( 02 )

My Doll Is Alive!
      C H A P T E R  T W O

Burping loudly, you sighed in content and dumped the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink before walking to the living room and plummeting on the sofa.

"Damn, the ramen was nice." you muttered to yourself as you placed one hand on your tummy. Your other hand reached out for the tv remote control which was on the other side of the sofa. You flipped through the channels boringly.

"Boring, boring, boring.." After several minutes of flipping through quite a number of channels, you finally decided to switch the television off.

You threw the remote control away at a random direction when suddenly the sound of cracking was heard, as if the remote control landed on something fragile.

Your eyes widened at the thought of your mom's precious vase, and quickly scrambled to find where the remote control was thrown. After several seconds of finding, you found the remote control behind the sofa, but what made you surprised was that the porcelain doll was underneath the remote control, it's face a little bit cracked at the right side.

You frowned and quickly picked up both the remote control and the porcelain doll. You brought it close to your face so that you could examine the crack. To your relief, the crack was not that obvious.

'Oh well, I guess I would have to sell this fella for a cheaper price.. But wait, why is the doll here? Didn't I leave you on my bed earlier?' you thought with an eyebrow raised. But you shrugged it away, not wanting to think much.

You hugged the porcelain doll to your chest and sat down onto the sofa. Carefully, you placed the doll right beside you and the tv again, this time deciding to settle for an episode of Spongebob on Cartoon Network.

Every now and then, you would throw glances at the doll as if it would come to life anytime soon. And then you would mentally slap yourself everytime you glance at the doll because you're against superstition.

You continued glancing at the doll, each time furrowing your eyebrows more and more. You admitted that you were scared because you thought the doll was emitting a creepy aura.

After a few minutes, you couldn't take it anymore so you grabbed the doll and held it up to your face. Your eyes scanned it's face but for the first time, you realised that it had a mild resemblance to Lu Han.

Sparkly eyes, a defined nose, full lips, and flawless skin. Just like Lu Han's.

Almost immediately, your suspicion on this doll actually coming alive faded away.

'If this doll looks like Lu Han, will his lips feel exactly the same as his?' you thought, unconsciously leaning in towards the doll's delicate face. The next second, you found yourself pressing your lips against the porcelain doll's.

As expected, the porcelain surface was smooth against your lips. It was strangely warm, but you were too carried away to notice this.

Until you realized what you were doing. Your eyes widened and dropped the doll onto the sofa, shocked at what you yourself just did.

"God, am I really this desperate for Lu Han that I had to kiss a doll and imagine it was him? Have I really gone out of my mind?" you asked yourself in disbelief, shaking your head before turning off the tv and walking up the stairs to your room.

Taking one last look at the doll which you left on the sofa, you closed the door and threw yourself onto your bed. You decided to tuck in early, and but no matter how, you just couldn't fall asleep.

You kept tossing and turning and before you knew it, it was already way past midnight. Sighing to yourself in dread, you prepared yourself for another sleepless night.

But unknownst to you, the porcelain doll you left on the sofa was transforming into a human. Magical sparks surrounded the doll as it grew taller, and taller until it reached it's full height. Stretching his arms and legs, he yawned and looked around.

"It feels so good to be human again," he smirked, looking in the direction of your room. "Thanks for the kiss, Chaerin-ah."


      A U T H O R ' S  N O T E S
whut da fawwwk did i just write?!1!
orz. guys im so so sorry for not
updating! i was really really busy
procrastinating but now it's holiday
i have moar time to update yay 8D
so, expect moar updates, yeah? e u e