Nothing.

Is It Only Me?

(Flashbacks are in gray(: )

 

It didn't take me long to realize that this wasn't going to work. I writhed around in my bed, eyes wide open and swollen from crying.

The only thing I wanted was to feel his arms around me at that very moment. To feel his breath trickle against the back of my neck.

As if an instinct, I ran my hand over the back of my neck. The tattoo. I'd gotten it when Jiho and I were still just friends, and he was there,, holding my hand despite his disgust of watching the needle against my skin. It wasn't anything much, the tattoo. A simple set of two stars.

I smiled, despite the fact that I was nearly dying inside--despite the pain that settled itself within me. I remembered when Jiho first confessed how he felt about me, right after we left the tattoo parlor.

 

"What?" I asked, holding a small ice pack against the stinging flesh of my neck.

Jiho stood there, his hands in his pockets, smiling.

"You know, it's a really good choice that you made," he answered, taking his right hand out of his pocket and rubbing the nape of his own neck.

I gave him a blank look, still feeling the burn of the needle against my skin.

"The tattoo," he grinned.

"Oh." I smiled, "Is that supposed to be sarcastic...? What's that supposed to mean?"

Sighing with a light laugh, he took a step towards me, leaning into my ear.

"One star can be for you. The other can be for me." He said, his warm breath hitting the shell of my ear in all the right ways.

"I--"

He cut me off with a quick, "I really like you," before kissing me lightly on the lips.

 

Only being able to smile for so long, I began to cry all over again. Why was it so hard to be away from him? Why did I feel so empty?

I picked up a pillow from beside me, screaming into it and throwing it at at a picture of the two of us. It fell, the glass of the frame breaking.

"I'll clean it up in the morning," I mumbled, only to realize I was alone.

Alone and in a pathetic heap on a bed that was too clearly made for two people. At this point, my heart was like this bed. Empty, cold, and loveless.

Who was I kidding? I couldn't do anything alone. Not without him.

There was countless times when he was there for me--the tattoo parlor being just one of the many examples. There were so many other things I missed, wishing to relive the countless moments. Yearning for those memories to be relived was small compared to the yearning of his presence.

I let out an almost silent, breathy chuckle.

"I'm nothing. I'm alone..."

 

 

 


 

 

 

Jiho lay down at the studio, his legs dangling from the end of the small couch uncomfortably. Kyung had left a while ago--something about Jaehyo and a broken faucet.

His arm resting above his head, Jiho exhaled, feeling lone and empty once again. The several bottles of beer he had earlier failed to fill him up. Somehow, he was able to eat and drink, but he just couldn't seem to digest it.

He shivered suddenly, feeling cold and searching for the air conditioner remote.

Eventually, he gave up looking for it and got up, opening a drawer underneath his desk and pulling out a scarf.

He felt dizzy, realizing the scarf was hers. Opening the drawer the scarf had been enclosed in seemed to fill the room with her scent, making Jiho blink back a couple of tears.

Within the next ten minutes, he found himself searching the pockets of his jacket fr his phone. Nothing. He'd probably left it on the couch.

In a sudden spur-of-the-moment thing, he ran out of the studio, locking the door behind him.

 

He couldn't take it. He had to see her, no matter how far he had to run.

 

 

 


 

 

 

4:38am and my body was aching, and I was fussing around in my bed because of the sick feeling in my stomach. Dizzy and in a cold sweat, I ran to the bathroom, retching out what seemed like everything inside me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


So... I hope the format isn't too confusing. The lines or page breakers (like above ^) mean a change in POV. Or the beginning of my author's note XD ENJOYYY. Bai~~