Finale

Love Can be Too Convenient for Me to Catch On.

 

-EUNHYUK'S POV-
 
I let out the millionth sigh this week as I walked down the path towards school. Trees full and blossomed crept along side the sidewalk. The sky was clear and only faint washed out clouds were present. A fresh breeze traveled in the air,carrying the Spring life with it. It seems like everything's fine, but in my world...not really..
 
--
----
-------
----------
 
I pulled the chair from my desk,along with some screeching noises. As I sat down,I took notice of the empty desk beside me. Donghae..He's been absent these days.. A good best friend, I would go and see what's up. I haven't done that yet.. He hasn't contacted me either.I have a feeling like he wants to be alone. School life seems different when you don't have a energetic fish coming to bother you. I wonder what  that fish is thinking right now..?
 
Well, I spent the whole school day in space. My mind wasn't working normally.My train of thoughts always had Donghae on board. Then my luck got the best of me. Teacher had enough, forced me to work after school, blah blah,all that stuff. 
 
------
 
I pulled out my phone to check any messages or missed calls from Donghae. Nope. Nothing.. The sun was setting and I was still filing papers for the teacher. Man,this is a pain.. After being in here for 3 hours,you'll just die of boredom. 
 
"Eunhyuk, you may go."  I heard the teacher say from behind.
 
Without saying a word, I got my belongings and headed out. The halls were so empty. The school looked different after school.. Students for detention, other students to help the teacher.  By the time I was outside, the sun had already set,leaving the moon to come up in the dark blue sky. 
 
You know.. I don't really think the night sky is black as some depicts. It's actually a dark lonely blue color with only the faint light from the moon to show it. The stars aren't really much help,sometimes they don't even come out at all. I noticed a small star,shining brightly. It was only one star though.. Alone... Like me.. I took my phone out,positioned it upwards to the sky,and took a picture of the lone light. 
 
I chuckled to myself after realizing what I was doing and continued to walk through an alleyway. I stopped my tracks in front of a shop selling alcohol. Beer,wine, all that's stuff. I heard a familiar voice coming from the shop. I eyed the place for awhile then went to hide behind a nearby car when I saw someone coming out. Peeking out slowly a group of people talking over each other. I could faintly make out the conversation
 
"Going home alone, Donghae?" I heard a rough deep voice say.
 
"Of course!Bye~!!!" the voice rang in my ears. Donghae..
 
As the group dispersed, I ran to the fish.
 
"Donghae-ah!" I greeted him.
 
"Oh~! Monkey~!!!" As soon as Donghae saw me, he hugged me. The smell of alcohol combined with his scent. Donghae's body was hotter than normal...Temperature wise. 
 
"Umm Hae? You ok?" I pulled him back a little so now I was looking at him.His face and neck was all red,but he was still wearing a big grin. 
 
"Of course I am~!" 
 
"Aish..Hae, you're drunk.." He smiled and giggled like a little kid.
 
"Hyuk,you really do look like a monkey~!" Donghae pinched my cheeks and pulled them outwards. I looked at him weirdly and swatted his hands away.
 
"Do you have the keys to your house?"  He smiled and shook his head.
 
"That's not something to smile about!" I sighed to myself, adding to the list of sighs. I guess I have to take him home with me..
 
"C'mon Hae,I'm taking you home," I announced. But being the drunk Donghae he is, he acts like a five year old child. And being the five year old child, he'll be stubborn. So being the stubborn drunk fish he is, he refuses to go anywhere and sit in one place like a rock. And refusing to go anywhere is a pain in the for me. 
 
" No! I'm staying right here!" He pouted,puffed out his cheeks, and crossed his arms. 
 
Dear Shisus...are you testing me? I looked at the younger one again and rolled my eyes. 
 
"You really drank way too much. You should know you can't drink well." I said as I pull Donghae up to his feet and carried him on my back. While skillfully dodging his flailing arms.
 
"Yah let go of me,you monkey!"
 
"No can do,princess." After that little comment, he went silent.  
 
"Hyukkie.."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Why is my heart so tired from crying..?"
 
"... I don't know. I'm sorry if I wasn't any help.."
 
" It's ok.." 
 
You whispered that to me,but were you also crying? I felt Donghae's hot breath on my neck and realized he buried his face into the crook of my neck.
 
"Hae?"
 
".."
 
"Hae?"
 
"..."
 
I heard some slight snoring from the lather. Tired as hell. He's sleeping so soundly as I carried him to my house, which seems really far,but is actually very close.
 
--------------------------------
 
I stared at the fish sleeping in my bed. In sleep, Donghae's face looks worn,but fresh as a raindrop. He looked lovely,but vulnerable. I leaned down to his face while mine started heating up. This is my only chance.. 
 
I slowly pressed our lips together. The warmth and sweetness of his soft lips linger onto mine. I wanted to stay like that for a little more,but I knew I had to break the small kiss that I was craving. 
 
As I pulled back I noticed Donghae's eyes were opened.
 
.....
 
"D-Donghae?" 
 
"Hi Monkey~! Whatcha doin' so close?!" His voice was cheerful and high. 
 
"Hae, you're still drunk?"
 
In response, he tilted his head on the pillow,having some of his hair spread out. Yep, still drunk. I sat up straight and Donghae continued to stare at me.
 
"W-what?"
 
"Hyukkie...I want to see the sunrise~!"
 
"Eh?"
 
"You heard me! Sun. Rise."He pouted and slowly closed his eyes.
 
"Fine,we'll see the sunrise. We just need to stay awake."
 
Donghae was silent ,indicating he fell asleep again. That kid... I reached over to my alarm clock and set it to 5:50AM. Groaning silently on how painful it would be to wake up that early. I climbed in bed and laid beside Donghae.Hugging him from behind. The alcohol smell disappeared and his scent was full again. 
 
"Since you're asleep and possibly still drunk.... I'll say this.."
 
"I've always loved you"
--------------------------------------
-DONGHAE'S POV-
 
"Hae..Hae..wake up" I heard a pleasant voice call out to me. I opened one eye and opened the other. It was still dark,but there was enough light to see a Eunhyuk's figure above me.
 
"Hyukkie,you creeper. What are you doing in my room?" I asked groggily.
 
"Hae, you're in my apartment"
 
"Really?"
 
"Drunk night,remember?" As if on cue, my head started hurting.
 
"Now come on. We got a sunrise to see..."
 
I swung my legs off the bed and followed Eunhyuk to the middle of the room. Eunhyuk looked at me before proceeding to open the balcony doors. The morning cold rushed into the room. The freezing air rested upon my skin. Eunhyuk took the blanket and covered me with it. He held my shoulders and guided me outside to the cushioned sofa. Out of all my years of knowing him, how come I didn't know about this sofa?
 
We sat there for awhile,waiting for the sun to come up. I looked over to Eunhyuk. He had a tired look on his face. Eyes were droopy and wanting to close. I leaned against him. Letting my head rest on his shoulders. I could feel him flinch a little. 
 
"You know I was sober when you kissed me.." I admitted
 
"...What?!" 
 
"And awake when you said you loved me"
 
"...What!?!?!?! Donghae..I'm..sorry.."
 
"Don't be~ You know what else I remembered?"
 
"W-what?"
 
I leaned in forward to him. Our lips were just three centimeters apart. " I remembered that I fell in love with you."
 
"You can complain all you want and insult me all you want,and I'll still be here.I'll never leave your side.Just because all the guys in the past cheated on you doesn't mean I will.I don't want to and  I won't ever do that to you. I never want to hurt you.Please just let me show you that not everyone is going to break your heart. Let me treat  you how you have always deserved to be treated. I want to be the one to catch you when you fall,again and again.."
 
I smiled and pressed our lips together. The sweet taste of Eunhyuk's mouth satisfied me. His warmth as he wrapped his arms around my cold lonely body. He broke the kissed and looked at me passionately with love. 
 
That's all I needed. Eunhyuk. He was right there in front of me the whole time. Very convenient.. 
 
Indeed that love can be too convenient for me to catch on..
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: The end~ this was shorter than i said but this chapter is longer than expected. 8D
hope you enjoyed this fic~ thank you for reading~!
 
Comments=♥ No Silent Readers~ :D
 
~Dia is Out!~