Chapter 1

Streetlight Love.

{ c h a p t e r o n e } ;

Applause filled the stage as I ended my song; I bowed and make my way to the backstage.  I have just finished another performance for today. I proceed to changed out of my costume.
"It was another great performance today." My manager told me.
"Thanks." I smiled at her.
"You don't have any schedule after this, you may want to go back to rest."
"Yeah, sure."
I was led to my car by my manager and the security guards, "protecting" me from my fans.
I got up the car and my manager drove me back to my apartment.

In the car,

As I look out of the car's window, admiring the night view, I reminisced about the past. I came from a poor family but I loved singing and I have a talent for it. One day, I was being talent-scouted and became a trainee in my current company. Then, I debuted as a solo singer. Now I have become rich and famous. Also, I lived in an apartment on my own. My parents were still in our hometown. I was busy with my schedules and didn’t have time to visit them. I was very lonely living alone, being  a solo singer has its disadvantage at times, adding on to the fact that I tend to keep to myself due to the past I had, no one really dared to make friends with me.

"____!! We have reached your apartment." My manager said to me.
“Okay, thanks.” I broke away from my thoughts and replied her.
"You’re welcome. Have a good rest."
"Okay." I replied her as I got out of the car.

The moment I reached home I went to make dinner for myself, kimchi noodles again. Those schedules really make me tired and hungry all the time. I made myself comfortable on the sofa and started eating. When I finished eating, I cleared the table and found out that I have finished eating three cups of noodles. After clearing the table, I decided to go for a walk like I normally do when I am bored and it also helps to burn my calories. Furthermore, it’s only during the night that I am able to go out with ease. I grabbed my sunglasses and headed for my apartment door.

I stepped out from my apartment and took a deep breath of fresh air and stared at the sky. The silence made me think about my parents even more. I decided to grab a cup of caramel coffee at the ground floor and head to my favourite spot in the streets, to set my mind free of all the problems and stare at the night sky filled with many stars. I made my way towards my favourite spot, the bench under the streetlight; it was just a minute walk from my apartment. I reached there and sat down, sipping my caramel coffee little by little, while admiring the night sky, when suddenly, I felt a thump on the bench I was sitting on...

-
Mikato
13 May 2010.