive me to the hospital where we meet the man on the phone. "Where’s my mother?! Is she okay?! and also who ARE you?!"
 
"Whoa. So many questions! For 1: your mother may not make it. For 2: I'm just a passerby who saw what happened. And for 3: Shes in there. Sorry but theres really no time for questions! I'll explain everything later!" He points to one of he rooms in the bright white hallway. 
 
When I enter I see my mother lying in a hospital bed, conected to countless life-saving machines.