1

A Love To Die For (Real Love)

( Thank you LadyAthena for the beautiful and awesome poster. ) 

Jin Young's point of view

 

"Do you have any idea what the boss will do to me if you don't show up at the party?" Rin pleads through the rear-view mirror. " So? It's not like I asked to go." Crossing my arms, I ignore Rin's whining as I think of the pink bear from before. "That was definitely a girl's voice…"

 

………………………………………....

 

"East Wing Medical Center." Rin says as he parks the car. Outside, the hospital was back to it's usually busy schedule as we walk towards the entrance. "Wait here." Rin says, giving me the "don't you dare think about leaving" look. "Yeah, yeah." I wave him away as I plop down on a comfortable leather chair. 

 

"Dr. Yoon Ji Hye, please come to the East Wing surgical ward." A woman says over the speakers. Yawning, I close my eyes to take a nap when I hear someone shout my name. Opening my eyes, I see none other then Sulli. 

 

"Jin Young?" Sulli exclaim, waving happily at me. " Hey, Sulli."I say, surprised to see her here. " I didn't know you were going to attend the Valentine's Day party. I thought it wasn't your thing." She sits across from me, raising an eyebrow. " Your boss made you?" 

 

Nodding, I sigh. " He's always making me do these stupid things. What's the point of me coming anyways?" I complain. " I tried to run but-" Suddenly, Rin appears with a huge grin on his face. "Sulli!" He says a little too happily. "Lucky running into you here." 

 

"Yes, everyone from f(x) is here." Glancing at her watch, her eyes grow wide as she stands up. " I got to go now. My manager is looking for me. See you later Jin Young." Once she left, I stare at Rin, who was just glowing with happiness. 

 

"You are such an ajusshi. Are you that happy you got to talk to a Sulli?" He blushes deep red as he clears his throat. 

 

…………………………………………………………….

Ji-Eun's point of view

 

"Ouch." I mumble as the needle passes through my skin. " You should be used to it by now." Dr. Lee says gruffly as he pulls it out. " I know, but it still hurts." Staring at his annoyed face, I stick out my tongue. " Are you still angry Dr. Lee?" I say playfully. " I said I was sorry." 

 

Unrolling my blue sleeve, he puts on his stethoscope. " Breath in and out deeply. " I promise (breathes in) not to (breathes out) do it again (breathes in), so don't be angry (breath out) okay?" Sighing, he smiles and nods his head. "I know you want to sing Ji-Eun, but doing what you did, that was too dangerous. You know what can happen if you're out in the heat too long." 

 

"I know, I know. Don't over work my heart. I got it. Look, I'm fine!" Raising my arms, I show that nothing is wrong. " Are you really going to take away my passes?" Biting my lip, I use my unfailing puppy dog eyes. Chuckling, he shakes his head. " This time I won't, but next time!" He points a finger at me warningly.

 

The door opens and Dr. Yoon walks in with a heart shaped chocolate candy bar. "The boy next door wanted me to give this to you, Ji-Eun." She smiles as she hands the shiny red candy to me. Taking it from my fingers, I protest at Dr. Lee. 

 

"Dr. Yoon, Ji-Eun is on a very strict diet of no sweets whatsoever. What do you think your doing?" He says angrily. " Common, Kang Sung. It's Valentine's day. Let Ji-Eun have some enjoyment in her life." Staring at me and Dr. Yoon, he breathes out in defeat as he hands it back to me. 

 

"Asa!" Happily, I unravel the heart shaped candy and break off a piece, letting it melt on my tongue. "Such as shame that you don't have a boyfriend to spend Valentine's with." Dr. Yoon pitied. " Whuat doh vou meah?" I say, my mouth sticky with chocolate. 

 

"All the boys in the East ward have a crush on you. And I see why they would, you're pretty, a good singer-" Dr. Lee interrupts Dr. Yoon with a laugh. " If you call someone that stuffs their face with candy pretty, that is." Scowling at him, I throw off my slippers and lay down on the bed. " You must be tired. Get some sleep before we run some tests." Dr. Yoon pats my head. 

 

Nodding, I close my eyes until the sound of drifting footsteps disappear. Opening my eyes again, I look out towards the bright blue sky, watching the clouds slowly move towards the sun. " A boyfriend huh?" 

 

Leaning to my side, I close my eyes, wondering what falling in love feels like. Ever since I was a child, I knew not to run around with the kids or play games with the other patients. Everyday I would lay down here on this bed, watching them play hide and seek, or swing on the swing sets. There are so many things I can't do… not even fall in love. 

 

Dr. Lee says my heart is too weak for something as emotionally stressful as love and I needed to avoid it. Falling in love, liking someone… even though I'm already seventeen, I have never experienced it…and perhaps I never will.  

 

……………………………………………………

 

Jin Young's point of view

 

"Thank you for coming." A man name Dr. Shin In Ha  in his late sixties greets me as I enter the celebration hall. Bow respectively, I flash my practiced smile and thank him for inviting us. 

 

" It is me that is grateful for you coming here on such short notice." He says, his elderly eyes twinkling. " The children will love that that you and f(x) are here." Rin apologizes for the absences of the other members, explaining that they all had caught the flu except for me. 

 

What a load of bull! 

 

The members are probably at home, watching soccer and eating all the food I bought with my own money. "Wait till I get home…" I grumble to myself. " Did you say something?" Rin asked, his gaze the same "don't even dare mess this up" look. Grinning innocently, I shake my head. " Just admiring the lights." 

 

…………………………………………….

 

The entire "celebration" lasted for a long 4 hours of singing, dancing, and signing autographs. By the time Rin finally decides to go home, I just wanted to curl up in my bed and die. "This isn't why I became an Idol, you know!" I snap in the car. "Yes yes, Ice Prince." He gasps, realizing what he just said. " What…did you say?" I ask with a threatening tone. 

 

"N-nothing, Jin Young." Rin denied as I glare at him. Leaning my head back, I close my eyes, trying to catch a few minutes of sleep when the pink bear from this morning appears in my mind again. " Aish! Who was that?" I stomp my foot on the carpeted car floor, startling Rin. " What's wrong?" He asks nervously.. " It's nothing. Just drive."