Room 442

Appa's Last Gift, My Robots

Haneul looked out the window as her thoughts sailed somewhere other than the noisy classroom. her thoughts was disturbed because someone threw a paper ball at her.

She looked at the direction where the paper ball was thrown, and the jerks showed their tongues to her. "Watch out, freak" one of them said then all of them broke into laugher. Haneul rolled her eyes and rested her head on the table. She took a peek and saw the empty chair beside her. 

No one in class would sit next to her. She disgust them, it was as if she had done something so shameful but honestly, what did she do? She sighed and thought that no one would ever sit there, not even a new student because the others would chant to not sit next to her. I still don't get it. Why don't I have any friends? She thought then let out another sigh.

Her head shot up as she heard laughter coming from outside of the window. She looked out of the window and saw guys trying to skip classes -or most probably skipping school.

But that wasn't something out of ordinary, it was something they usually do. No one dared to tell the teacher as it will cause trouble towards them. She shook her head and sighed. Where the heck is the teacher?! She angrily thought.

 

--

Soon after classes were over, everyone packed their stuff faster before the teacher who was going tell them the homework. Haneul stayed a little longer as she was taking down notes of the homework the teacher was giving.

As she was done, she began to pack her stuff. "I'm glad that at least one student is listening" the teacher announced to the empty class. Haneul gave him a smile, "Thank you for teaching, songsaengnim" she said as she bowed in respect. Then she left.

"Hey loser, wear some make-up. You look like a dead corps!" a girl snickered. The rest laughed and high fived each other. Really? Well, at least I don't look like a clown, she thought as she glared at them and walked off.

She started walking out of the school compound and crossing the road. As a few minutes passed, the road was empty as everyone had gone home. Only some were still waiting for their transport to come.

She crossed the road withour looking left or right since the road was empty. She took a step and unexpectedly, "Look out!" she felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around her, "Hey, what's-" before she could finish, she felt an impact upon her and realized that she was on the tar road. Struggling, she stood up and brushed her uniform down. She looked at the stranger and stared at him. He got up and brushed his uniform as well.

"You should really be careful. The truck almost hit you," he suddenly spoke. What truck? She thought then remembered that she heard a truck coming at her. Ah, I'm so stupid! She thought again. Then bowed at him,

"Thank you so much! If it wasn't for you, I would've been hit!" she said. He gave her an assuring smile and said it was okay. "Just look out for cars" "I did! It was just that, the road was empty and I thought it was safe to cross," she said as she felt guilty. 

"Well, empty road or not, always look left and right. We don't want to lose the professor's daughter too now do we?" he said as he smiled again then walked off. Professor's daughter too...? "Hey wait!" but before she could stop him, he disappeared. Wasn't he just here? Ah, forget it. Appa's waiting for me.

With that she walked off with many thoughts in her mind. At one point, her phone rang. It had this cute little tone saying to pick up. She picked up and heared a woman's voice, "Kang Haneul-sshi?" she answered back, "Yes, this is Kang Haneul," 

"Your father had just got admitted to the hospital. Professor Kang Woo Shim is your father right?" the woman asked as Haneul assumed her to be a nurse or a doctor. "H-hospital," she manage to say. Before she could answer the woman, Haneul dropped her phone then ran off. Appa! Don't leave me! She yelled in her mind as though she was mad at herself. 

She wipped her tears as she was running for her life or as you can say, her father's life. This can't be, but the doctor- Appa!! She pushed open the doors of the emergency room and ran straight to the counter with her eyes red from crying. "Professor Kang Woo Shim," she told the lady.

"He's in room 442. But I'm sorry, you can't see him at the moment. Doctors are checking on him," she said.

"No! I demand to see my father!" Haneul stomped the table which frightened the lady.

"I'm honestly sorry but there is nothing I can do," the lady answered soothingly.

"Nothing you can do? You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to walk right in there and see my dad!" and with that, she stomped off leaving the lady wordless for a second.

442...442...422 wait no 442, aish! Why won't hospitals make it easy for us visitors?!

She thought until she came upon room 442. Bingo. She slightly opened the door.

"But Professor, what about your daughter?" Haneul heard a man said. 

"You and the others can take care of her, I trust you," the Professor answered. And the others? Who is he talking about?

"I think it's going to be hard for her to open up," the man said.

"Don't worry, my Haneul is a kind girl, she'll loosen-" the professor coughed, "-loosen up," Haneul's heart broke when she heard him cough.

"Appa!" she walked towards his bed. "Haneul, you're here," he smiled at her.

"But appa, who were you talking to?" she asked. "Don't worry child, you'll find out soon,"

"Woah that was close hyung," Kyungsoo told Suho as he just nodded.

"Not too long soon, she'll find out about us," Baekhyun said.

"Yes, but Professor told us to shut it until he departs," Chanyeol continued.

Sehun looked up at his hyungs, "But where will he go?"

They whispered to each other as they were at the balcony, with the curtains closed.

 

-- 

So sorry for the late update >< I don't know why but I just find this little convos at the end of the chapter cute!

Kai : Why aren't I in this chapter?
Me : Because.
Kai : Because?
Me: Because..
Kai : Because what!?
Me : JUST BECAUSE.

Chanyeol : Hey author-shhi, can I tackle Haneul later?
Haneul : Uhm..
Me : No.
Chanyeol : Why not?! 
Me : Because.
Chanyeol : Because of?
Me : Ugh, BECAUSE.
Chanyeol : Blargh whatever. I'm out.

FROM SEHUN TO ALL READERS.
Sehun : I LOVE YOUU <3

tumblr_ma2iwdPFZi1qdbrbvo1_400.jpg